B&M Hyper- Cherufe

electronics lsm

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 Spaghetti

Spaghetti

Golden State blew a 3-1 lead in the 2016 NBA Finals.

• 786 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 07:47 AM

Everything is good in my opinion. Keep going! I want to see this done!

banner_georgia_scorcher3_sfog_0.jpg?itok

#22 TEDDSTER

TEDDSTER

Polar Bear

• 267 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 08:58 PM

Everything is good in my opinion. Keep going! I want to see this done!

Thank you!

I have not done anything since the last update. :|

I'm being a little over-confident right now (which is an issue), because I want to build a recreation of Goliath at La Ronde. I would be building it 10-12 granites tall so I would have a lot of speed but everyone knows how vv goes.

I will weigh my trains even more than what my custom trains already have. I am not sure how much to weigh them though.

All in all, I am a very indecisive person. :$

39797.png

#23 Batwing

Batwing

Architect

• 375 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 04:22 AM

I thought it looked a little like Goliath ;) If you've already weighted your cars, just remember there's an optimum weight, beyond which the cars just apply too much stress to the track. I'd just keep adding supports if I was you (it may take a while, but it's worth it...)

I know how you feel. I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure ...... ( ;) )

Posted Image

#24 TEDDSTER

TEDDSTER

Polar Bear

• 267 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 11:52 AM

I thought it looked a little like Goliath ;) If you've already weighted your cars, just remember there's an optimum weight, beyond which the cars just apply too much stress to the track. I'd just keep adding supports if I was you (it may take a while, but it's worth it...)

I know how you feel. I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure ...... ( ;) )

Thanks! They aren't exactly weighted it is just weighted from the custom cars though. hehe ;)

So I did finally work on it last night! I finished the station by building it a granite longer. I also finished the lift. I added a chain return as well.

Pictures:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Custom train in station
Posted Image

Brake run and station
Posted Image

Please Comment!

39797.png

#25 Spaghetti

Spaghetti

Golden State blew a 3-1 lead in the 2016 NBA Finals.

• 786 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 12:04 PM

ME GUSTA. Will there be a switch track for extra trains?

banner_georgia_scorcher3_sfog_0.jpg?itok

#26 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 12:43 PM

This looks excellent. Lots of attention to detail and shaping. A good solid lift hill and very tidy.

Edited by CW5X, 08 February 2015 - 12:46 PM.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#27 TEDDSTER

TEDDSTER

Polar Bear

• 267 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 07:40 PM

ME GUSTA. Will there be a switch track for extra trains?

Thanks for reminding me! I was going to do that but I forgot and I don't have enough space.

This looks excellent. Lots of attention to detail and shaping. A good solid lift hill and very tidy.

Thank you! It looks horrible right now tbh.

So this is my second time redoing the drop, and it still looks terrible. Does anyone have suggestions?

This is what I mean (remember that it is also turning at a 45* angle) :

Posted Image

Please comment suggestions as they are very needed.

39797.png

#28 -=Zach=-

-=Zach=-

How do I tubes?

• 1550 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 07:44 PM

I actually quite like the way the drop is right now, it looks solid.
The only thing I can think of is making the crest smaller and pointier, like this:
Posted Image

It looks really good though.

Posted Image

Maverick|MF|Diamondback|Hulk|Banshee|Raptor|The Bat|Mean Streak|The Beast|DD Ice

Diamondback count: 586 Banshee count: 197

[23:45:59] Im gonna take a selfie with you tomorrow and show my mom that you are not a rapist

#29 NFC

NFC

Construction Foreman

• 148 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 08:25 PM

Make the drop just a few degrees steeper and then the pullout needs to be larger. And then it would be beautiful :)

#30 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 04:28 AM

I was more talking about the other sections of ride but still, I don't think the drop looks that bad. I do agree with Zach in making it pointier. I think doing that would fix a few perceived shaping problems. I had a similar problem with my crest in that I just couldn't get it right quite right for a while but once I made it sharper, it looked alright in the end.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#31 TEDDSTER

TEDDSTER

Polar Bear

• 267 posts

Posted 14 February 2015 - 02:36 PM

I actually quite like the way the drop is right now, it looks solid.
The only thing I can think of is making the crest smaller and pointier, like this:
Posted Image

It looks really good though.

Thanks!

Make the drop just a few degrees steeper and then the pullout needs to be larger. And then it would be beautiful :)

I would build the pullout larger but that would result in horrible speed loss. The first time I built the drop it had 40% speed loss within the first element, and it included a spine. :o

I was more talking about the other sections of ride but still, I don't think the drop looks that bad. I do agree with Zach in making it pointier. I think doing that would fix a few perceived shaping problems. I had a similar problem with my crest in that I just couldn't get it right quite right for a while but once I made it sharper, it looked alright in the end.

Okay, Thank you!

So I really want to keep building this but I am just not feeling it. Ya know? If I do not build this, then I would be building a compact invert like Black Mamba.
IfI do decide to change, should I create a new thread or keeping going with this one?

39797.png

#32 Mister Piglette

Mister Piglette

Entry Engineer

• 740 posts

Posted 14 February 2015 - 04:34 PM

I think it looks fantastic! I would keep building it. This is a true beauty.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pigs are better when green.

#33 RNB

RNB

VV builder

• 1808 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 10:22 AM

I'd keep going with this one as it looks incredibly well build. Shaping is spot on and I'm really liking the lift structure!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: electronics, lsm