buying knex coasters knex coaster sets

• Please log in to reply
141 replies to this topic

#41 Helmut

Helmut

Das Beste oder Nichts

• 3012 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 01:40 AM

Everything looks really neat. You are definitely improving on the tubes, and the shaping looks perfect.

Posted Image

#42 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 05:57 AM

I really love the drop you've made. It is so very smooth.

1- Time Traveler 2- Magnum XL-200 3- The Voyage 4- Velocicoaster 5-Iron Gwazi 6- Phantom's Revenge 7- The Beast 8- The Legend 9- Tiested Timbers 10- Steel Vengeance 

Follow me on Instagram @coastergeek987
Credit Count: 305

#43 alpal

alpal

Lead Engineer

• 1215 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 09:04 PM

Beautiful and unique, you continue to achieve a high standard. I am also very impressed of your inverted launch.

Automation is my specialty

If only I had more space/pieces/time.

#44 maarten12

maarten12

Medium-Gump

• 2917 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 09:51 AM

I really like that diving drop, no idea what's going to be next though. I just wanted to say something about the tubes. I'm perfectly fine with the fact that you're using 6 rods on your tubes, but you said that it isn't possible to use 8 rods together with the full moon 3D connectors. I'm not sure, but I think everyone thinks that isn't possible, however I have been working with 8 rods on the 3D connectors since the very beginning I started building with tubes (or somewhat later, I don't know anymore). Well, it has got nothing to do with your coaster, but I just wanted to say this ;).
Keep up the good work!

Posted Image

#45 ZachCreate

ZachCreate

i am very exciting...

• 343 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 10:29 AM

What is the next element! I agree with mitch, we do need a test video. Very Soon! :D

1. Maverick 2. Millennium Force 3.Top Thrill Dragster 4. Bizarro (Six Flags New England) 5. The Beast 6. X2 7. Full Throttle 8. Banshee 9. Xcelerator 10. Medusa (Six Flags Discovery Kingdom)

Posted Image

#46 TheRandomGuy

TheRandomGuy

Sample Text

• 2058 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 11:19 AM

Your first time using tubes and you're already a pro at it! I also really like the track work!

The signature you have requested is not available at the moment. We apologize for the inconvenience.

#47 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 03:26 PM

wow, I want to see a test video. now.

I'm waiting for the right time to post one (sorry :()! I want to make it interesting enough that a test video will be really cool. I might give you guys one after the second heart-line roll (spoiler!), otherwise you won't be seeing too much in the video.

Looking good, can't post much because I'm running out of battery!

Haha, thanks!

Everything looks really neat. You are definitely improving on the tubes, and the shaping looks perfect.

Thank you! (So far) I've been having a pretty good experience building with tubes.

I really love the drop you've made. It is so very smooth.

Thanks!

Beautiful and unique, you continue to achieve a high standard. I am also very impressed of your inverted launch.

I appreciate it. Thank you, and I hope I can make the launch even cooler than it is already. It'll be tough, but fun to do.

I really like that diving drop, no idea what's going to be next though. I just wanted to say something about the tubes. I'm perfectly fine with the fact that you're using 6 rods on your tubes, but you said that it isn't possible to use 8 rods together with the full moon 3D connectors. I'm not sure, but I think everyone thinks that isn't possible, however I have been working with 8 rods on the 3D connectors since the very beginning I started building with tubes (or somewhat later, I don't know anymore). Well, it has got nothing to do with your coaster, but I just wanted to say this ;).
Keep up the good work!

Huh, I'm wondering how you do that! Nevertheless, I'm sticking with the 6 rod tubes after hearing it's alright to do so from the builder I'm basing this coaster's tubes after. ;)

What is the next element! I agree with mitch, we do need a test video. Very Soon! :D

Next element is in the update! :D

Your first time using tubes and you're already a pro at it! I also really like the track work!

Thank you!

Another update coming at ya! This time I managed to (re)build a loop (I had had a loop already built before the last update but decided to take it down because the shaping wan't too good). Right now this is only a general outline for the shaping and structure. I wanted to get a feel for what the element would be like on the coaster and I'm unsure if I like it. I feel as though it might take out too much speed right after a diving drop, so replacement element suggestions are completely welcome (and encouraged)! Again, this is only a general outline for the loop and its structure.

Overviews
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Diving shot
Posted Image

The loop
Posted Image

Side view
Posted Image

This is where I'm able to go with the coaster before it turns around and goes into another heart-line roll. Replacement element suggestions are encouraged!
Posted Image

An this time I did not forget the redone heart-lining shot!
Posted Image

That's it for this update. I managed to build that before I go away. This update was merely a small update to keep you guys up to date with my building. I'll be thinking about replacement elements or ways to improve the loop it everyone thinks it's fine.

