coaster dynamix

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#21 Old_Hag

Old_Hag

Lead Engineer

• 2205 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 04:07 PM

This looks awesome! What kind of layout do you have planned?

#22 CCreator12

CCreator12

(CoasterCreator12)

• 325 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 08:56 PM

i dont like the swaying on that, maybe some thiner laterals?

Every post is a love letter to a forum once full of innovation

#23 Micronex

Micronex

Another piece for my collection

• 1270 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 01:57 AM

This looks awesome! What kind of layout do you have planned?

Hmm... I think I'm ready to reveal.
Very Intaminish layout, with a Norwegian Loop somewhere, and a couple of good pops of airtime.

i dont like the swaying on that, maybe some thiner laterals?

I might use very stretched bungee cord for that, since even a four rod tube each side would eat up a LOT of greys, and I only have about 300 left, so I'm not definite on laterals yet. Maybe even one doing from the blue tube at the top down to some base a bit nearer the launch?

More comments and opinions would really be appreciated.

#24 Turtle Man 24

Turtle Man 24

I Lost The Game

• 1198 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 02:07 AM

Yeah, the only thing I dpn't like is the swaying....I don't care if you have to use a bungee cord, do it if you have to so it won't lose as much speed. Other than that, I love it!.

turtleman24.png
http://www.coasterco.../#Turtle Man 24

[Turtle Man 24] 1:34 am: Thou shall know not of meaness of Mean Streak, so thou must talk not of it

#25 Micronex

Micronex

• 1270 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 05:17 AM

Okay guys, I bear bad news, good news, and great news.

Bad news first, I haven't got enough greys or ladders to finish the layout, and even if I switch to greens I will run out of ladders by the start of the third inversion.

Good news though, my mum has agreed to take some money from my savings, so I can buy 500 grey rods (£70), 800 ladders (£30) and 100 standard-micro clips (unless someone is willing to trade a few for crossties, not guaranteed).

And the great news? I'm in contact with a local Royal British Legion branch and I might be able to advertise my building, with a slim chance of displaying Taipan. I also want to contact a London newspaper, but this isn't confirmed yet.

Since this is just a verbal, I should cover the coaster itself more. I'm at the first twist of a Norwegian Loop, and it looks awesome. The finished loop will be about 4ft 6in at this rate, hopefully the shortness will allow for almost equal sides. Afterwards, I want to do a Cobra Roll with a wraparound Zero-G of some sort, then a series of buckles, corkscrews, and a heartline roll to the brakes. If (IF) speed is kind to me, you might get a 10 inversion layout, but only bank on seeing maybe 6 or 7. Bear in mind 4'6'' is still higher than Firefly's lift, and I pulled off 6 with that.

#26 Turtle Man 24

Turtle Man 24

I Lost The Game

• 1198 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 01:39 PM

Sounds great! Hope they will advertise your building!

turtleman24.png
http://www.coasterco.../#Turtle Man 24

[Turtle Man 24] 1:34 am: Thou shall know not of meaness of Mean Streak, so thou must talk not of it

#27 Guest_321_*

Guest_321_*

Posted 22 July 2012 - 05:01 PM

I agree. Hope this works out good for you! :D
Also I can't wait to see those ten inversions. :D

#28 Dragon

Dragon

ROAR!

• 1481 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 05:12 PM

well, the launch looks, very smooth, the support connections are very strong. But the only thing i dis-like was the shaking when the train hit the top of the top-hat. I hope you can get the grey rods to you finish this. I also loved the idea of the Nowerigan loop, wil make a great incrise for it :)

50 words ;)

#29 Britfag

Britfag

Everybody's Russian!

• 3818 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:07 AM

well, the launch looks, very smooth, the support connections are very strong. But the only thing i dis-like was the shaking when the train hit the top of the top-hat. I hope you can get the grey rods to you finish this. I also loved the idea of the Nowerigan loop, wil make a great incrise for it :)

50 words ;)

This, pretty much..
I hope you get / got those connectors, I really like this ride..
and if not, why not just make a smaller sized Taipan?
make everything a foot shorter?

#30 Micronex

Micronex

• 1270 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 02:25 PM

This, pretty much..
I hope you get / got those connectors, I really like this ride..
and if not, why not just make a smaller sized Taipan?
make everything a foot shorter?

Good news.

50 words ;)

Haha, I think I can get a few...

I agree. Hope this works out good for you! :D
Also I can't wait to see those ten inversions. :D

You'll see one in this update.

Sounds great! Hope they will advertise your building!

Me too, it'll only be a small crowd, but hey, I'd love it ^_^

So I've looked into prices, and for 400 grey rods it's £56, and 700 ladders is £70. I'm going to buy these, but I'm going to try to negotiate with the eBay seller (if I can get those for £110 it'd be great).

