• 1031 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 08:15 AM

crest needs to be bigger to have a better shaped drop

#22 Gvus

Gvus

Just ride

• 1595 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 09:03 AM

I love the drop! This would be a lot of work, but it will look a lot better if you made the lift less steep as B&M hyper lifts are at a much more shallow angle than what you have.

#23 soggyhotdoggg

soggyhotdoggg

Architect

• 605 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 12:59 PM

I think the drop looks great! But B&M pullouts seem to begin closer to the ground, noticeably lower than half the height of the coaster. Also, agreed with gvus on the steepness on the drop.

#24 JayketheKid

JayketheKid

A.K.A J-Coasters

• 953 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 03:12 PM

Well looking at the second to bottom photo if you made the crest larger and stick out to the right more it would look better size wise and would give just about the right steepness too

(1)- Voyage (2)- X2 (3)- Steel Vengeance (4)- Twisted Colossus (5)- Storm Chaser [6]- Fury 325 (7)- Outlaw Run (8)- Maverick (9)- Magnum XL-200 (10)- Monster

Coaster Count: 174

Park Count: 25

#25 Connector1o1

Connector1o1

Basic Engineer

• 1236 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 08:44 PM

I think that the crest needs to be larger like this:
Posted Image
That's just my opinion though! ;) Looking great!

Signature not available 

#26 Kevkillerke

Kevkillerke

Mr. circus

• 1658 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 09:05 AM

I really think you should make the crest bigger. It looks quite disproportionate. But, if you like it, and that's what you're aiming for, then continue, I won't nitpick that much.

The crest is fine as it is IMO, so I'll leave it as it is. I hope you like it now the drop is steeper.

I agree make the crest a bit bigger and then you will have a better shaped drop.

The drop was not steep enough, I think I fixed it now.

crest needs to be bigger to have a better shaped drop

Same as ^

I love the drop! This would be a lot of work, but it will look a lot better if you made the lift less steep as B&M hyper lifts are at a much more shallow angle than what you have.

Thanks, and indeed it was a hell of a work :P

I think the drop looks great! But B&M pullouts seem to begin closer to the ground, noticeably lower than half the height of the coaster. Also, agreed with gvus on the steepness on the drop.

Indeed, I lowered the pull out.

Well looking at the second to bottom photo if you made the crest larger and stick out to the right more it would look better size wise and would give just about the right steepness too

I didn't make it bigger, but thanks for the help.

I think that the crest needs to be larger like this:
Posted Image
That's just my opinion though! ;) Looking great!

Thanks for the picture! That was one option, I took another one thoug.

Another update on the lift/drop.

I have this picture:
Posted Image

It showed me what I had to do, and I did my best.
I made the lift angle less than 45° and started my pull out later.
I also moved the first drop-tube to make it steeper.

Pictures:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Comment please, I want to hear your thoughts :D

Posted Image
Click > Spirit Bomb/Blue Fire!/Double O/Kirnu < Click
SSC award 2014: Best SlimTrack Coaster
Eruption
Posted Image

#27 -=Zach=-

-=Zach=-

How do I tubes?

• 1550 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 09:30 AM

That is beautiful! Perfect shaping, you really nailed it.
Can't wait to see what's next! (eek)

Posted Image

Maverick|MF|Diamondback|Hulk|Banshee|Raptor|The Bat|Mean Streak|The Beast|DD Ice

Diamondback count: 586 Banshee count: 197

[23:45:59] Im gonna take a selfie with you tomorrow and show my mom that you are not a rapist

#28 soggyhotdoggg

soggyhotdoggg

Architect

• 605 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 10:45 AM

You definitely got the drop perfect now, fantastic job!

#29 CartRacer56

CartRacer56

Inversion Enthusiast

• 1031 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 10:56 AM

thats MUCH better please continue

#30 The Stig

The Stig

Some say...

• 4609 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 12:13 PM

Wow. That came out looking incredible! I agree with Zach, you really nailed it ;)

#31 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 02:26 PM

The new drop is gorgeous and the new lift structure looks like it'll look great.

Posted Image

#32 < NCcoaster >

< NCcoaster >

panaino

• 677 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 05:26 PM

I really love this new drop! It is just insane. I can't wait to see the array of elements you will have on something this big. I think that vv hyper coasters keep much better speed than loopers, so I can't wait to see how much length you can get in the layout.