I'm outta' here for a while
-Jump

Posted Image

#48 The Stig

The Stig

Some say...

• 4609 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 03:54 PM

This is one of your most interesting coasters yet. It's like Volcano meets Nemesis. I like it.

#49 alpal

alpal

Lead Engineer

• 1215 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 05:17 PM

Instead of a heartline roll, try a corkscrew or some overbanked turns. Or put in bunny hills :P

Automation is my specialty

If only I had more space/pieces/time.

#50 Jumpge

Jumpge

• 3930 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 03:42 PM

Nearly three weeks later, here is the long overdue update; the big comeback.

Before building more elements, I reinforced the turn after the first heart-line roll with some fully blown tubes (reference pic #1) (reference pic #2) and redid the loop. After that I built the next section of the ride (the main update) based entirely off of Banshee's rising turn that quickly transitions into a heart-line roll (animated reference pic).

Overview
Posted Image

The full element
Posted Image

Rising turn
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

Second heart-line roll
Posted Image
Posted Image

Heart-line shot (It still needs some work like I did with the first one. This one turned out to be kinda flat)
Posted Image

I've been holding out on you guys for long enough... be looking out for a test video (hopefully) later this evening!
-Jump

Posted Image

#51 CartRacer56

CartRacer56

Inversion Enthusiast

• 1031 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 04:10 PM

Wow....... Just wow....... This will be awesome finished!

#52 Josh Monster

Josh Monster

Works with Alpal.

• 491 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 05:32 PM

Dang, that's a lot of rolls, I like the loop placement. Nice job, Could we get a test video of the whole thing so far?

Posted Image

#53 The Stig

The Stig

Some say...

• 4609 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 12:16 AM

This is definitely one of the most interesting layouts. I'm excited to see what happens next.

#54 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 08:31 AM

I love the layout, reminds me a lot of Volcano with all of the twists.

I'm not done building yet. 

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#55 Jumpge

Jumpge

• 3930 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 02:15 PM

Here's the test video!

The cars haven't been lubed in a very long time so that's why I'm running the launch so fast (it's also the reason why it doesn't make the second zero-g roll with a ton of speed).

I'm going to make some changes to the positioning of the launch; I'm either going to completely remove the turn or make it larger. I still haven't decided what I'm going to do, but the next update will most likely feature the new layout.

It's gonna be a while until I update again, so feedback on changes, etc. would be great.

Thanks for the support throughout this build!

-Jumpge

Edited by Jumpge, 01 December 2013 - 02:23 PM.

Posted Image

#56 Helmut

Helmut

Das Beste oder Nichts

• 3012 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 02:24 PM

So many twists! I like the lay-out, you're improving on them. I suggest using thin ropes (like on Tatsu) to reduce the shaking. You barely notice the ropes, but they help a lot. I can hear from the sound of your train that it hasn't been lubed in a very long time.
That first turn is going to kill riders...

Posted Image

#57 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 05:02 PM

Oh man, you've got to do something about that shaking. I know inverts are hard to support when you're using tubes, but that's killing a lot of your speed. It doesn't look very professional either. I bet the strings would help a lot, as ^ Helmut suggested.

#58 Knexrule11

Knexrule11

Sferico's President

• 4456 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 06:19 PM

If your cars are weighed, lube, then remove the weights. Hopefully you'd have the same amount of speed without the shaking.

:ph34r: SSCoasters Moderator :ph34r:
Fear the Bankatana | The SSCoasters Forum Rules

MySSCoasterssig.png
SfericoUserbar-1.png
Maverick|Tatsu|TTD|Fahrenheit|Skyrush|MF|Cheetah Hunt|Storm Runner|SheiKra|Montu
Coaster Count: 102

#59 DDRman732865

DDRman732865

Going Back for Master's for some reason

• 5251 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 02:18 PM

Someone likes inverted heartlining. Everything looks great, and the shaking has already been addressed.

#60 -=Zach=-

-=Zach=-

How do I tubes?

• 1550 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 02:32 PM

For the shaking, you could always add some horizontal tubes from one support to the other. It's like that on most intamin inverts anyways. They don't look the best, but they work very well. And I love all the heartline rolls. I've always had something for inverted heartline rolls. They just look very nice to me. I love this coaster so much already!
EDIT: I could easily see you using tubes on the rest of your coasters. You have gotten pretty much everything down really fast! :)

Edited by -=Zach=-, 03 December 2013 - 12:46 AM.

Posted Image

Maverick|MF|Diamondback|Hulk|Banshee|Raptor|The Bat|Mean Streak|The Beast|DD Ice

Diamondback count: 586 Banshee count: 197

[23:45:59] Im gonna take a selfie with you tomorrow and show my mom that you are not a rapist

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: buying knex coasters, knex coaster sets