eruption hyper coaster kevkillerke micro

• Please log in to reply
180 replies to this topic

#41 ZachCreate

ZachCreate

i am very exciting...

• 343 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 09:15 AM

I WANT TO SEE A TEST RUN!!! :D Looks great.

1. Maverick 2. Millennium Force 3.Top Thrill Dragster 4. Bizarro (Six Flags New England) 5. The Beast 6. X2 7. Full Throttle 8. Banshee 9. Xcelerator 10. Medusa (Six Flags Discovery Kingdom)

Posted Image

#42 Kevkillerke

Kevkillerke

Mr. circus

• 1658 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 09:29 AM

Holy crap that's beautiful. I'm assuming that you'll add more supports as that first airhill is complete. Also, you may want to stretch the pullout a bit more; it feels a bit tight to me. Regardless, this is amazing.

Yes, I added more supports, and I am planning to add a few more (including diagonals). I stretched it out.

I haven`t commented much on this tread I`m glad I did now everything looks good, except what I would do for the bottom of the dive before it comes up is make the air hill hill before the crest not so steep and it should go a lot faster and higher cause if you have you bottom t tight and the hill to steep it can change your speed completely. I do see this being a great coaster though and good luck on the 5.5 height very unrealistic but if it`s possible that would be incredible for a vv coaster.

I know the height will be extremely hard, but I still try to reach it. Thanks for the tips.

It's kind of a small pull in but it's not too small. I think it's a little to steep. Just make it a smudge less steep and it will be better. This is is a beauty so far

I made it better, though it might still be to steep.

Looks nice, but I believe that the pullin is a tad bit too steep, just fix that and it will be great!

I agree with making the pullout bigger, I think it could save you some precious speed! I think it looks fine the way it is, I really like where this coaster is going! :)

It saved a bit speed indeed.

I tried to get something that looked okay, here's what I got:
*picture$
If you follow the edge of the black oval shape, and it should look a lot better. Very smooth shaping. :)

Thanks for another picture :D

I think that the pull out for the drop should end at about the 7th box from the end, as illustrated above ^

I fixed it :)

I WANT TO SEE A TEST RUN!!! :D Looks great.

Oops, didn't saw this post and I already took pictures. I'll add one next time.

Problems :S
So far it doesn't make it, it goes slightly above 5 orange rods. I used a 4 car train and 2 of those are weighted.
I will straighten the drop and add diagonals to the high tubes. Maybe this will help me get a bit more speed (and then I can try 5 cars or 3 weighted).
Do you guys know something to gain more speed? I heard pledge might be the solution, correct?

as for the update:
I think I fixed the pull in of the airtime hill, is the steepness ok?
Pictures:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Comment please

EDIT:
what do you guys think of this?
Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Kevkillerke, 24 May 2014 - 10:36 AM.

Posted Image
Click > Spirit Bomb/Blue Fire!/Double O/Kirnu < Click
SSC award 2014: Best SlimTrack Coaster
Eruption
Posted Image

#43 Gvus

Gvus

Just ride

• 1595 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 09:39 AM

The steepness looks much better!
As for the speed, DO NOT USE PLEDGE!!! Pledge is a fine temorary fix (use it to clean the track), but if you do not get all of it off the track and it gets on the wheels, your train will lose a lot of speed after a few days. I ussually just weight the cars in the middle of the train, and sometimes the front, and clean the track with a wet towel. Also, looks for straight spots! These will kill your speed.

#44 CowmanBearPig

CowmanBearPig

In The begining....

• 533 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 09:47 AM

^ that's a very common misconception. I use a furniture polish, not pledge. However, it does not drain my speed at all. I'm not condoning the use of pledge, I'm just trying to say its ok to experiment.

As for the coaster, it looks fantastic, I can't wait to see what you do with the layout.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Current Project

Launched Coaster

#45 Connector1o1

Connector1o1

Basic Engineer

• 1236 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 10:19 AM

Don't oil(Pledge, furniture polish or anything else.) your carts at all, I suggested that for Noah Smith(wyomingman) and his carts went very slow after a lot of use. SS carts are made differently then VV, so oiling doesn't work the same. I tried lubing the axles, but it didn't work. I have also tried lubing the track, but it made it even worse. However if you do experiment, and you find a way to make it work, I would love to hear it! :) The pullout looks a lot better, and I love that logo! ;)
Edit: I like the volcano logo better! :)

Edited by Connector1o1, 24 May 2014 - 03:35 PM.

Signature not available 

#46 timtimlaz

timtimlaz

Please call me Tim....

• 1516 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 10:39 AM

Don't mess with the drop at all, it is as beautiful as can be. B&M don't have straight drops, it's not their thing. Looks very nice so far and I can't wait to see what you have planned next!

