The Longest Thread

• Please log in to reply
45735 replies to this topic

#44801 BGTKing

BGTKing

Administrator

• 7516 posts

Posted 31 October 2017 - 07:05 AM

Happy Halloween! I'll be back out trick or treating for the first time in a 18+ years tonight with my son.

#44802 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 31 October 2017 - 01:15 PM

Yes! Happy Halloween everyone! ... and happy Nightmare Night, too. /) My favorite holiday is finally here! Unfortunately, I won't be trick or treating this year. (Usually I'm a psycho clown... and I do some acting, too. About three or four people requested to take photos with me. I've never felt so popular.) | Over 18 years without trick or treating is disturbing... :P | "Too old for free candy!?" *gasps* "NEVER!!!" 

Edit: I am so ready to fail this prob and stat test. Not sure if probability and statistics is more complex than it sounds, or it's really easy and I'm just too dumb. 

Edited by SCM, 01 November 2017 - 05:53 PM.

I'm not done building yet. 

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#44803 CartRacer56

CartRacer56

Inversion Enthusiast

• 1031 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 09:07 AM

I had fun time scaring the crap out of small children. I put on a scary grim reaper type costume (I wasnt grim reaper though) and laid in a wooden box made to be like a coffin. I banged the lid open and shut and then came out and gave kids candy. We had lights and a couple fog machines with a speaker playing spoopy music.

Also, I have mock interviews for school today. Did anyone else here ever have mock interviews? and how did they go?

#44804 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 01:49 AM

Never really got into Halloween. Dressing up was never really my thing but I don't mind the parties that come with it though.

Edited by CW5X, 02 November 2017 - 01:49 AM.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#44805 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 07:30 PM

I'm going to get a good night's sleep because I just saw a large spider crawling on my bed. 

Edit: That reminds me... many tutorials on this site are no longer viewable. Thank you, Photobucket. *slap* So uh, Cart, is it an invert? 

Edited by SCM, 05 November 2017 - 08:56 PM.

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#44806 CartRacer56

CartRacer56

Inversion Enthusiast

• 1031 posts

Posted 05 November 2017 - 01:12 PM

Started a new coaster. Tube supported. Can anyone show me how to make a good looking chain-return?

#44807 Gvus

Gvus

Just ride

• 1595 posts

Posted 05 November 2017 - 11:00 PM

I've been lurking around again the past couple days so I thought I should just say hi again. Didn't realize how long ago I joined this place, almost 5 years ago, close to a veteran tag I think haha. 

#44808 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 07:39 PM

Ohai, fellow SSC member. :) Ah, veteran tags... the tag earned by being here for 4+ years and having at least 100 posts. It's pretty crazy to think that I've been here for over 5 years. *sniff* Oh, the days of the chatbox... and a more active construction thread and a more active forum in general.

Kinda sucks to have spent 4 years and still have no tag... oh well. Maybe if by some strange event the forums become active again, there will be the means to update the tags, but SSC is being consumed by the cruel sands of time, and like Dorothy trapped in the hourglass, SSC will be but a memory. 

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#44809 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 12:31 AM

I spent the last couple days at ASTM in Arizona, which was a really cool experience. I also met some students from Cal Poly who know steelspectrum personally, so that was cool. Arizona and the southwest is a really cool place in general.

I was talking with Knexrule11 just now and realized that you're the guy my friends met at ASTM! Haha, they thought I was famous because random people knew about me. Now I wish I had gone! I'm glad you were able to go, though. ASTM is such a fantastic place to meet industry professionals and students. Did you go with Ohio State TPEG?

#44810 IonZer0

IonZer0

Wow, we can make these statuses really long now.

• 859 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 12:49 AM

HI guys, glad to see that the site is still around.  Now I get why all these old legends don't build much anymore, college is a huge commitment.  Good luck to everyone currently building!

Posted Image

TOP 10

1. I305 2. Fury325 3. Skyrush 4. Manta 5. Thunderhead 6. Stormrunner 7. Wildcat 8. Fahrenheit 9. Intimidator 10. Wild Eagle

I305 Count: 11

#44811 Britfag

Britfag

Everybody's Russian!

