The Longest Thread

• Please log in to reply
45735 replies to this topic

#44961 Britfag

Britfag

Everybody's Russian!

• 3818 posts

Posted 26 March 2018 - 03:49 AM

I'm about to start a playthrough of RCT3, in stock format - no mods or custom scenery.. I realised I never made it to the end when I was younger and I'm looking for some real nostalgia. Keep your eyes open ;) 

#44962 BGTKing

BGTKing

Administrator

• 7516 posts

Posted 26 March 2018 - 07:17 AM

Good luck! I'm heading down to Disney for the week tomorrow. It always brings back urges to bust out RCT too.

#44963 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 27 March 2018 - 07:39 PM

I'm about to start a playthrough of RCT3, in stock format - no mods or custom scenery.. I realised I never made it to the end when I was younger and I'm looking for some real nostalgia. Keep your eyes open ;)

Are you trying to make cool parks, or just get through the game as fast as possible? That must be a trip. Just listening to the music from that game makes me feel nostalgic - every single one of them.

I just accepted a full-time job with Birket Engineering! They do ride control systems, including high-tech stuff like launches and lighting. Add me to the list of SSC-ers who made roller coasters a career  (H)

Now I have 1 week to film and tear down my coaster...

#44964 Britfag

Britfag

Everybody's Russian!

• 3818 posts

Posted 28 March 2018 - 04:33 AM

Are you trying to make cool parks, or just get through the game as fast as possible? That must be a trip. Just listening to the music from that game makes me feel nostalgic - every single one of them.

I just accepted a full-time job with Birket Engineering! They do ride control systems, including high-tech stuff like launches and lighting. Add me to the list of SSC-ers who made roller coasters a career  (H)

More towards making cool parks - I want to achieve gold on all levels, but not rush it.

Well done! How many members does that make now?

#44965 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

• 7526 posts

Posted 28 March 2018 - 10:37 AM

Me, Chubs, and Maverix are all that I'm aware of.

#44966 rgarner42

rgarner42

Construction Foreman

• 203 posts

Posted 28 March 2018 - 01:04 PM

Wow, Congrats!  

I definitely would have gone down the engineering route if maths was my thing, but unfortunately it's not. 

Edited by rgarner42, 28 March 2018 - 01:05 PM.

#44967 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 28 March 2018 - 08:24 PM

No one is going to have a clue what I'm talking about (do they ever? lol) but wow. I just applied an allpass filter to a sine wave, turned the resonance all the way up, added non-smooth volume automation at 1/16th of a note, automated the cutoff frequency at 1/16th of a note, made some steep automation clips (100% down to 0% real quick), set the BPM to 140 and played a note on C10. I turned down the master volume to 1%... because of the high resonance. Excruciating pain fell through my headphones. I mean I've forgotten to turn down the volume after distorting the flexi out of things and that did not hurt anywhere near as bad as this, and again, this was only at one percent! I didn't even know FL's meter could turn dark red. 

Edit: Oh My Celestia... hiiiii FrIeDeGgS!!!! 

Edited by SCM, 29 March 2018 - 09:26 AM.

I'm not done building yet. 

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#44968 FrIeDeGgS

FrIeDeGgS

Eurofighter Enthusiast

• 805 posts

Posted 28 March 2018 - 09:14 PM

I'm similarly playing through all the scenarios in RCTC, which has everything from rct1 and rct2 with all the rct1 expansions when you buy it initially and also has the rct2 expansions and the scenario editor as dlc. I don't really like the last part but it doesn't really matter since there are so many scenarios already in the game and you have to play through all them to unlock more like RCT1. 

Well, Science Olympiad is basically over now for this year which makes me both happy and sad. We managed to get 5th place out of 36 teams which got us a trophy so I was pretty happy even though I did pretty terrible individually, and the team that dominates every other high school in every other sport got first and went to nationals so that wasn't really surprising... On one hand I can finally work on other things like the coaster I haven't touched for five months, but on the other hand, it was tons of fun and my favorite event is gonna be gone next year... I only started doing it this year and it made me wish I'd started earlier!

I plan on going into mechanical engineering so hopefully I'm lucky enough to be on that list in some years...

39751.png

Sad that I no longer have 69 internets

Current Project: Un-named Eurofighter

#44969 TEDDSTER

TEDDSTER

Polar Bear

• 267 posts

Posted 30 March 2018 - 05:45 PM

For those who remember, did I ever post a thread on my Schwarzkopf Loop tutorial on the tutorial portion of the site? I haven't seen it so I don't think I did. I still have the tutorial up on my Youtube, so should I post it on here? Also starting up a "new" ride very soon so prepare yourselves... also, I still have the Joker in parts in my basement, so I'll get back to him sometime soon.

