buying knex coasters knex coaster sets

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#1 The Stig

The Stig

Some say...

• 4609 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 04:34 PM

Hi guys. This is a new project I started this week. This is the first model that I won't be building solo. This is The Stigette's first ever K'nex coaster and I'm going to be helping her along the way. Here is the result of week 1:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 -=Zach=-

-=Zach=-

How do I tubes?

• 1550 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 04:45 PM

"The Stigette" I love it.
Everything looks really good right now. Fantastic for a newbie.

Posted Image

Maverick|MF|Diamondback|Hulk|Banshee|Raptor|The Bat|Mean Streak|The Beast|DD Ice

Diamondback count: 586 Banshee count: 197

[23:45:59] Im gonna take a selfie with you tomorrow and show my mom that you are not a rapist

#3 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 05:58 PM

Who doesn't want a coaster named after a pirate cat? Apart from the middle of the loopy thingy just being slightly too low, it looks very nice. Are you just inputting little tips or are you doing most of the work? Basically, define "helping".

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#4 Gvus

Gvus

Just ride

• 1595 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 08:43 PM

Wow...does the "Stigette" have any little siblings or cousins?

#5 timtimlaz

timtimlaz

Please call me Tim....

• 1516 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 10:45 PM

The transition is bumpy but it can be fixed. It's "Ok."

#6 iggfish123

iggfish123

0+0=0

• 1158 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 11:37 PM

No idea what you plan to do with this, but it's looking friggin sweet. Love it.

FF.png
http://www.youtube.com/user/IggFish123

Nothing turns a girl on more than telling them you are in a company on K'nex website 

#7 The Stigette

The Stigette

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 09:13 AM

Hi, everyone. This is my first time making a K'nex model, and I'm having a great time doing it.

Who doesn't want a coaster named after a pirate cat? Apart from the middle of the loopy thingy just being slightly too low, it looks very nice. Are you just inputting little tips or are you doing most of the work? Basically, define "helping".

Me-arg, matey! To define helping, he's telling me where to put things and why they go there. And he's building onto it too.

Wow...does the "Stigette" have any little siblings or cousins?

Heh, sorry, I'm an only child.

#8 Helmut

Helmut

Das Beste oder Nichts

• 3012 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 02:37 PM

The bottom of the pull-out looks a bit sharp. I guess this is a Norwegian Loop. Good to see you working on a project again!

Posted Image

#9 crazyracer

crazyracer

Architect

• 550 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 03:55 PM

Wow great job on this.

K`nex always for life ;)

#10 IonZer0

IonZer0

Wow, we can make these statuses really long now.

• 859 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 06:15 PM

Is Stigette the only female active right now?

Anyway, looks good ;)

Posted Image

TOP 10

1. I305 2. Fury325 3. Skyrush 4. Manta 5. Thunderhead 6. Stormrunner 7. Wildcat 8. Fahrenheit 9. Intimidator 10. Wild Eagle

I305 Count: 11

#11 Cobra Roller

Cobra Roller

I have all six Infinity Stones

• 728 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 07:46 PM

Looks pretty epic. You've got a slightly sharp spot at the bottom, but that's an easy fix.

#12 JayketheKid

JayketheKid

A.K.A J-Coasters

• 953 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 08:15 PM

Looks great and honestly I have never been intimidated by an element on a knex coaster. That is just wow.

(1)- Voyage (2)- X2 (3)- Steel Vengeance (4)- Twisted Colossus (5)- Storm Chaser [6]- Fury 325 (7)- Outlaw Run (8)- Maverick (9)- Magnum XL-200 (10)- Monster

Coaster Count: 174

Park Count: 25

#13 CowmanBearPig

CowmanBearPig

In The begining....

• 533 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 07:54 PM

You're gonna need a ton of speed to make that. It looks lovely though!

Edit: it took me until now to realize that your female friend was building this....

