firehawk recreation ioageek flying coaster 2016 fly to lie kings island

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 IOAgeek

IOAgeek

Excited for Iron Gwazi!

• 1152 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 08:46 AM

Interesting, wonder what's in the works here?

IMG_2823.jpg
IMG_2822.jpg
IMG_2826.jpg
IMG_2828.jpg

Please comment!

Edited by IOAgeek, 21 November 2022 - 08:57 PM.

#2 CartRacer56

CartRacer56

Inversion Enthusiast

• 1031 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 09:40 AM

Duel loading station + pictures + awesome stairs = Outlaw Run recreation

in all seriousness looks quite good I must say cant wait to see what is next

#3 iCoaster44

iCoaster44

French K'nexpert

• 383 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 10:17 AM

I can see the axis box for the switch track, can we expect an automated double station ?

My K'nex Models:

Tsun/\mi

#4 G Force

G Force

Yea Man

• 1098 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 01:24 PM

Kingda Ka? That station looks epic, excellent work.

#5 Batwing

Batwing

Architect

• 375 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 05:16 PM

My bet's on a vekoma Flying Dutchman. That is, one with a very good looking and impressive station...
Can't wait to see what's in store! :)

Posted Image

#6 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 05:35 PM

^Hmm.

You and your fancy ass stations.... (eek)

1- Time Traveler 2- Magnum XL-200 3- The Voyage 4- Velocicoaster 5-Iron Gwazi 6- Phantom's Revenge 7- The Beast 8- The Legend 9- Tiested Timbers 10- Steel Vengeance 

Follow me on Instagram @coastergeek987
Credit Count: 305

#7 pǝʇɹǝʌuı

pǝʇɹǝʌuı

I am a cat

• 202 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 05:39 PM

^^I was also about to guess flying dutchman. But since you already did I'm going to say custom intamin accelerator coaster.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#8 Connector1o1

Connector1o1

Basic Engineer

• 1236 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 06:49 PM

I just...whaaa? I quit, someone please catch me as I faint.
Nice attention to detail, I really have nothing to say because it is so nice.

Signature not available 

#9 IOAgeek

IOAgeek

Excited for Iron Gwazi!

• 1152 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 07:57 AM

Duel loading station + pictures + awesome stairs = Outlaw Run recreation

in all seriousness looks quite good I must say cant wait to see what is next

Outlaw run doesnt have a double station and that would be challenging but fun to recreate.

I can see the axis box for the switch track, can we expect an automated double station ?

I was thinking about it, but its really hard to line up the track perfectly and I didn't want to go through hell making this work, sorry. I see why this hasn't been successful before.

Kingda Ka? That station looks epic, excellent work.

No that'd be to original plus I just did a custom launching coaster.

My bet's on a vekoma Flying Dutchman. That is, one with a very good looking and impressive station...
Can't wait to see what's in store! :)

Yep it sure is and thanks it took tons of hard work!!

^Hmm.

You and your fancy ass stations.... (eek)

Thank you I love a good station and IK you like them too. :)

^^I was also about to guess flying dutchman. But since you already did I'm going to say custom intamin accelerator coaster.

Yea its a flying dutchman recreation lol. I just did a custom intamin launcher.

I just...whaaa? I quit, someone please catch me as I faint.
Nice attention to detail, I really have nothing to say because it is so nice.

HAHA thanks I love making realistic stations, it adds to the realism and only takes a week.

Well I've always wanted to do a recreation of firehawk, since it's one of my favorite coasters Ive ridden and I want to be the first one to recreate it successfully. So i build the lift and I'm using a strong backbone and three 12v motors which is perfect for my 5 car train I'll be using. The tire drives out of the station work perfectly and didnt take long to. Enjot the pics everyone and get excited , one more update before you guys are caught up! :)

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Top of the lift and start of the ride.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Please comment!!

Edited by IOAgeek, 28 May 2015 - 08:15 AM.

#10 Mister Piglette

Mister Piglette

Entry Engineer

• 740 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 11:20 AM

Yes. This is what I needed. Looks very good so far and I hope you can deal with the height and speed loss.

One thing I would like to comment on is the pre drop. Right after the top of the crest, your exit is too steep. Fix that and it should look better, but you said we weren't caught up to your building yet, so it might be too late.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pigs are better when green.

#11 TheoB

TheoB

Rollermad

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 01:49 PM

I really like what you have done so far especially the station. The catwalk also looks really nice and overall its very good. There isn't much to comment on yet shaping wise but everything looks very strong

#12 CartRacer56

CartRacer56

Inversion Enthusiast

• 1031 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 06:40 PM

I REAAALLLLY hope you know I was joking

looks good hope you can pull this off with the realism you seem to want to put into this.

