firehawk recreation ioageek flying coaster 2016 fly to lie kings island

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#21 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 21 June 2015 - 10:03 AM

Gorgeous work my friend! When seeing your last update, I was wondering how you'd go about this drop while maintaining strength in the structure. You've managed to execute it perfectly. The only thing to be said, was said by Ryan and I agree with it.

Posted Image

#22 Spaghetti

Spaghetti

Golden State blew a 3-1 lead in the 2016 NBA Finals.

• 786 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 11:21 AM

I also love this coaster...

banner_georgia_scorcher3_sfog_0.jpg?itok

#23 Helmut

Helmut

Das Beste oder Nichts

• 3012 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 01:55 PM

Fantastic shaping on the lie-to-fly, it looks extremely smooth and realistic. I am surprised by the sturdy look of the supports, it looks like they will not allow any bending or moving of the track. The only thing that could be improved is what Ryan pointed out.

Posted Image

#24 IOAgeek

IOAgeek

Excited for Iron Gwazi!

• 1152 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 01:07 PM

Wow, the shaping on your lie-to-fly looks fantastic! The supports seem very accurate to the real thing, and I'm hoping they're as strong as they look. The only thing I'd change is to add a little more banking in this section:

Spoiler

Thank u I'm very good at shaping elements with flexi rods as u can see. The banking on that part of the drop is very hard from that tube support being there and all, but I fixed it the best I could again.

Gorgeous work my friend! When seeing your last update, I was wondering how you'd go about this drop while maintaining strength in the structure. You've managed to execute it perfectly. The only thing to be said, was said by Ryan and I agree with it.

Haha thanks, it took some skill and hard work to make the tubes and connect them together perfectly so shaking is reduced to a minimum on that turn with no really any diagonal supports to brass it.

I also love this coaster...

Thanks, me toooo!! :)

Fantastic shaping on the lie-to-fly, it looks extremely smooth and realistic. I am surprised by the sturdy look of the supports, it looks like they will not allow any bending or moving of the track. The only thing that could be improved is what Ryan pointed out.

Thank you very much!!

Hey everyone, another update today of Firehawk. So after getting back from vacation in China which was great, saw tons of new things and food out there. So many high rises and people lol. I built the first overbank which was somewhat a challenge but I thing I got a pretty good height and speed out of it based on the tube supports and my weighted train. I started running out of gray rods after that, so I'm using green rods for the rest, which is no worries since I have tons of green rods left to finish the tubes. I also completed the lie-to-fly, which was pretty easy but since it is located right under the drop, it had to be a little lower than I wanted but that's how it is in real life. I just added some flexis after the first overbank to slow it down going into the lie-to-fly, it works great and does it's job which I'm happy about!! Enjoy the pictures and the next update should be on Friday, the moment of truth is coming up kind of with the loop, stay tuned guys!!

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Overview shot
Posted Image
Posted Image

Please comment!!

Edited by IOAgeek, 20 July 2015 - 01:10 PM.

#25 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 01:40 PM

Wow that's a lot of tubes... shaping looks excellent. However, it is too narrow on the top. Take a look at this picture:
Spoiler

I'm not done building yet. 

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#26 CartRacer56

CartRacer56

Inversion Enthusiast

• 1031 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 02:20 PM

^ Actually, I think he got it perfect. This looks great! Tell me why you don't have a builder tag. :P

#27 Spaghetti

Spaghetti

• 786 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 03:13 PM

Oh poop, this this is good.

#28 Batwing

Batwing

Architect

• 375 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 03:14 PM

^Because he hasn't finished this coaster yet Cart ;)
Beautiful work so far - and this is one hell of a sturdy build. And it's one hell of a recreation too - your attention to detail so far has been outstanding.

*Delays work on current coaster to stand a chance in the next TM*

Posted Image

#29 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 03:43 PM

That's wonderful! The tube supports are beautiful, as is the shaping. Nice work on this tough element.

Posted Image

#30 FrIeDeGgS

FrIeDeGgS

Eurofighter Enthusiast

• 805 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 04:22 PM

The shaping looks great and those tubes are insane! Looks just like the real thing the amount of tubes there are..

I think the overbank is good, looking at this picture. The angle is kinda weird though.

Posted Image

39751.png

Sad that I no longer have 69 internets

Current Project: Un-named Eurofighter

#31 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 09:59 AM

I think that this looks great so far! I can't wait for the update on the loop (eek)!

1- Time Traveler 2- Magnum XL-200 3- The Voyage 4- Velocicoaster 5-Iron Gwazi 6- Phantom's Revenge 7- The Beast 8- The Legend 9- Tiested Timbers 10- Steel Vengeance 

Follow me on Instagram @coastergeek987
Credit Count: 305

#32 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

Lead Particle Physicist and Musical Orchestrator

• 2812 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 10:50 AM

Oooh, very nice. If you chose to fix the problems SCM mentioned, I wouldn't make any drastic changes. Other than that, I have no other comments besides the well-established fact that this is very impressive.

