The Longest Thread

• Please log in to reply
45735 replies to this topic

#44821 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 04:24 PM

Still another 1 and a half years until I graduate but it feels good to be more than half way. The place I worked at in the summer said I could come back next year if I wanted so I'll get that sorted out during the Christmas break or something like that. And then maybe a job after that. Getting scary how close it's all becoming.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#44822 Chaos

Chaos

Lead Engineer

• 1348 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 10:46 PM

^^You're headed to IAAPA? I'll be there, too! The stars aligned and I was able to get the time off work.

#44823 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 06:35 PM

Wow, this site is even less used than a staircase next to an escalator. (in 'Murica)

Edited by SCM, 16 November 2017 - 06:38 PM.

I'm not done building yet. 

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#44824 YolosweggLord

YolosweggLord

Construction Foreman

• 138 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 01:57 AM

I’m always a bit paranoid about bugs with those containers, but my biggest issue with them is that, when lifting a heavy one, the lip of the bin tends to cut into your fingers. I moved to Texas a few months ago, and after moving countless bins like this, my fingers were hurting for several days after the move.

#44825 TEDDSTER

TEDDSTER

Polar Bear

• 267 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 11:04 PM

I am finally on Thanksgiving Break! I just finished putting the Halloween decorations away, now I have to take out all of the Christmas stuff.... ugh lol. I have a few ideas on knex coasters/rides, but I don't know when I will ever have time because I am super busy, thanks education... College classes + flight lessons + work = no time. Anywho, my flight lessons are going well and I'm learning slow flight/stall recovery and it is very fun :). I should probably start my homework so that I don't procrastinate. Oh yeah, I got a new phone after 3 years, a Note 8 and I love it (I only got it since I was eligible to get it half off). My favorite phone ever!

Wow, this post is a jumbled mess, just like my life hahahaha!

Edited by TEDDSTER, 16 November 2017 - 11:11 PM.

39797.png

#44826 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 17 November 2017 - 10:05 AM

Wow, this post is a jumbled mess, just like my life hahahaha!"

Amen to that. What has this world come to when silly things like education take priority over plastic artworks? :P

Forum, I have something AMAZING to show! I was out shopping yesterday at one of those places with a lot of small stores in a big area when I was looking for spiders (hey, shuddup, it's what I do). Anyway, I noticed something. At first I thought it was a dead leaf. I was intrigued because there was no way a dead leaf should be able to be on that corner with the wind blowing. Even looking at it closely, it took me a while to realize it wasn't a dead leaf with a fish tail. In fact, it wasn't until I reviewed the following photos until I realized that it was a moth. A huge, bulky moth. With a fish tail. 

Honestly, forum, I've never seen a moth like this! Even online. I even know about the death's head hawk moth... points to whomever named it. Badass name. (I'm not making it up. Google it.) Without further rambling on, here are the photos, which are hidden 

because it's kind of gross looking. 

Spoiler

Well, get on with it, google 'death's head hawk moth'! (Meanwhile, I'm going to try to find out what kind of moth this is.) Edit: ID'd: http://butterflies.h...moths/leaf.html

Edited by SCM, 17 November 2017 - 10:53 AM.

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#44827 YolosweggLord

YolosweggLord

Construction Foreman

• 138 posts

Posted 17 November 2017 - 12:09 PM

ohhhkay that's pretty creepy

edit: woohoo, happy 100 posts to me!

Edited by YolosweggLord, 17 November 2017 - 12:15 PM.

• SCM likes this

#44828 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 09:37 PM

Guys I'm honestly scared! About a moment ago I heard some sort of metallic whirling outside of my window. It didn't sound like it was too far away, either. It sounded like the sound that the patronus charm makes. I heard it several times and it seemed to be moving from place to place. Did... did I just hear a UFO? :

Hopefully this is just another hallucination, like when I was at work and heard fireworks in the distance. 

Edit: Okay i'm fine with UFO's flying around here as long as they don't abduct anyone. 

Edit: v (below) OHHHHHH that makes sense... wait. Are they really stealthy or something? I didn't hear any bang noises at all even though I should have. Okay I'm going back to the alien theory. 

Edited by SCM, 20 November 2017 - 07:23 PM.

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#44829 YolosweggLord

YolosweggLord

Construction Foreman

• 138 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 11:11 PM

95% sure that's just hooligans with fireworks. I had that happen literally right outside my window with those "moonshot" fireworks that spin around and make a mettalic whirring noise.

