Vulture K'nex Coaster (New Way to the Top Competition)

coaster dynamix hyper coaster

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

Poll: Should I make a launch instead or should I make a spiral lift.

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

Should I make a launch instead or should I make a spiral lift.

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 timtimlaz

timtimlaz

Please call me Tim....

• 1516 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:45 PM

Here is my new project Vulture. Its inspired my I305 and Skyrush. It will have High speed turns, buckles, air time hills, and lots more. I am running out of pieces so building may be slow until i get some more. Here are some pics and a video.
Yes I know the video isn't good, it's my second time using Window movie maker.
http://s1188.beta.photobucket.com/user/timonator1/media/Vulture_zpsa85d7c35.mp4.html
Pictures:
I know there's a bump, so don't comment about it.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
A cool picture IMO.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Another cool picture with my lights.
Posted Image
Without the lights.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Please comment! (thumbsup)

Edited by timtimlaz, 07 August 2013 - 06:40 PM.

#2 Helmut

Helmut

Das Beste oder Nichts

• 3012 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:49 PM

The turn and drop look good, but the transition from drop to turn looks a little bumpy, you might want to fix that so save speed. The pre-drop is original for this type of coaster and I can't wait to what you will build next.

Posted Image

#3 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:56 PM

I don't see anything wrong with the drop itself, just fix what Helmut was talking about. Looks really good so far.
Edit: Could you take an aerial view of the curve? It's hard to tell if there's something wrong with it.

I'm not done building yet. 

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#4 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:16 PM

The turn and transition do look like they were made on RCT3 but in a good way. It's consistent and smooth but ^ and ^^ I think that bump is the one he knows about. I might consider banking the turn a bit more but that could be awkward to support. It looks pretty good the way it is.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#5 timtimlaz

timtimlaz

Please call me Tim....

• 1516 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:54 PM

^^^,^^, and ^

This better?
Posted Image
Posted Image

Added some more supports.
Posted Image

My storage space for right now.
Posted Image

Aaaannndddd a video. I WILL LUBE THE CARTS SOON! yay
http://s1188.beta.photobucket.com/user/timonator1/media/SDC10108_zps55fb8368.mp4.html

#6 timtimlaz

timtimlaz

Please call me Tim....

• 1516 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:17 PM

I know its a double post but no one felt like comment on my thread. :(
Anyways I am thinking of making this into a looper cause personally like them better and it might be easier to build(for me). So can you please help me choose on what I should do and other suggestions/ideas. Thanks! :) (thumbsup)

#7 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:28 PM

I think you should keep on going with what you're doing. It's always nice to challenge yourself and do something different. I quite like the turn at the start anyway.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

Tyndrum

#8 timtimlaz

timtimlaz

Please call me Tim....

• 1516 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:36 PM

Alright so I took the turn down and I am going to make it a overbanked turn. Here are some pics of what I have now.
Before
Posted Image
After. Don't mind Napoleon Dynamite :P
Posted Image
Some of the track
Posted Image
Beginning of drop
Posted Image
Whole drop
Posted Image
Thanks for looking! Please comment, Be HARSH! (thumbsup)

Edited by timtimlaz, 22 February 2013 - 05:39 PM.

#9 Micro Mike 21

Micro Mike 21

U know......

• 604 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:40 PM

Looks nice! I like that ferris wheel also, good addition to the ride, I like the idea of an overbank though, I hope you can make it good!

#10 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:47 PM

I like how everything looks so far and can't see any problems with shaping. I don't fully get how the track is staying up? Is the tubing like taped to something? (I'm talking about the 3rd picture from the bottom)

I'm not done building yet. 

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#11 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:22 PM

It actually looks pretty smooth and well constructed to me. The beginning of the overbank is very nicely done. I'm guessing you're still using the nice red cars from the original because they worked very well.