#33 IOAgeek

IOAgeek

Excited for Iron Gwazi!

• 1152 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 04:09 PM

Wow that's a lot of tubes... shaping looks excellent. However, it is too narrow on the top. Take a look at this picture:

Spoiler

Thank you, I just kept it like it was, I thought it looked good eneough and I didnt really want to fix it.

^ Actually, I think he got it perfect. This looks great! Tell me why you don't have a builder tag. :P

Haha thanks dude, idk maybe soon??

Oh poop, this this is good.

IKR!!

^Because he hasn't finished this coaster yet Cart ;)
Beautiful work so far - and this is one hell of a sturdy build. And it's one hell of a recreation too - your attention to detail so far has been outstanding.

*Delays work on current coaster to stand a chance in the next TM*

Thanks I appreciate it.

That's wonderful! The tube supports are beautiful, as is the shaping. Nice work on this tough element.

Thank you it took a lot of work to make espically out of tubes.

The shaping looks great and those tubes are insane! Looks just like the real thing the amount of tubes there are..

I think the overbank is good, looking at this picture. The angle is kinda weird though.

2dqfm4g10000j5rgtk8006.jpg

Yea I tried to use the same placement of tubes just like the real ride has. It actualy makes the turn really sturdy too.

I think that this looks great so far! I can't wait for the update on the loop (eek)!

Well you've seen it in person so!!

Oooh, very nice. If you chose to fix the problems SCM mentioned, I wouldn't make any drastic changes. Other than that, I have no other comments besides the well-established fact that this is very impressive.

Thank you very much!!

Hey everyone, sorry for the delay in the updates for this ride, I've been very busy lately with school and college essays, but I finally have some time to finsih the last update. So a couple months ago Trevor game down to my house and helped me finish Firehwak in about two days, after the loop element. We then took down the coaser two days later and organzed it so we could drive to his house the next day and continue building the Gwazi receation we had planned to do!! So this is all the pictures I have of the completed version of Firehawk, it turned out to be a pretty fun build and I'm glad I had enough pieces and speed to finsh this coaster. Enjoy the pics and test video of the train making the complete layout. Also, expect the final video to come out in a couple of days!

IMG_1759.jpg

You can see Trevor on my couch on his phone like usual!

IMG_1763.jpg

IMG_1753.jpg

IMG_1754.jpg

IMG_1758.jpg

IMG_1768.jpg

IMG_1755.jpg

IMG_1757.jpg

IMG_1756.jpg

IMG_1767.jpg

IMG_1760.jpg

IMG_1752.jpg

http://vid1178.photo...15/IMG_1770.mp4

Please Comment!!

Edited by IOAgeek, 24 November 2015 - 04:14 PM.

#34 Spaghetti

Spaghetti

• 786 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 04:48 PM

Dang, that's insane! I can't believe that you also put in custom cars! Everything about this coaster is awesome! I can't wait for the final video.

#35 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 08:10 PM

I look so elegant sitting on your sofa.

And those four days of constants assembling, then disassembling were miserable. Followed by the 2 weeks of constant building from Gwazi. :P

1- Time Traveler 2- Magnum XL-200 3- The Voyage 4- Velocicoaster 5-Iron Gwazi 6- Phantom's Revenge 7- The Beast 8- The Legend 9- Tiested Timbers 10- Steel Vengeance 

Follow me on Instagram @coastergeek987
Credit Count: 305

#36 Old_Hag

Old_Hag

Lead Engineer

• 2205 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 08:11 PM

I love the details on this, for example I really like the station and switch tracks. It looks like you weren't able to keep the scale of elements exact but that's to be expected with a recreation, especially with custom cars. Very clean otherwise, nice job!! Good luck on Gwazi!

#37 Batwing

Batwing

Architect

• 375 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 04:16 PM

Now that is impressive! Your supports look beautiful - and incredibly realistic too, and you really can't fault the shaping at all!

Maybe you could just modify the...oh wait.

Did the switch track actually work?

Posted Image

#38 Muzz135

Muzz135

What to build.....

• 706 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 07:01 AM

Very nicely built! This looks brilliant and I look forward to seeing the video! :)

#39 G Force

G Force

Yea Man

• 1098 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 10:00 PM

The ending seems a little bit sloppy, however this is definitely one of the best models I've seen in a long time.  Great work here, especially on the supports.

#40 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 27 November 2015 - 12:12 AM

I'm very impressed that you maintained speed so well! It's crazy that the custom cars can make it all the way through the layout and that the supports don't shake noticeably. I'm really glad you put in the effort to finish this awesome model!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: firehawk, recreation, ioageek, flying coaster, 2016, fly to lie, kings island