#44830 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 09:21 AM

Note: This post is NOT I repeat NOT for starting a political technology debate. I just want to point something out. | With that said, I can't help but to notice some small differences between Macs and Windows, listed below:

Windows / Mac 

- Clock on bottom right corner / Clock on top right corner 

- White arrow / black arrow 

- Buttons to close out are on the top right corner / on the top left corner 

Has anyone else noticed this? Again, this is NOT for starting intense flaming and stuff on this site... or anywhere. :) 

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#44831 YolosweggLord

YolosweggLord

Construction Foreman

• 138 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 10:13 AM

Mac uses a 'trash can,' while Windows has a 'recycling bin.' Windows wins :)

#44832 mishockwave2008

mishockwave2008

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 12:03 PM

First Mac OS released on January 24, 1984. First Windows OS (a poor man's Mac OS copy... LOL) was released on November 20, 1985. Mac wins.  :D

Do or do not... There is no try.

#44833 YolosweggLord

YolosweggLord

Construction Foreman

• 138 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 12:12 AM

Steve jobs died in 2011. Bill gates is still alive. Windows wins :)
LOL jk that was a terrible joke I'm sorry guys

• Britfag, SCM, Spaghetti and 1 other like this

#44834 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 09:12 PM

Three cheers for Yolo for making an offensive joke.  :rolleyes: Hip-hip! Hurray! Hip-hip! Hurray! Hip-hip!Hur

Edit: v I'll say. | Oh boy, not looking forward to working tonight... and speaking of busy, there are some days when it's really busy for who knows what reason. I always ask, "Is it some random holiday today?" (Hey it's really what I do.) 

Just a thought with Apple: What's with the 'i' thing? Apple, look here. You've got lots of potential for product names: red delicious (iPhone w/ red back), golden delicious (iPhone w/ yellow back), fuji (super high tech iPhone), jazz (iPhone that comes with built-in, high-quality jazz instruments)... and for those who are more badass, golden 

(iPhone that is indestructible, has a golden back with a drawing of Ladon guarding the golden apples.) 

Edited by SCM, 24 November 2017 - 09:41 AM.

• YolosweggLord likes this

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#44835 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 24 November 2017 - 09:00 AM

That's probably the most interesting MAC vs PC argument I've seen in this thread.

• YolosweggLord likes this

1- Time Traveler 2- Magnum XL-200 3- The Voyage 4- Velocicoaster 5-Iron Gwazi 6- Phantom's Revenge 7- The Beast 8- The Legend 9- Tiested Timbers 10- Steel Vengeance 

Follow me on Instagram @coastergeek987
Credit Count: 305

#44836 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

Lead Particle Physicist and Musical Orchestrator

• 2812 posts

Posted 24 November 2017 - 02:17 PM

iPhone that is indestructible,

Days of near-indestructible consumer devices are long gone. Companies can make so much more money with repairs and preventative accessories and maintenance than with a device that will cost a fortune but will be a one-time buy. At least I can drop my non-iPhone with a basic case with no fear of cracked screen or other issues. The same thing applies with software subscription models - why spend $200 once on Microsoft Office when you can spend a few bucks a month (forever) and keep a constant money supply coming in?

Member of a few physics experiments; Orchestrator and/or Copyist for a few musicals.

#44837 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 09:50 AM

Yeah that's a good point there, LaMbChOpZ. | Hmm.. I wonder what an indestructible phone would look like anyway? "Buy the new iLadon! Each of the 100 heads represents 1 GB of storage (100 GB total. Do the math, simpleton!) Equipped with bulletproof plexi glass and encased in spider silk! It can withstand crushing lava, college textbooks, and even McDonalds' regulars! Order now for just 69 easy payments of $420! 

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#44838 Spaghetti

Spaghetti

Golden State blew a 3-1 lead in the 2016 NBA Finals.

• 786 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 06:38 PM

I'm back after a long while. My k'nex is still put up however I have been more and more inspired to build as of Lately. Not much has happened in my last month besides me getting a drivers permit. Also I've noticed that I've passed my 3 year mark on this website, which is crazy to believe. At my local theme park we're getting a brand new eurofighter so I'm excited for that when it opens in the spring. How are you guys?

banner_georgia_scorcher3_sfog_0.jpg?itok

#44839 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 09:23 PM

Wow, even you have been here for a long time. I'm doing well. Driving permit... something I still don't have... because it's against my religion. 

Forum, I just had a thought: just imagine this: Every single day, you wake up as a different person. Literally... and not only that, but you also wake up in a new location. The only thing that doesn't change is your memories. You won't know what tomorrow will bring. You will wake up in both good and bad lives.

So here's where it gets juicy: would you stay awake at the cost of your sanity to stay in a certain life or would you sleep, knowing things will never be the same? 

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#44840 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 02:53 AM

^ In the long run, that would be horrible - think about it. Why should you eat healthy if you'll get a new body tomorrow? Why save money? Why try in school if your grades will be someone else's problem tomorrow? Why plan for your future at all? People would start making horrible choices because they know it won't affect them in the long run. Eventually, everyone's life would be horrible because no one would be taking care of themselves.

I can barely pull an all-nighter anymore, so I don't think I'd have a choice whether to sleep or not.