#47 soggyhotdoggg

soggyhotdoggg

Architect

• 605 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 10:50 AM

From personal experience: starting from the second tallest drop support to the currently second tallest hill support, basically the start drop pullout to the end of the hill pull in, though what supports it might seem to not shake, you're going to need some diagonals with those just straight up single tube supports if you would like some more speed. Just make sure you keep the shape of the drop since it's perfect. But also, you can leave the supports in the valley where the track is like an inch from your base and supported by the small connections. I'm not trying to come off as harsh at all, I just would hate to see this beautiful coaster so far to cancel from the crazy VV speed loss:)

#48 The Stig

The Stig

Some say...

• 4609 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 01:39 PM

I use Pledge only for cleaning track. It is not a lubrication method. I don't know how that rumor got started but it's misguiding.
I use a small amount of Pledge on the rails, and wipe it all off again to keep them clean. I do this every time I start a new coaster.
That is all. Don't put the stuff in your wheels or anything.

I've experimented with both graphite and oil. Both made the cars worse. I've since given up on lube all together and made a tutorial on how to clean your cars after a failed lube attempt. http://www.sscoaster...ng-guide-15996/

There is, however, one thing I've discovered that did improve my cars' performance. Weight! Add weight to your cars. Personally, I use clay.
Try different weights in different positions. Every train is different and will work better with different weight configurations.
When you get the right combination, you'll see the results. Hope this helps.

Edited by The Stig, 25 May 2014 - 01:42 PM.

#49 JayketheKid

JayketheKid

A.K.A J-Coasters

• 953 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 05:15 PM

That looks better, kind of a bit rough, also still might be a bit to steep. Looking great too

(1)- Voyage (2)- X2 (3)- Steel Vengeance (4)- Twisted Colossus (5)- Storm Chaser [6]- Fury 325 (7)- Outlaw Run (8)- Maverick (9)- Magnum XL-200 (10)- Monster

Coaster Count: 174

Park Count: 25

#50 Kevkillerke

Kevkillerke

Mr. circus

• 1658 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 04:23 PM

The steepness looks much better!
As for the speed, DO NOT USE PLEDGE!!! Pledge is a fine temorary fix (use it to clean the track), but if you do not get all of it off the track and it gets on the wheels, your train will lose a lot of speed after a few days. I ussually just weight the cars in the middle of the train, and sometimes the front, and clean the track with a wet towel. Also, looks for straight spots! These will kill your speed.

For the moment, I didn't used oil/pledge. I used even more weight and it makes it now.

^ that's a very common misconception. I use a furniture polish, not pledge. However, it does not drain my speed at all. I'm not condoning the use of pledge, I'm just trying to say its ok to experiment.

As for the coaster, it looks fantastic, I can't wait to see what you do with the layout.

Thanks :) the lay-out isn't finished in my head, but the 2 next elements are :)

Don't oil(Pledge, furniture polish or anything else.) your carts at all, I suggested that for Noah Smith(wyomingman) and his carts went very slow after a lot of use. SS carts are made differently then VV, so oiling doesn't work the same. I tried lubing the axles, but it didn't work. I have also tried lubing the track, but it made it even worse. However if you do experiment, and you find a way to make it work, I would love to hear it! :) The pullout looks a lot better, and I love that logo! ;)
Edit: I like the volcano logo better! :)

Okey, thanks a lot. And I will take the volcano logo.

Don't mess with the drop at all, it is as beautiful as can be. B&M don't have straight drops, it's not their thing. Looks very nice so far and I can't wait to see what you have planned next!

Okidoki, the next element will be hard to shape, so it might take a while.

From personal experience: starting from the second tallest drop support to the currently second tallest hill support, basically the start drop pullout to the end of the hill pull in, though what supports it might seem to not shake, you're going to need some diagonals with those just straight up single tube supports if you would like some more speed. Just make sure you keep the shape of the drop since it's perfect. But also, you can leave the supports in the valley where the track is like an inch from your base and supported by the small connections. I'm not trying to come off as harsh at all, I just would hate to see this beautiful coaster so far to cancel from the crazy VV speed loss:)

No worries, I won't cancel this one ;)

I use Pledge only for cleaning track. It is not a lubrication method. I don't know how that rumor got started but it's misguiding.
I use a small amount of Pledge on the rails, and wipe it all off again to keep them clean. I do this every time I start a new coaster.
That is all. Don't put the stuff in your wheels or anything.

