compressed air launch s&s s&s power thrust air 2000

• Please log in to reply
135 replies to this topic

#41 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 11:45 AM

Solid. I hope this will have an insane interlocking section.

Posted Image

#42 TheRandomGuy

TheRandomGuy

Sample Text

• 2058 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 02:18 PM

Considering you have Koloss in storage (correct me if I'm wrong) and a triple dueller in the works, I must have underestimated the amount of pieces you have.

The signature you have requested is not available at the moment. We apologize for the inconvenience.

#43 The Stig

The Stig

Some say...

• 4609 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 08:06 PM

Certainly looks like a wooden coaster to me. What's with the question mark? Exciting, yes. And also intriguing. I get the feeling there is a bigger surprise in store.

Edited by The Stig, 22 September 2013 - 08:09 PM.

#44 Jogumpie

Jogumpie

Living through the great Gump hiatus...

• 13586 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:18 AM

[quote name='Britfag']Hot damn!
I like it :D[/QUOTE]
Thank you! Could did convince you to come over once again? ;)

[quote name='CW5X']So we've had the Ice Age, the stone age (Queens of), the iron age, quickly through the woodie age and into the duelling woodie age. I like this progression.[/QUOTE]
The evolution of K'NEX roller coasters will never stop.

[quote name='roller coaster kid']I like how you did the custom angled lift hill. It gives a much cleaner look.
Looking forward to see more blue rods! :)[/QUOTE]
No worries, more blue rods will be present!

[quote name='Josh monster']:o What!? Do you have a layout for all of them set up? This is going to be crazy, it might even push your piece count to the limit. :P
As for Koloss, do you mean it is no longer up or it is at a different location?[/QUOTE]
No final layouts just yet, but I do have ideas that I want to pursue. I am nowhere close to my piece limit, not even with Koloss in storage. It is time that is the key element.

[quote name='coasterkiller05']Sure..
Build the Longest Knex Rollercoaster ever Awesome!!...
But....
I'ts not enough let's build a Triple Dualing woodie.
Ijm 100% sure you broke into the Kne'x factory and made a tube to your own home, It seems like ur Kne'x parts are a never ending mountin!
LOVE IT![/QUOTE]
I wish I would have a continuous in-flux of K'NEX parts. ;) Nah, so far I am alright piece-wise.

[quote name='FrIeDeGgS']The custom angled lift looks really nice! Are you going to have a crazy duelling layout with some timed interlocking triple loops like in Roller Coaster Tycoon? Just kidding! :P[/QUOTE]
Thank you, it does look great, doesn't it? I prefer not to do any loops or inversions on this woodie.

[quote name='ZachCreate']Is this the first triple dueling coaster! If so... Hip Hip, Hooray! First of it's Kind! :D:D:D[/QUOTE]
[quote name='KBP2000']^no...[/QUOTE]
I don't believe I have seen any other triple K'NEX coaster other than this one. Being first with anything is a rather bold statement to make, as you don't know what has been built before by others around the world. Not everyone is on SSC and K'NEX coaster construction exists already for more than a decade.

[quote name='Jumpge']Solid. I hope this will have an insane interlocking section.[/QUOTE]
I do have a couple of train interaction spots planned. It's all about timing, if I want to get them to work.

[quote name='TheRandomGuy']Considering you have Koloss in storage (correct me if I'm wrong) and a triple dueller in the works, I must have underestimated the amount of pieces you have.[/QUOTE]
http://www.sscoaster...html#post368262
Yes, I have Koloss in storage. Tornado, the smaller K'NEX coaster that was featured on TV, is also in storage.

[quote name='The Stig']Certainly looks like a wooden coaster to me. What's with the question mark? Exciting, yes. And also intriguing. I get the feeling there is a bigger surprise in store.[/QUOTE]
The question mark... it is there to mess with your mind. ;) And yes, I do have a bigger surprise in store, but that will have to wait.

So far you have only seen a lift, which usually isn't that spectacular. The following might be of more excitement to you.

Posted Image
Let's start with disconnecting the bulk of the lift, as it is not really necessary for testing purposes.

Posted Image
From the lift, the three tracks make a 90 degree turn to the left, where the first drop will be present in a future update.

Posted Image
To make up for the larger distances the outer trains have to cover, I have lowered their track heights, increasing the average velocity. Therefore all three trains can go down the first drop simultaneously.

Posted Image
What's with the use of neat blue rods on one side and the more coarse structure on the other side? These sides will be positioned in a corner and therefore cannot be seen. It seemed like a waste to use precious blue rods on those.

Posted Image
All three tracks start their first drop on the same height. I might make the center first drop a little steeper, but only ever so slightly.

Posted Image
Ready to drop down???

SSCoasters Administrator
The SSCoasters Forum Rules
DD_signature.jpg
YoutubeButton.pngFacebookButton.png

#45 Knexrule11

Knexrule11

Sferico's President

• 4456 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:31 PM

Ready to drop down???

No.