Edited by CowmanBearPig, 03 April 2014 - 04:38 PM.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Current Project

Launched Coaster

#14 Turtle Man 24

Turtle Man 24

I Lost The Game

• 1198 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 08:05 PM

Looking pretty good for a new member on here. At least you got a good guy helping ya build it. He knows his shaping and stuff. Now, is this going to have a launch or lift? If I had to guess, i'm guessing it's going to be a lift. Also, is this a Norwegian loop ya'll are makin'?

turtleman24.png
http://www.coasterco.../#Turtle Man 24

[Turtle Man 24] 1:34 am: Thou shall know not of meaness of Mean Streak, so thou must talk not of it

#15 crazyracer

crazyracer

Architect

• 550 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 07:25 PM

I agree you will need like a rocket ship to get it through that.. hhaha Just kidding looks great and tell your friend she`ll be a master with your help I really wish I had someone like you to help me build coasters cause I still can`t figure out how to make goos spines on VV Coasters and maintain the right speed.

K`nex always for life ;)

#16 The Stigette

The Stigette

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 07:06 PM

The bottom of the pull-out looks a bit sharp. I guess this is a Norwegian Loop. Good to see you working on a project again!

It is a Norwegian Loop. That's what The Stig keeps calling it.

Wow great job on this.

Thank you ^_^

Is Stigette the only female active right now?

Anyway, looks good ;)

I think so. And thank you too.

Looks pretty epic. You've got a slightly sharp spot at the bottom, but that's an easy fix.

Much smooth. Very fix. Wow ;)

Looks great and honestly I have never been intimidated by an element on a knex coaster. That is just wow.

Nah. Nothing to be scared of. But thanks.

You're gonna need a ton of speed to make that. It looks lovely though!

Edit: it took me until now to realize that your female friend was building this....

Me-arg, ye land lubber! I'm getting a bunch of help. The Stig is doing most of the hard work.

Looking pretty good for a new member on here. At least you got a good guy helping ya build it. He knows his shaping and stuff. Now, is this going to have a launch or lift? If I had to guess, i'm guessing it's going to be a lift. Also, is this a Norwegian loop ya'll are makin'?

The Stig spent a bunch of time staring at it and re-doing a bunch of parts to make it better. I suppose he does know what he's doing.
He says he wants to make a launch because he's never made one before. But he's never made one before.

I agree you will need like a rocket ship to get it through that.. hhaha Just kidding looks great and tell your friend she`ll be a master with your help I really wish I had someone like you to help me build coasters cause I still can`t figure out how to make goos spines on VV Coasters and maintain the right speed.

He has a bunch of rubber bands that he says will do the job.

Stiggy wanted me to do the update this time. After hours of building, and taking breaks to watch Adventure Time, My Cat From Hell, and Dragonball Z Abridged, we're ready to present the finished loopy thingy. Okay. We worked on it this weekend and I think it looks better than ever. And The Stig seems really happy with the results. If he's happy, then I'm happy.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#17 -=Zach=-

-=Zach=-

How do I tubes?

• 1550 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 07:16 PM

Holy crap! That is beautiful. O.O
I love how it transitions into a turn at the end, it flows perfectly. I can see why Stig is happy.

Posted Image

Maverick|MF|Diamondback|Hulk|Banshee|Raptor|The Bat|Mean Streak|The Beast|DD Ice

Diamondback count: 586 Banshee count: 197

[23:45:59] Im gonna take a selfie with you tomorrow and show my mom that you are not a rapist

#18 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 07:16 PM

I said to my self "wow that is a large element!"

Then I saw the yellow rod boxes in the corner of the last pic. Great shaping, guys!

1- Time Traveler 2- Magnum XL-200 3- The Voyage 4- Velocicoaster 5-Iron Gwazi 6- Phantom's Revenge 7- The Beast 8- The Legend 9- Tiested Timbers 10- Steel Vengeance 

Follow me on Instagram @coastergeek987
Credit Count: 305

#19 Connector1o1

Connector1o1

Basic Engineer

• 1236 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 07:19 PM

This looks great! I love Norwegian loops, they look very good!
Well, if you do end up needing a launch mechanism, I have built a launch that can go over a 4ft top hat very easily. Plus it does not use a chain, just normal pieces and three linked rubber bands. I can make a tutorial if you are interested in it, I was going to make one anyway. I will send you a link just in case you and the Stig would like to even see the launch. (It is a VV launch, I build with SS and VV)
I am very glad there is a female active, hopefully, other girls will follow your example.
Oh, and welcome to SSC! ;)

Signature not available 

#20 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 08:49 PM

The Norwegian Loop looks great! Awesome job Stigette (and to you too Stig)!

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: buying knex coasters, knex coaster sets