#33 Kevkillerke

Kevkillerke

Mr. circus

• 1658 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 06:24 PM

That is beautiful! Perfect shaping, you really nailed it.
Can't wait to see what's next! (eek)

You will have to wait a little bit longer for that special thing ;)

You definitely got the drop perfect now, fantastic job!

Thanks!

thats MUCH better please continue

Thanks, and I did :P

Wow. That came out looking incredible! I agree with Zach, you really nailed it ;)

Thanks a lot for the picture, it helped a lot!

The new drop is gorgeous and the new lift structure looks like it'll look great.

Thanks, I didn't build the lift further because it doesn't fit in the room :P

I really love this new drop! It is just insane. I can't wait to see the array of elements you will have on something this big. I think that vv hyper coasters keep much better speed than loopers, so I can't wait to see how much length you can get in the layout.

Thanks, and I hope I will maintain speed because I got something special on my mind for this ;)

Thanks for all the comments guys!

Since last update I did some planning, I looked at real hypercoasters and I calculated a realistic height for an airtime hill.
Without the base the top of the lift is 6,3 orange rods tall, and I want to make an airtime hill of 5,5 orange rods tall.
So far it looks like it will make it (did a test run), let's hope it does.

Here are some pictures:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Keep up the commenting :D

Posted Image
Click > Spirit Bomb/Blue Fire!/Double O/Kirnu < Click
SSC award 2014: Best SlimTrack Coaster
Eruption
Posted Image

#34 Cobra Roller

Cobra Roller

I have all six Infinity Stones

• 728 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 07:29 PM

Holy crap that's beautiful. I'm assuming that you'll add more supports as that first airhill is complete. Also, you may want to stretch the pullout a bit more; it feels a bit tight to me. Regardless, this is amazing.

#35 crazyracer

crazyracer

Architect

• 550 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 08:10 PM

I haven`t commented much on this tread I`m glad I did now everything looks good, except what I would do for the bottom of the dive before it comes up is make the air hill hill before the crest not so steep and it should go a lot faster and higher cause if you have you bottom t tight and the hill to steep it can change your speed completely. I do see this being a great coaster though and good luck on the 5.5 height very unrealistic but if it`s possible that would be incredible for a vv coaster.

K`nex always for life ;)

#36 JayketheKid

JayketheKid

A.K.A J-Coasters

• 953 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 08:49 PM

It's kind of a small pull in but it's not too small. I think it's a little to steep. Just make it a smudge less steep and it will be better. This is is a beauty so far

(1)- Voyage (2)- X2 (3)- Steel Vengeance (4)- Twisted Colossus (5)- Storm Chaser [6]- Fury 325 (7)- Outlaw Run (8)- Maverick (9)- Magnum XL-200 (10)- Monster

Coaster Count: 174

Park Count: 25

#37 Gvus

Gvus

Just ride

• 1595 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 09:06 PM

Looks nice, but I believe that the pullin is a tad bit too steep, just fix that and it will be great!

#38 Connector1o1

Connector1o1

Basic Engineer

• 1236 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 10:30 PM

I agree with making the pullout bigger, I think it could save you some precious speed! I think it looks fine the way it is, I really like where this coaster is going! :)

Signature not available 

#39 -=Zach=-

-=Zach=-

How do I tubes?

• 1550 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 10:59 PM

I tried to get something that looked okay, here's what I got:
Posted Image
If you follow the edge of the black oval shape, and it should look a lot better. Very smooth shaping. :)

Posted Image

Maverick|MF|Diamondback|Hulk|Banshee|Raptor|The Bat|Mean Streak|The Beast|DD Ice

Diamondback count: 586 Banshee count: 197

[23:45:59] Im gonna take a selfie with you tomorrow and show my mom that you are not a rapist

#40 +Timmeh+

+Timmeh+

ranting somewhere about something

• 890 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 01:05 AM

I think that the pull out for the drop should end at about the 7th box from the end, as illistrated above ^

Sic Parvis Magna
TimmehTheAmazing

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: eruption, hyper coaster, kevkillerke, micro