Tyndrum

#12 mitch

mitch

i hate hybrid coasters

• 113 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:08 PM

you don't have enough speed for a hyper or even keep on going in my opionion

#13 iCoaster44

iCoaster44

French K'nexpert

• 383 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:35 AM

Use grey rods, they'll shape the track instantly ;)

#14 TEDDSTER

TEDDSTER

Polar Bear

• 267 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:20 AM

Now, when i see yours, mine look terrible. :(

#15 timtimlaz

timtimlaz

Please call me Tim....

• 1516 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 11:17 AM

Looks nice! I like that ferris wheel also, good addition to the ride, I like the idea of an overbank though, I hope you can make it good!

Thanks! I will try.

I like how everything looks so far and can't see any problems with shaping. I don't fully get how the track is staying up? Is the tubing like taped to something? (I'm talking about the 3rd picture from the bottom)

Thanks! I will show you in the next update, hopefully later today! :)

It actually looks pretty smooth and well constructed to me. The beginning of the overbank is very nicely done. I'm guessing you're still using the nice red cars from the original because they worked very well.

Thanks I've been trying to make it as smooth as possible! Do you mean that as a joke(the second sentence)? And yes I will be using the red cars because it's the only one that is lubed, weighed, and looks nice.

you don't have enough speed for a hyper or even keep on going in my opionion

Uhh I find that very discouraging, but I am still going to build it. You don't need a certain amount of speed to make it a certain kind of coaster. You can make what you want to make, how you want to make it.

Use grey rods, they'll shape the track instantly ;)

When I tried the grey rods it just made the track horribly shaped and it made lots of straight spots.

Now, when i see yours, mine look terrible. :(

That's what I used to say when I first came here, Now look at mine. The longer you stay here and listen to the comments and suggestions it will look as good as mine or even better!

I hope to have a update later today! So stay tuned! :P

EDIT: How do you take the poll down because it won't let me. Please help me.

Edited by timtimlaz, 25 March 2013 - 05:08 PM.

#16 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:00 PM

Do you mean that as a joke(the second sentence)?

No. When I said the beginning of the overbank I rather meant the entry which you've done but either way, I still think it's well shaped.

Tyndrum

#17 timtimlaz

timtimlaz

Please call me Tim....

• 1516 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 03:43 PM

No. When I said the beginning of the overbank I rather meant the entry which you've done but either way, I still think it's well shaped.

Oh ok then.

Well when I was building the overbank yesterday and some today I came up to a problem. How do I build the structure of the overbank? I have the beginning. I mainly added more track to support supports yesterday on the drop and pull out. It may look like I didn't do a lot between the 2 days but I sorta did. I did purchase more knex so I should be building more often. Here are some more pictures.
This is how its held up SCM.
Posted Image
Overviewish picture
Posted Image
Close up and how I sorta want the overbank to go
Posted Image
The structure so far.
Posted Image
A new support thingy inspired by Maxlaams Pinfari/Interpark type supports.
Posted Image

If you know a good reference picture please show me(It needs to be a knex picture). I need help. Thanks for looking. :)

#18 timtimlaz

timtimlaz

Please call me Tim....

• 1516 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:15 PM

Well DP because it happened.

I changed it into a B&M hyper. Now that I got some more knex I've been building more. I finished the first hill and the ture after it. I think it may be to fragile but tell me what you think.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
The fragile turn...
Posted Image
Sorta overview...
Posted Image
The turn overview...
Posted Image
Please comment and be HAPPY. :) (thumbsup)

#19 Micro Mike 21

Micro Mike 21

U know......

• 604 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:17 PM

Looks pretty good to me! :)

#20 Turtle Man 24

Turtle Man 24

I Lost The Game

• 1198 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:21 PM

Not much to comment on right now, but make sure to connect the two side of the hill together on the bottom, example(third pic on my latest Blue Streak recre update where the bottom of the "tunnel" is http://www.sscoaster...html#post377646 )

turtleman24.png
http://www.coasterco.../#Turtle Man 24

[Turtle Man 24] 1:34 am: Thou shall know not of meaness of Mean Streak, so thou must talk not of it

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: coaster dynamix, hyper coaster