The Longest Thread

• Please log in to reply
45735 replies to this topic

#44861 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

Lead Particle Physicist and Musical Orchestrator

• 2812 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 01:55 AM

Just came back from seeing The Last Jedi (it's 1:40AM local - my first movie in a theater in 3 years and my first late night movie too). If you liked The Force Awakens, I'd suggest seeing it for sure. I left with quite a few questions, though, so I hope they'll be answered in the next film. Wonderful score and cues by Williams!

Edited by LaMbChOpZ, 18 December 2017 - 01:56 AM.

Member of a few physics experiments; Orchestrator and/or Copyist for a few musicals.

#44862 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 11:55 PM

Just came back from seeing The Last Jedi (it's 1:40AM local - my first movie in a theater in 3 years and my first late night movie too). If you liked The Force Awakens, I'd suggest seeing it for sure. I left with quite a few questions, though, so I hope they'll be answered in the next film. Wonderful score and cues by Williams!

Agreed - I saw it on opening night! I loved it. Some of my favorite Star Wars scores were the original ones for The Force Awakens... do you know if Williams did any new ones for episode VIII?

#44863 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 01:17 AM

I didn't recognize any new themes in The Last Jedi, just what he established in The Force Awakens and the original trilogy.

SSCoasters Staff
The SSCoasters Forum Rules

cincinnatibearcats07sp-1.jpg

GigaSonic XLC, Déjà Vu, Werewolf, WildSide, Thunderhawk, Kaibutsu, Diamondback, Couloir

SVengeance|Voyage|LightningRod|Goliath(SFGAm)|OutlawRun|Fury325|RF2|Taron|StormChaser|Orion|

Coaster Count: 300

#44864 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 22 December 2017 - 03:13 PM

I recently watched all 4 Home Alone movies. 3rd one's my favorite. The kid was scary smart. He knew the one guy would notice the fishing line attached to the weight. He knew the precise timing the delay would need. He knew who would be where and when. He knew what traps they would fall for. Clearly he's from the future... (eek) Savitar as a child? Kevin needed to be rescued by the outcasts who you thought were up to no good (the snow shoveler and the bird woman), but Alex was a badass who saved the outcast (the uptight old lady). 

Today I watched some of the extras. For the 1st Home Alone, they didn't use special effects. The criminals actually did fall on their backs down icy stairs. Marv actually did step on a nail and fall back like ten feet. Harry actually did burn his hand on the doorknob. Sheesh. They said at the time they couldn't afford special effects so they had to make do... and made about 6 re-takes for each stunt. Whatever those guys were being paid... it wasn't enough. Just walk up in the studio like "Sir, put that foam chainsaw down and replace it! REAL MEN don't use special effects for painful scenes! *signs contract* So, what movie is this?" "... It's SAW, Sir." "...sh*t." 

I'm not done building yet. 

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#44865 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

• 2812 posts

Posted 23 December 2017 - 03:00 PM

^ And let's not forget John William's beautiful cues from the first two films! Honestly, the first two films are enough for me; I'm not a big fan of the 3rd film, let alone the 4th in which the trailers sufficed for me.

It doesn't even feel like the holidays to me. With the disasters and pressure of my two jobs, prepping for my next semester (speaking of which, just waiting on one last course to report the final grade for the semester, not like it's a week late or anything... At least I'm off to a great start, for E&M comes in January!), and the madness of trying to buy things for people, it barely feels like Christmas is just two days away. I've yet to watch Elf too - how blasphemous!

Edited by LaMbChOpZ, 23 December 2017 - 03:01 PM.

Member of a few physics experiments; Orchestrator and/or Copyist for a few musicals.

#44866 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 23 December 2017 - 05:12 PM

I feel like every year, the build-up is spoilt by exams and by the time I'm done with them, I've missed a lot of it and can't really get into it. I guess that's life though. I still appreciate the joys of this time of year and still look forward to it everytime. And it's better than having to worry about after Christmas exams.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#44867 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

• 7526 posts

Posted 24 December 2017 - 11:27 AM

I've been feeling the same - all the busyness has kept me from doing some of the Christmas traditions I normally do, especially watching movies. I have gotten to spend a lot of time with friends, though, and I guess that's more important to me anyway.

#44868 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 24 December 2017 - 11:40 AM

Went out a couple times this week with friends as well. It's nice to spend time with them outside of the more stressful university environment. The more relaxed vibe is so much more pleasant. Not that any of them are unpleasant at all during the semester but it's just better when there's nothing on anybody's mind.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

Tyndrum

#44869 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

• 2812 posts

Posted 24 December 2017 - 06:48 PM

I didn't even get to enjoy today yet. I'm coming down with a sinus infection and still worked a 9-hour shift in the copy center. We made a whole $127 for the whole 9 hours (the store as a whole barely hitting $3K.....). At least now I'm finally home and can enjoy what little time is left of the night. Regardless, Merry Christmas, Happy Hannukkah (though a bit late), joyous Kwanzaa, or happy soon-to-be Monday!

Edited by LaMbChOpZ, 24 December 2017 - 06:52 PM.

#44870 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 25 December 2017 - 01:34 AM

I didn't even get to enjoy today yet. I'm coming down with a sinus infection and still worked a 9-hour shift in the copy center. We made a whole $127 for the whole 9 hours (the store as a whole barely hitting $3K.....). At least now I'm finally home and can enjoy what little time is left of the night. Regardless, Merry Christmas, Happy Hannukkah (though a bit late), joyous Kwanzaa, or happy soon-to-be Monday!

The grocery store I work in was projected to hit 300,000 dollars in sales on Saturday and Sunday. Love me some holidays.

Merry Christmas, everyone.

