The Longest Thread

• Please log in to reply
45735 replies to this topic

#44781 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 09:23 AM

Good luck to thee fellow competitors! | I'm so excited for tomorrow! Friday the 13th. In OCTOBER. The next Friday the 13th of October is in 2023... but I have to work tomorrow. I'm okay with that. Edit: Oh, and in celebration of the special day, I shall be releasing the paranormal footage from the last house. 

Edit: Forum, happy Friday the 13th! As promised:

Spoiler
It's certainly a dreary day here. How fitting.

Some time ago, there was a woman named Marry Leeds, who lived in New Jersey. She gave birth to 12 children. By the time the 13th one came, she was in so much pain from childbirth that she said "Let this one be the devil". The wish was granted. The 13th child was a monster, that people would come to know as the Jersey Devil aka Leeds Devil. Horns of a goat, eyes of red fire, fangs of a wolf, claws of a demon, wings of a bat, and a tail of the devil's pitchfork describe this 13th child. 

To anyone working today or tonight, please post in TLT how busy it was. I'm curious. My prediction: about the same. So busy. 

Edited by SCM, 13 October 2017 - 08:11 AM.

I'm not done building yet. 

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#44782 Connector1o1

Connector1o1

Basic Engineer

• 1236 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 03:35 PM

Hey all! It’s been a while. How is everyone?

Edited by Connector1o1, 28 February 2018 - 10:17 PM.

Signature not available 

#44783 Old_Hag

Old_Hag

Lead Engineer

• 2205 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 05:15 PM

I spent the last couple days at ASTM in Arizona, which was a really cool experience. I also met some students from Cal Poly who know steelspectrum personally, so that was cool. Arizona and the southwest is a really cool place in general.

#44784 Spaghetti

Spaghetti

Golden State blew a 3-1 lead in the 2016 NBA Finals.

• 786 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 11:32 PM

I'm going to Portland in about two weeks to get outta the house and Illinois. Anyone know of anything fun to do? I've been researching, but I haven't been able to find anything good that I've seen and I wondered if anyone knows anything fun to do.

The Joker is currently being stored at the moment, and I am still working on it... and I have another idea to build right now and I'm getting antsy about not starting it. 
Also, college sucks... haha. I'm working 16 hours a week, 16 credit hours of college, flight lessons, and ground school, and I'm about to rip my hair out right now.

Oregonian here! The one park we have sucks and has no Coasters at the moment. Multanomah falls is very popular for tourists. Plane spotting at PDX is a fun assignment and so is going to the multiple brewing companies. If you have out to the coast and see the pacific and Astoria or Canon Beach. Looking forward to you coming out, have fun!

banner_georgia_scorcher3_sfog_0.jpg?itok

#44785 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 05:39 PM

Ah yes. At last, we get to join in with the Hurricane season as the remnants of a rather strong Ophelia shake us up a bit. Nothing really comparable to what the Caribbean had to deal with but gusts of over 100mph in southern Ireland are not to be sniffed at. Definitely not that strong here though. Maybe 60 or 70 but nothing we haven't had before. This season sure has been crazy.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#44786 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 01:07 AM

Absolutely crazy that a hurricane went toward Europe, even if it lost tropical status before getting there. I've never seen that before.

SSCoasters Staff
The SSCoasters Forum Rules

cincinnatibearcats07sp-1.jpg

GigaSonic XLC, Déjà Vu, Werewolf, WildSide, Thunderhawk, Kaibutsu, Diamondback, Couloir

SVengeance|Voyage|LightningRod|Goliath(SFGAm)|OutlawRun|Fury325|RF2|Taron|StormChaser|Orion|

Coaster Count: 300

#44787 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 06:46 PM

First major hurricane to come this far East. It surprised most that it even made it to that strength in the first place when it really had no right to.

I think a couple have come this way before but not in my lifetime. I'm pretty sure Ireland has been hit by an actual weak hurricane at some point but very rare indeed.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

Tyndrum

#44788 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 06:27 PM

I have a new customer story, and this is a first for me. When I sat an elderly couple in the corner booth (I'll explain), the lady was like "It's rude to seat people in the corner when you have empty tables." I just smiled awkwardly and handed them their menus. "Enjoy." Kinda felt bad for that... but I couldn't seat them just anywhere. There weren't enough servers on at the time. 