#13 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 06:32 AM

Oh heck yeah. Though I'm not a fan of... well Firehawk... it still looks awesome. ;)

Posted Image

#14 -=Zach=-

-=Zach=-

How do I tubes?

• 1550 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 08:26 AM

^ (lol)
I have to say, that is one of the best lifts I've ever seen. You attention to detail on this ride so far is ridiculous, it's a really nice build so far.

Posted Image

Maverick|MF|Diamondback|Hulk|Banshee|Raptor|The Bat|Mean Streak|The Beast|DD Ice

Diamondback count: 586 Banshee count: 197

[23:45:59] Im gonna take a selfie with you tomorrow and show my mom that you are not a rapist

#15 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 09:20 AM

^ (lol)
I have to say, that is one of the best lifts I've ever seen. You attention to detail on this ride so far is ridiculous, it's a really nice build so far.

Haha, I'm glad you caught that. :D

Posted Image

#16 Helmut

Helmut

Das Beste oder Nichts

• 3012 posts

Posted 30 May 2015 - 02:00 AM

This K'NEX version of Firehawk already looks a lot better than the real coaster. Firehawk was one of the biggest disappointments of last year's Coaster Trip, Elijah will agree. ;)

Posted Image

#17 Spaghetti

Spaghetti

Golden State blew a 3-1 lead in the 2016 NBA Finals.

• 786 posts

Posted 01 June 2015 - 10:47 PM

I freakin' love Vekoma flying dutchman coasters.

banner_georgia_scorcher3_sfog_0.jpg?itok

#18 Muzz135

Muzz135

What to build.....

• 706 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 12:31 PM

Wow two updates back to back :o are you feeling okay IOA? ;)

Anyway looks fantastic so far, keep it up!

#19 IOAgeek

IOAgeek

Excited for Iron Gwazi!

• 1152 posts

Posted 20 June 2015 - 11:53 AM

Yes. This is what I needed. Looks very good so far and I hope you can deal with the height and speed loss.

One thing I would like to comment on is the pre drop. Right after the top of the crest, your exit is too steep. Fix that and it should look better, but you said we weren't caught up to your building yet, so it might be too late.

Meh idk I didn't feel like going all the ay back to fix that part, plus I think it's fine to what the real ride is.

I really like what you have done so far especially the station. The catwalk also looks really nice and overall its very good. There isn't much to comment on yet shaping wise but everything looks very strong

I love the station and catwalk too, adds to the realism!

I REAAALLLLY hope you know I was joking

looks good hope you can pull this off with the realism you seem to want to put into this.

Haha IK, thanks, dude appreciate it!

Oh heck yeah. Though I'm not a fan of... well Firehawk... it still looks awesome. ;)

Firehawk isn't that bad, of a ride, I enjoyed it the two times I've been on it. It's very unique and fun!

^ (lol)

I love making my lifts and stations good, for everyone to love and see.

This K'NEX version of Firehawk already looks a lot better than the real coaster. Firehawk was one of the biggest disappointments of last year's Coaster Trip, Elijah will agree. ;)

Thanks helmer, Firehawk is cool ride though, very underrated. :)

I freakin' love Vekoma flying dutchman coasters.

Same, only three out there. Two of them have been relocated though in cedar fair.

Wow two updates back to back :o are you feeling okay IOA? ;)

Anyway looks fantastic so far, keep it up!

Haha, I'm fine, I just had some extra time on my hands to update for you guys!

Ok here we go, I finished the first turn, and flip ting on Firehawk after the lift hill. I also worked on the drop, and I think it looks pretty good so far. It was a challenge making the tubes strong together especially of how high they were in length. I think I made them as sturdy as they're gonna get. I also used the same exact tube support configuration, if anyone noticed, so the trackwork is very strong during the drop and pullout. The turn is complete so I will get you that update next week, cause I'm leaving for China tomorrow, and going to Hong Kong Disneyland in a few days! I just got back from Atlantis in the Bahamas too with my family, that was a blast!! Enjoy the pics, test video in the next update!

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Please comment!!

Edited by IOAgeek, 20 June 2015 - 11:55 AM.

#20 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 20 June 2015 - 04:01 PM

Wow, the shaping on your lie-to-fly looks fantastic! The supports seem very accurate to the real thing, and I'm hoping they're as strong as they look. The only thing I'd change is to add a little more banking in this section:

Spoiler

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: firehawk, recreation, ioageek, flying coaster, 2016, fly to lie, kings island