I've experimented with both graphite and oil. Both made the cars worse. I've since given up on lube all together and made a tutorial on how to clean your cars after a failed lube attempt. http://www.sscoaster...ng-guide-15996/

There is, however, one thing I've discovered that did improve my cars' performance. Weight! Add weight to your cars. Personally, I use clay.
Try different weights in different positions. Every train is different and will work better with different weight configurations.
When you get the right combination, you'll see the results. Hope this helps.

I followed that tuto, but my wheels deformed so I stopped after one. I cleaned my track, weighted my cars and it is fine now.

That looks better, kind of a bit rough, also still might be a bit to steep. Looking great too

I made it a bit less steep, and I think it is good now.

Update time!

I worked a bit on the supports, and of course on that airtime hill.
The shaping is not good enough for the moment, but I will work on that when I move the coaster to another space.

Pictures:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
^ that last lift supports looks like Shambhala now

Comments are appreciated :)

Edited by Kevkillerke, 26 May 2014 - 04:44 PM.

Posted Image
Eruption
Posted Image

#51 CartRacer56

CartRacer56

Inversion Enthusiast

• 1031 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 07:33 PM

:o looks beautiful! will it fix tho?

#52 JayketheKid

JayketheKid

A.K.A J-Coasters

• 953 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 08:44 PM

What you need to do is this. At the third to last support start making the crest of the air hill, no steeper. Slowly make the crest smaller until the top and make it somewhat sharp. The repeat in reverse for going back down. That should help some shaping. This is looking very good by the way

(1)- Voyage (2)- X2 (3)- Steel Vengeance (4)- Twisted Colossus (5)- Storm Chaser [6]- Fury 325 (7)- Outlaw Run (8)- Maverick (9)- Magnum XL-200 (10)- Monster

#53 -=Zach=-

-=Zach=-

How do I tubes?

• 1550 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 09:13 PM

Looks excellent. You really like Shambhala, don't you? :)

Posted Image

Maverick|MF|Diamondback|Hulk|Banshee|Raptor|The Bat|Mean Streak|The Beast|DD Ice

Diamondback count: 586 Banshee count: 197

[23:45:59] Im gonna take a selfie with you tomorrow and show my mom that you are not a rapist

#54 Gvus

Gvus

Just ride

• 1595 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 09:23 PM

Looks so sexy! What is coming next, an overbank of some sort?

#55 The Stig

The Stig

Some say...

• 4609 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 11:57 AM

The crest needs to be a little more parabolic. The supports look amazing. If it's making it over that hill now, it doesn't look like it's losing a terrible amount of speed.

Edited by The Stig, 27 May 2014 - 12:12 PM.

#56 Kevkillerke

Kevkillerke

Mr. circus

• 1658 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 05:26 PM

:o looks beautiful! will it fix tho?

Thanks, what do you mean with will it fix tho?

What you need to do is this. At the third to last support start making the crest of the air hill, no steeper. Slowly make the crest smaller until the top and make it somewhat sharp. The repeat in reverse for going back down. That should help some shaping. This is looking very good by the way

Thanks, I redid some shaping, hope it is good now.

Looks excellent. You really like Shambhala, don't you? :)

Thanks, and yeah duhu :P

Looks so sexy! What is coming next, an overbank of some sort?

I wouldn't call it an overbank. actually I don't know if it has a name :P

The crest needs to be a little more parabolic. The supports look amazing. If it's making it over that hill now, it doesn't look like it's losing a terrible amount of speed.

I made it more parabolic, I hope it is good now. And indeed, I'm happy with my speed for now.

This will be the last update on that hill.
I think it is ok now :)

Pictures:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Eruption
Posted Image

#57 Yannick

Yannick

Colossos Forever

• 614 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 05:31 PM

You nailed it out like already on the lift !
The airtime hill looks great in my opinion!I can't find anything wrong.

Posted Image

Coaster Count: 84

Check out My new Eurofighter

1- Colossos 2- Tatsu 3- Formula Rossa 4- Kraken 5- BlueFire 6- Hulk 7- Dragon Challenge 8- X2 9- Scream(SFMM) 10- Krake

#58 < NCcoaster >

< NCcoaster >

panaino

• 677 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 09:38 PM

It looks really nice but there is one sharp spot at the second of the largest supports, you can just push it to fix it. I think you will have less height loss in the next element, I hope I'm right.

#59 JayketheKid

JayketheKid

A.K.A J-Coasters

• 953 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 09:47 PM

Looks much better, but if you want to perfect it, just make the top sharpe than the rest. But what you have now is fine. Looking great

EDIT: could we get a test video of it to see how fast it goes over

#60 RidesByDaan

RidesByDaan

Entry Engineer

• 704 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 06:16 AM

Looks great!
You might want to make the crest a bit longer? But thats not really needed.

Awesome job you've done so far!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: eruption, hyper coaster, kevkillerke, micro