Anyone else ever had a time where a customer complained about chivalry, or lack thereof? 

Edited by SCM, 21 October 2017 - 09:11 AM.

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#44789 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 21 October 2017 - 04:49 PM

Whhhaaaaaaaaaaaat is this?

Want.

Tyndrum

#44790 BGTKing

BGTKing

Administrator

• 7516 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 06:22 AM

That's crazy looking.

#44791 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 01:00 PM

I think it would be very weird and probably quite disorienting experience... Sounds like fun :D

Tyndrum

#44792 IOAgeek

IOAgeek

Excited for Iron Gwazi!

• 1152 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 06:25 PM

You guys are like a month late or so lol but that slide looks awesome. Dont know how they will get the rafts back over to the loading area though.

#44793 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 06:42 PM

If you listen closely, you can hear someone writing a lawsuit in case this ever goes to America. 

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#44794 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

Lead Particle Physicist and Musical Orchestrator

• 2812 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 08:32 PM

Just saw a K'Nex commercial for the first time in years on TV. Brought back so many memories since I haven't built anything in years....

Edited by LaMbChOpZ, 24 October 2017 - 08:32 PM.

Member of a few physics experiments; Orchestrator and/or Copyist for a few musicals.

#44795 Spaghetti

Spaghetti

• 786 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 01:53 PM

I've had my K'nex up in storage for a while because I've been so busy. :( I had a really ambitious project I didn't have enough pieces for. I'll be building again soon.

Edited by Spaghetti, 25 October 2017 - 01:54 PM.

#44796 BGTKing

BGTKing

Administrator

• 7516 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 06:19 AM

Been super busy lately with work and raising my son. Turned 1 last month.

#44797 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 08:39 AM

*bows* Your majesty... I do so wish his highness a happy late birthday. | By the way, I was at my school at 6 am the other morning.. they play the news in the cafeteria. I was really tired so I might have heard wrong, but I think the news was talking about how people were... get this... planning to protest Trump's election by screaming to the sky. Something like that. lol wut... that is so random. Now excuse me as I protest against the sale of Legos by talking to a pineapple... 

Edit 2: You said it, Spaghetti... the only way this would make sense is if they used their voice as a sonic weapon, but using screams from tons of people wouldn't be precise enough to match the natural frequencies of a wall. Then again it's not often that I actually feel sane. Now, I do. Next year there will be a protest where people actually vote for whoever they're protesting against. 

Edited by SCM, 26 October 2017 - 12:01 PM.

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#44798 Spaghetti

Spaghetti

• 786 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 11:15 AM

*bows* Your majesty... I do so wish his highness a happy late birthday. | By the way, I was at my school at 6 am the other morning.. they play the news in the cafeteria. I was really tired so I might have heard wrong, but I think the news was talking about how people were... get this... planning to protest Trump's election by screaming to the sky. Something like that. lol wut... that is so random. Now excuse me as I protest against the sale of Legos by talking to a pineapple... 

Today is the day we rally against K'nex, boiz. We're going to protest K'nex not providing cheap SS Sets by screaming... at the ocean. Effective, right? Also, you weren't asleep or tired. On the one year anniversary of Donald Trump people are going to helplessly scream at the sky. People are getting crazier and crazier, man.

• SCM likes this

#44799 +Timmeh+

+Timmeh+

ranting somewhere about something

• 890 posts

Posted 28 October 2017 - 09:22 AM

Visited the aviation program at University of Cincinnati yesterday, looks like im gonna be a bearcat :P

Sic Parvis Magna
TimmehTheAmazing

#44800 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 28 October 2017 - 06:41 PM

I cringe whenever I see Christmas decorations outside of December. November I'm okay with. Anything below is... well, I know Christmas is the most profitable time of the year for companies, but for fvck's sake, let other holidays have their time. Halloween is my favorite holiday... but it's only there for a week, maybe two. Then, Christmas takes it away from me. 

Edit: By Celestia... I am still the god of new pages. :o 

Edited by SCM, 28 October 2017 - 06:41 PM.

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master