a vv apacolypse eurofighter

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#1 maarten12

maarten12

Medium-Gump

• 2917 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 10:38 AM

I'm sure you guys have been waiting for this ;).

Posted Image

:)

Posted Image

#2 TheRandomGuy

TheRandomGuy

Sample Text

• 2058 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 10:41 AM

I'm assuming you're making a spiral lift because of the gear in the middle of the base. I'm very excited for this new coaster Maarten! :)

The signature you have requested is not available at the moment. We apologize for the inconvenience.

#3 iCoaster44

iCoaster44

French K'nexpert

• 383 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 10:55 AM

Spiral lift in coming !
The tubes to the left was the supports of "The Edge" or the new tubes for this coaster

#4 Joost12

Joost12

Knex Freak

• 274 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:04 AM

The tubes to the left was the supports of "The Edge" or the new tubes for this coaster

I'm pretty sure they are from The Edge, because they are way to big for the cube ;)
Looks already cool Maarten! Can't wait for the next update :)

-Joost

#5 Knexrule11

Knexrule11

Sferico's President

• 4456 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:15 AM

Very interesting building the spiral lift in the center of the plot. Should make for a very cool layout.

:ph34r: SSCoasters Moderator :ph34r:
Fear the Bankatana | The SSCoasters Forum Rules

MySSCoasterssig.png
SfericoUserbar-1.png
Maverick|Tatsu|TTD|Fahrenheit|Skyrush|MF|Cheetah Hunt|Storm Runner|SheiKra|Montu
Coaster Count: 102

#6 Witting

Witting

Lead Engineer

• 1077 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 12:41 PM

i think the spiral lift will be the flush because its a toilet/wc coaster

Posted Image
^ thank you CCI

Inversion count: 110
http://www.coastercounter.com/witting

#7 DDRman732865

DDRman732865

Going Back for Master's for some reason

• 5251 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 02:22 PM

Interesting location in respect to the base for the tower, it seems like it may hinder your layout possibilities. But if you have a layout in mind, then I won't complain.

#8 Helmut

Helmut

Das Beste oder Nichts

• 3012 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 03:35 PM

Interesting location in respect to the base for the tower, it seems like it may hinder your layout possibilities. But if you have a layout in mind, then I won't complain.

I haven't even thought of that, but that's a good point. Do you already have a lay-out in mind Maarten? A spiral lift in the corner of the base would make you have more lay-out possibilities than in the centre. I like concept of this coaster a lot, since I haven't seen a spiral lift on SSC lately. (rode them enough though... ;))

Posted Image

#9 maarten12

maarten12

Medium-Gump

• 2917 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 05:52 AM

I'm assuming you're making a spiral lift because of the gear in the middle of the base. I'm very excited for this new coaster Maarten! :)

Yes, there will be a spiral lift :).

Spiral lift in coming !

They were from The Edge.

I'm pretty sure they are from The Edge, because they are way to big for the cube ;)
Looks already cool Maarten! Can't wait for the next update :)

-Joost

Very interesting building the spiral lift in the center of the plot. Should make for a very cool layout.

I hope the layout I have in mind, or at least the element I have in mind, will make up something cool!

i think the spiral lift will be the flush because its a toilet/wc coaster

Haha, not not really ;).

It does indeed hinder layout possibilities, but I have some nice things in mind :).

I haven't even thought of that, but that's a good point. Do you already have a lay-out in mind Maarten? A spiral lift in the corner of the base would make you have more lay-out possibilities than in the centre. I like concept of this coaster a lot, since I haven't seen a spiral lift on SSC lately. (rode them enough though... ;))

Yes, I do have some layout and element ideas.

UPDATE!

I have got most of the spiral lift done, except for adding some flex rods and adding the motors at the bottom.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I chose to make that rod on the car symmetrical, I think it looks better than just sticking out on one of the sides.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#10 -=TK=-

-=TK=-

Building maniacs

• 2753 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 06:05 AM

Does the lift work smooth or not? I really hope so :) Looks great so far!

-=Tk=-

Posted Image

#11 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 06:27 AM

Looking really nice. Making it symmetrical would probably help the balance of the car as well. Interested to see where this goes.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#12 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:32 AM

I like how you made the rod symmetrical because you're right, it does look a lot better. I am just curious to see what kind of layout you do.

Also, I hope the lift moves really smooth and isn't all jerky.

Posted Image

#13 Helmut

Helmut

Das Beste oder Nichts

• 3012 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:50 PM

Looks really neat. I hope it will work really smoothly.

Posted Image

#14 TheRandomGuy

TheRandomGuy

Sample Text

• 2058 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:33 PM

Very nice track work!

The signature you have requested is not available at the moment. We apologize for the inconvenience.

#15 rollercoasterfanatic919

rollercoasterfanatic919

Switch 360!

• 3357 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 03:20 PM

Very nice, it looks really clean. I also like that you have the trains entering and exiting the lift diagonally to the sides of the box. I'm interested to see what layout you have in store!

RCFSIG.png

FF.png

MF | Toro | TTD | Maverick | Ka | Griffon | Nitro | Storm Runner | Skyrush | Phoenix

Coaster Count: 73 | YouTube Channel

#16 maarten12

maarten12

Medium-Gump

• 2917 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 06:45 AM

Does the lift work smooth or not? I really hope so :) Looks great so far!

-=Tk=-

Yes, it works really smooth :).

Looking really nice. Making it symmetrical would probably help the balance of the car as well. Interested to see where this goes.

Thanks!

I like how you made the rod symmetrical because you're right, it does look a lot better. I am just curious to see what kind of layout you do.

Also, I hope the lift moves really smooth and isn't all jerky.

It's always good to hear that you like it :). And yes, the lift is really smooth.

Looks really neat. I hope it will work really smoothly.

Thanks!

Very nice track work!

Lol, thanks :).

Very nice, it looks really clean. I also like that you have the trains entering and exiting the lift diagonally to the sides of the box. I'm interested to see what layout you have in store!

I will release the first part of what I had in mind right now.

UPDATE!

Just two pictures this time.
Posted Image
Side view.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#17 jespercoasters

jespercoasters

Dutch Details Employee

• 1712 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 06:49 AM

I dont see anything wrong liking this very much right now. Espacialy the spiral lift.

Posted Image

#18 -=TK=-

-=TK=-

Building maniacs

• 2753 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 07:59 AM

You might want to try to make the transition from the track coming out of the lift to the twist a bit smoother if that's possible, since I spotted a sharp spot ;)
Great job for the rest, I really like it!

-=Tk=-

Posted Image

#19 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 08:43 AM

That is an awesome start.

Posted Image

#20 TheRandomGuy

TheRandomGuy

Sample Text

• 2058 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 09:03 AM

Like TK said, there's a sharp spot at the beginning of the dive loop. Other than that, it looks amazing!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: a vv, apacolypse, eurofighter