Spoiler

:ph34r: SSCoasters Moderator :ph34r:
Fear the Bankatana | The SSCoasters Forum Rules

MySSCoasterssig.png
SfericoUserbar-1.png
Maverick|Tatsu|TTD|Fahrenheit|Skyrush|MF|Cheetah Hunt|Storm Runner|SheiKra|Montu
Coaster Count: 102

#46 ForgotToGrowUp

ForgotToGrowUp

Lead Engineer

• 1732 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:02 PM

The custom angled lift looks really nice!

Still too steep for a woodie. Come on Gump make that lift longer! You have the pieces.

Comet Recreation still underway.

Proof you never grow up if you keep playing with toys!

#47 Muzz135

Muzz135

What to build.....

• 706 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:11 PM

Yup! ^ is right and plus, you could build a life size knex house and still not make a dent in your parts!

#48 Gvus

Gvus

Just ride

• 1595 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:09 PM

YES IM READY TO DROP DOWN!!! How many peices do you have? This is crazy, Is the god of tubes trying to become the god of woodies?!?!

#49 Jogumpie

Jogumpie

• 13586 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 03:46 AM

No.
Haha, jk. This thing looks so beast! Smart to only use blue rods on visible sides. I can't wait to see this thing in action.

It was a smart choice indeed, but from now on both sides will be visible and the different tracks will go in different directions, using many more blue rods.

Still too steep for a woodie. Come on Gump make that lift longer! You have the pieces.

Hehe, sure Jeff. ;)

Yup! ^ is right and plus, you could build a life size knex house and still not make a dent in your parts!

Easily. ;)

YES IM READY TO DROP DOWN!!! How many peices do you have? This is crazy, Is the god of tubes trying to become the god of woodies?!?!

Around 380,000. ;)

Posted Image
Two tracks will drop down to the left, crossing over in the meantime. One track will drop down to the right.

Posted Image
This is the crossing over of the outer tracks.

Building goes ever so slowly.

SSCoasters Administrator
DD_signature.jpg

#50 -=TK=-

-=TK=-

Building maniacs

• 2753 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 10:04 AM

Maybe the building goes "ever so slowly" but you're creating another crazy coaster! Looks very good for what I can see so far, can't wait to see the finished drops :)

-=Tk=-

Posted Image

#51 ZachCreate

ZachCreate

i am very exciting...

• 343 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:14 PM

Wow! So it isn't cancelled! Yay! This looking awesome and I don't have anything bad to say about it! :D

1. Maverick 2. Millennium Force 3.Top Thrill Dragster 4. Bizarro (Six Flags New England) 5. The Beast 6. X2 7. Full Throttle 8. Banshee 9. Xcelerator 10. Medusa (Six Flags Discovery Kingdom)

Posted Image

#52 Jogumpie

Jogumpie

• 13586 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 07:45 AM

This weekend I was able to work on the triple wooden coaster again. One of the first drops is pretty much finished and I did some work on the center track that will turn right during the first drop. As you can see, the headchoppers have already been taken care of. ;)

Posted Image

SSCoasters Administrator
DD_signature.jpg

#53 ZachCreate

ZachCreate

i am very exciting...

• 343 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 09:47 AM

Sweet! You're back with this coaster! Give us more pictures! :D Also, what color is each track going to be?

Edited by ZachCreate, 11 November 2013 - 08:38 PM.

1. Maverick 2. Millennium Force 3.Top Thrill Dragster 4. Bizarro (Six Flags New England) 5. The Beast 6. X2 7. Full Throttle 8. Banshee 9. Xcelerator 10. Medusa (Six Flags Discovery Kingdom)

Posted Image

#54 maarten12

maarten12

Medium-Gump

• 2917 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 11:42 AM

This is already looking astonishing! I can imagine this structure is going to be incredibly impressed when it's finished, just these massive supports with three trains racing through there is going to be amazing :D!

Posted Image

#55 Helmut

Helmut

Das Beste oder Nichts

• 3012 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 01:53 PM

I agree with Maarten, this coaster is going to look very impressive when finished.

Posted Image

#56 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 02:43 PM

So glad I came back on right now to see this. As always it's so impressive to see you build.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#57 alpal

alpal

Lead Engineer

• 1215 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:57 PM

Insanity. Where is the coaster going after this?

Automation is my specialty

If only I had more space/pieces/time.

#58 -=TK=-

-=TK=-

Building maniacs

• 2753 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 05:02 PM

Can you ever act normal? Every time I think you started a regular sized coaster, something like oh I added another 5 feet, or hmm I added 2 extra lifts+4 feet of heigt... Still awesome as always!

-=tK=-

Posted Image

#59 Britfag

Britfag

Everybody's Russian!

• 3818 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 06:57 PM

I might have to come over.. that looks.. FREAKING AMAZING.

How about I just look after your cans till then? :P

Kidding.

But it looks awesome!!!

Try to get a quadruple or pentuple crossover ;)

EDIT: Heck, why not a sextuple!? all tracks over the same spot twice!

#60 DutchKnexBuilder's

DutchKnexBuilder's

Dutch Builder

• PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 03:09 PM

I want a new update on this coaster!!!!! It's Freakin AMAZING

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: compressed air, launch, s&s, s&s power, thrust air 2000