Anyways, here's the start of a Norwegian Loop. Micro builders will understand that you can't get a good heartline without curved track, or the end veering left or right, so I had to do the majority of my heartline in a straight line. I was really interested in trying to make a heartline work, and I'm happy with this shaping.

Posted Image

Psst. Can you see it?

Posted Image

You definitely can now!

Posted Image

And here's a fun one for good measure.

Posted Image

You guessed it, once I get pieces, an Immelmann is coming up next ^_^

#31 Maxwell58

Maxwell58

French Horn is life.

• 1765 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 02:58 PM

Dang! This is great! Are you going to have enough space for this even if it's outside?

​I didn't choose the band life, the band life chose me.

#32 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 03:44 PM

That is spectacular! I like the launch, it;'s very smooth.

1- Time Traveler 2- Magnum XL-200 3- The Voyage 4- Velocicoaster 5-Iron Gwazi 6- Phantom's Revenge 7- The Beast 8- The Legend 9- Tiested Timbers 10- Steel Vengeance 

Follow me on Instagram @coastergeek987
Credit Count: 305

#33 Micronex

Micronex

• 1270 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 08:16 AM

Dang! This is great! Are you going to have enough space for this even if it's outside?

With the layout I want to try, I might not need to go outside ;)

That is spectacular! I like the launch, it;'s very smooth.

Haha, thanks, it's not perfect, I need a few micro y-clips to remove some bumps, which I can do by the next update.

Two things: firstly I have decided upon a layout

Posted Image

Secondly:

I'll add the cords soon.

#34 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 09:36 AM

I would be mad, haha. I only counted 8 inversions. The norwegian loop looks great but is it possible to make the heartlining better? I haven't made a VV coaster in a long time, but I know for a fact you can do a in-line twist on those. Great job on this so far! Well, see you in 4 hours! :)
Edit: For a second there, I thought you said 56 grey rods was E.400 that would be expensive.
Edit 2: Treeko, I only counted 49 words...

I'm not done building yet. 

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#35 Treeko890coastr

Treeko890coastr

Dark Explorers!

• 879 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 10:13 AM

Well You already told me that you pulled it back to far:P i cant see the top of the Nor Loop in the video. The shaping looks relativly good, and I really like the layout it make me head spin.:P Cant wait to see the final product of this!

There have your 50 words:P

I am a stegosaurus!
Signature removed as it was larger than limit.
My coasters:
Jaws,Overheat,Mine Train

#36 Guest_321_*

Guest_321_*

Posted 25 July 2012 - 10:15 PM

Tophats a little shaky but no biggie. Awesome layout,can't wait to see the rest of the loop! :D

#37 CCreator12

CCreator12

(CoasterCreator12)

• 325 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 10:45 PM

You could try chain for the laterals?

Every post is a love letter to a forum once full of innovation

#38 The Stig

The Stig

Some say...

• 4609 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 01:02 AM

That's about as close as you can get without curves.
Sweet layout. No worries, nothing like mine.

#39 Micronex

Micronex

• 1270 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 06:46 AM

That's about as close as you can get without curves.
Sweet layout. No worries, nothing like mine.

Cheers Stiggy, what was your layout? ^_^

You could try chain for the laterals?

I'm gonna bungee cord it all.

Tophats a little shaky but no biggie. Awesome layout,can't wait to see the rest of the loop! :D

As soon as I have pieces, which unfortunately I can't get until the end of the week, meaning proper construction will resume around mid-next week.

Well You already told me that you pulled it back to far:P i cant see the top of the Nor Loop in the video. The shaping looks relativly good, and I really like the layout it make me head spin.:P Cant wait to see the final product of this!

There have your 50 words:P

-takes words- And thanks, I can always cut out some corks if I need speed.

I would be mad, haha. I only counted 8 inversions. The norwegian loop looks great but is it possible to make the heartlining better? I haven't made a VV coaster in a long time, but I know for a fact you can do a in-line twist on those. Great job on this so far! Well, see you in 4 hours! :)
Edit: For a second there, I thought you said 56 grey rods was E.400 that would be expensive.
Edit 2: Treeko, I only counted 49 words...

Yes, there is only eight. Better safe than sorry. And an in-line twist is the opposite of what I want.

---

I'm doing a bit of work on the station while I wait for pieces to come.

#40 The Stig

The Stig

Some say...

• 4609 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 09:25 AM

Cheers Stiggy, what was your layout? ^_^

Last time I sat and doodled something, it looked a lot like this.

Posted Image

... And might I add: I love your launch.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: coaster dynamix