• 3818 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 05:48 AM

Oh my god it's been 10 years. 

How does life get so busy?

#44812 BGTKing

BGTKing

Administrator

• 7516 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 05:09 PM

It's amazing how old the Screamin' Serpent itself is. And amazing how badly K'NEX has screwed up their roller coasters in between.

#44813 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 06:16 PM

Amen to that, BGT. Maybe they should get some of the VV and SS builders on here to model for them. I'm sure it would sell better. I'm sure a lot of people look at the ones K'nex puts on store shelves like "That's $80? That's a gray rod and a yellow half moon and 2 pieces of half-cut orange safety track." If they had some more professional models (at the same price), people would be like "$80 is definitely a reasonable price for this beauty." 

Edit 11/9/17: It turned out I scored 55% on my prob and stats test... damn. I was so confident since I did great on the practice test. Luckily, we can do corrections. In my case, I can get up to 83. Definitely going for that. 

Oh and just as a side note: If anyone here ever becomes the head of a school board or whatever, please please PLEASE make it so that grades round up. Don't be that one asshole that's like "lel u made 79.9% u need 80.0% to pass" 

Edited by SCM, 09 November 2017 - 09:29 AM.

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#44814 +Timmeh+

+Timmeh+

ranting somewhere about something

• 890 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 09:18 PM

I have had a son of beast lift hill just sitting in my room since like December 2014 x.x

Im too lazy to start it again, like Ill put a few granites on it then get tired or bored.

• SCM likes this
Sic Parvis Magna
TimmehTheAmazing

#44815 CartRacer56

CartRacer56

Inversion Enthusiast

• 1031 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 10:51 AM

^That's what happens to me usually. Like, I'll start a project and make huge amounts of headway in the first couple of days, then get bored and take ages to build one foot of track. 

I have actually ran out of granite rods on the base of my new coaster. I'm going to need to switch to gold rods I guess. Really don't want to have to throw yellow into an all metallic base. :/

#44816 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 06:13 PM

College/university does take up huge amounts of time. I just can't build anything during semesters anymore which kinda sucks. Basically limits me to maximum 2 coasters a year certainly if they're of any size but I'm still sticking around even if I'm not posting a whole lot just now. My exams finish on the 15th of December and the itch to build is returning. Not anything huge but something.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#44817 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 10:48 AM

I'll also chime in on the lack of motivation/free time. I've had an RMC coaster sitting in the loft of my apartment for the past 3 months that I have yet to complete, it's about halfway done. I am also taking 4 classes, and working about 30-36 hours a week. Being an adult is exciting.

1- Time Traveler 2- Magnum XL-200 3- The Voyage 4- Velocicoaster 5-Iron Gwazi 6- Phantom's Revenge 7- The Beast 8- The Legend 9- Tiested Timbers 10- Steel Vengeance 

Follow me on Instagram @coastergeek987
Credit Count: 305

#44818 Gvus

Gvus

Just ride

• 1595 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 10:22 PM

I tried about a year ago to build a small VV woodie to sit on the top of a big bookshelf I had in my room, never got around to finishing it though. I'm not into college yet but still pretty busy, trying to balance school (junior year w/ 3 AP classes), work about 20-ish hours a week at a bike/ski shop, trying to figure out what colleges to tour, and racing is fun. Don't know how you guys in college do it all.

#44819 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

Lead Particle Physicist and Musical Orchestrator

• 2812 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 10:32 PM

I haven't built anything in a few years now. A messy combination of a lack of space, lack of support from family, and life getting busier makes it incredibly difficult. College really does eat up a lot of time, as I'm finding again. Unlike high school, it takes a hell more amount of work to do well doing college full-time while juggling an attempted social life and working two jobs. Even harder when I commute an hour each way to school 5 days a week. At least this semester is going very, very well (i.e. I'm actually taking physics courses, unlike what my first university let me do... ugh).

• Britfag likes this

Member of a few physics experiments; Orchestrator and/or Copyist for a few musicals.

#44820 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 01:39 PM

Only 3 more weeks of college until I graduate. It's bittersweet, for sure. But right now I'm too excited for IAAPA to think about school!