1- Time Traveler 2- Magnum XL-200 3- The Voyage 4- Velocicoaster 5-Iron Gwazi 6- Phantom's Revenge 7- The Beast 8- The Legend 9- Tiested Timbers 10- Steel Vengeance 

Follow me on Instagram @coastergeek987
Credit Count: 305

#44871 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 25 December 2017 - 07:22 PM

Officially 1 hour and 45 minutes before I'm 22. To think I joined this place when I was 16 as well. Where on earth has the last 5 and a half years gone?

Tyndrum

#44872 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

• 7526 posts

Posted 25 December 2017 - 08:02 PM

Officially 1 hour and 45 minutes before I'm 22. To think I joined this place when I was 16 as well. Where on earth has the last 5 and a half years gone?

Have fun trying to avoid people singing Taylor Swift at you all day! Mine was in March and I almost made it through - someone got me around 11pm though.

And to everyone else, I hope you've all had a Merry Christmas!

#44873 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 25 December 2017 - 09:40 PM

Yeah Merry Christmas and Happy Hearthswarming! Won't be long before 2018. I'll be turning 20 next year. :o But before I go: I'd like to file a complaint to Santa. I asked him for a girlfriend this Christmas and didn't get one. But I did get some pretty stuff... but getting to see my sister again was my favorite gift of all... wow, that was sappy

Edited by SCM, 25 December 2017 - 09:44 PM.

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#44874 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 27 December 2017 - 12:13 PM

Have fun trying to avoid people singing Taylor Swift at you all day! Mine was in March and I almost made it through - someone got me around 11pm though.
And to everyone else, I hope you've all had a Merry Christmas!

Fortunately, none of my friends are the sing-loudly-at-you type of people, or like Taylor Swift particularly. Had a decent day playing darts and then went out dinner. After that, I saw the new Star Wars film. Felt it was good but a little disjointed. It was cutting set-piece to set-piece without really getting a good flow together, but I did still enjoy it. It came together nicely at the end too.

Tyndrum

#44875 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 28 December 2017 - 11:27 AM

I haven't seen the new Star Wars, either. Usually my parents like to wait another year for the price to go down. Ugh. Back in high school, someone asked me... er, here's basically the whole conversation: 

Guy: Hey man, ready to see the new Star Wars

Me: Uh... 'Star Wars'...? As in The Force Awakens?

Guy: Yeah! :D 

Me: Wait... isn't Star Wars a spin-off of The Hunger Games

Guy: Oh what the fu- 

Me: Hahahaha I'm just kidding. :P 

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#44876 CartRacer56

CartRacer56

Inversion Enthusiast

• 1031 posts

Posted 28 December 2017 - 08:37 PM

Off topic from what has been going on here but I actually have a coaster sitting in my room, tube supported, and finished. It's actually been done for probably about two months now. I've just been too lazy to film it or take any pictures even though i have to look at it every morning when I get out of bed.

I haven't seen the newest Star Wars film yet but I'm going through all seven of them so far before I watch the The Last Jedi. (someone, please, kill Jar Jar) Probably going to watch it sometime next week when everything has died down a little. (I hate packed theaters even with spread out recliners) 

Junior year in high school isn't going so great. I find myself being alone a lot not doing anything other than eating especially once football season ended. I've felt alone before but right now I do kinda feel like no one's there (I know this site is always here, don't worry) My addition of Instagram and snapchat have also really shown me how unknown I really am. A school dance was the other night and literally everyone I know was there with a date and I'm over here like, "FOOD"

And that's my rant. Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and will have a happy new year! 

man 2018 came up quick

#44877 Spaghetti

Spaghetti

Golden State blew a 3-1 lead in the 2016 NBA Finals.

• 786 posts

Posted 28 December 2017 - 10:14 PM

Treated myself with a good action camera for the holidays. Now I have no excuse to not film a video. How have you guys been? I said I was gonna release something big but I got sick. :( I’m over that funk and now I am building again. Expect something soon.

banner_georgia_scorcher3_sfog_0.jpg?itok

#44878 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 05:01 AM

Treated myself with a good action camera for the holidays. Now I have no excuse to not film a video. How have you guys been? I said I was gonna release something big but I got sick. :( I’m over that funk and now I am building again. Expect something soon.

Alive, just. Been very busy with life recently but been dropping in and out every now and then. It's currently snowing a lot outside so I may have to go out and experience the once a year snow that splits the long periods of rain.

Tyndrum

#44879 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 01:33 PM

Junior year in high school isn't going so great. I find myself being alone a lot not doing anything other than eating especially once football season ended. I've felt alone before but right now I do kinda feel like no one's there (I know this site is always here, don't worry) My addition of Instagram and snapchat have also really shown me how unknown I really am. A school dance was the other night and literally everyone I know was there with a date and I'm over here like, "FOOD"

Yeah Amen to that, Cart. Even when I am surrounded by people, I still feel alone. People are around but there's no one to talk to. As for this site... it's pretty lonely without the chatbox and those regular chatters like us. Oh and yeah I too was literally the only one without a date for the school dances... especially prom. 100% too afraid to ask, 100% certain everyone was taken, and 100% I would be rejected. 

Edit 12/30/17: I was surprised to see a co-worker last night. Jay, which is what I'll call him, was the best host ever here. Somehow, he knew when to keep tables pushed together. He knew when parties would come in with scary accuracy. He was basically a psychic host... oh and yeah he was super nice and chill. 

Edited by SCM, 30 December 2017 - 09:30 AM.

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#44880 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

• 2812 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 11:12 PM

Finally got my final grades back from the fall semester (that was painfully slow)! Now I get to look forward to the slow pain of working 21 hours over the next two days. Being just before NYE, it's going to be boring......

I know this is really old news (from July 2016), but I just learned SF is building a park in Dubai.