39797.png

#44970 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 01 April 2018 - 10:34 AM

Happy Easter, everyone! Also, April Fools! Here's a little music: 

Edit: Oh BTW, could you imagine if the government decided to publicly announce with sincerity that aliens exist? And they didn't realize it was April fools, so people would laugh it up without realizing the government just honestly admitted that aliens exist. 

Edited by SCM, 02 April 2018 - 07:30 AM.

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#44971 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 01 April 2018 - 06:24 PM

My April fools joke is my Easter 'Holiday'. In the 4th year of university, they don't really exist anymore.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#44972 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

• 7526 posts

Posted 03 April 2018 - 04:40 PM

I'm going to Silver Dollar City on Friday... does anyone have advice for that park? Will the lines be pretty long on a weekday? I'm only going for a few hours, but it would be nice to do everything since who knows when I'll be back!

#44973 CartRacer56

CartRacer56

Inversion Enthusiast

• 1031 posts

Posted 03 April 2018 - 06:25 PM

Lines will not be that bad if I had to guess. During the school days so Powder Keg and Thunderation will likely be walk-ons for most of the day as will Wildfire. If you havent been there before get a ride or two on Fire in the Hole. 

Out of curiosity, have you been there before? There is quite a bit to do there but never enough time. 

#44974 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

• 7526 posts

Posted 03 April 2018 - 10:11 PM

Nope, I've never been before, so I'm trying to do all the major rides and experience the theming I've heard so much about. Is there any food I need to get while I'm there? Do the rides have a place to set my bag if I bring one?

#44975 CartRacer56

CartRacer56

Inversion Enthusiast

• 1031 posts

Posted 04 April 2018 - 11:09 PM

I can't really speak for food. I never really get any at theme parks. But the rides all have cubbies for bags and loose items. Theming is a huge part of the park and even I haven't seen it all yet even after I think lose to 12 visits now. Definately get a couple rides on Wildfire, Outlaw Run, and Time Traveler if you can. Wildfire is better in the front IMO and Outlaw Run is better in the back if you are willing to deal with a slightly rougher ride. Powder Keg you want the front. Don't just do the big stuff though. It's the small rides that really lift the whole park up. (I.e. Flooded mine, Fire In The Whole, Lost River, Giant Barn Swing, etc)

Anyway, seperate thought.

Ho
Ly
Sh*t

Just got home from a Logic concert. The energy there was amazing and easily tops the Kiss, Journey, and Motley Crue concerts I've been to. He really knows how to hype and work the crowd. Unforgetable experience.

#44976 BGTKing

BGTKing

Administrator

• 7516 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 06:49 AM

That's awesome Steel! The economy in 2011 killed my dream of getting involved in the amusement industry too. Just weren't any jobs. Hard to change fields at this point. Maybe someday.

#44977 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

• 7526 posts

Posted 06 April 2018 - 09:48 AM

I can't really speak for food. I never really get any at theme parks. But the rides all have cubbies for bags and loose items. Theming is a huge part of the park and even I haven't seen it all yet even after I think lose to 12 visits now. Definately get a couple rides on Wildfire, Outlaw Run, and Time Traveler if you can. Wildfire is better in the front IMO and Outlaw Run is better in the back if you are willing to deal with a slightly rougher ride. Powder Keg you want the front. Don't just do the big stuff though. It's the small rides that really lift the whole park up. (I.e. Flooded mine, Fire In The Whole, Lost River, Giant Barn Swing, etc)

Thanks, that's really helpful! Looks like I'll have good weather while I'm there, narrowly missing a thunderstorm.

That's awesome Steel! The economy in 2011 killed my dream of getting involved in the amusement industry too. Just weren't any jobs. Hard to change fields at this point. Maybe someday.

Yeah the economy was pretty terrible when you got to the real world :/ You still won't make heaps of money working on theme parks, but it's a lot more feasible now!

#44978 BGTKing

BGTKing

Administrator

• 7516 posts

Posted 08 April 2018 - 06:51 PM

I got a new computer, a Surface Pro. Hopefully this will make it easier to update the website.

#44979 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 09 April 2018 - 05:23 PM

I'm really losing what little knowledge I had about computers. I didn't know what a 'Surface Pro' was until I looked it up. Anyway, I walked 20 minutes in cold rain today to go to school. Most of the puddles on the sidewalk were about 8 inches deep. A few of them may have been even deeper. My shoes became soaked with cold water, including my socks, but that didn't stop me. Neither rain nor shine could keep me from receiving my education. 

Edited by SCM, 09 April 2018 - 05:24 PM.

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#44980 BGTKing

BGTKing

Administrator

• 7516 posts

Posted 11 April 2018 - 07:16 PM

Internet is so slow at the hotel I am at for work.