The Longest Thread

• Please log in to reply
45735 replies to this topic

#45001 FrIeDeGgS

FrIeDeGgS

Eurofighter Enthusiast

• 805 posts

Posted 28 April 2018 - 07:35 PM

I've been watching this series where a guy explores abandoned or dying (few people coming through on a daily basis and few businesses still left) malls in the midwest area. Most of them were built in the 80s and either couldn't come up with the money to pay back what they used to build it, or were slowly overshadowed by other things in the area over time. It's really interesting to watch, and also makes me sorta sad, especially the completely abandoned malls. Something about seeing a place that was once filled with tons of people and seeing it completely abandoned and closed for good, likely to never be reopened makes me sad, even if its somewhere I've never actually been to. It makes me appreciate the mall closest to me which is still very busy and will probably be open for a long time. I actually used to hate going there when I was younger but I've grown to like it more since I usually go with my friends and they also remodeled it so more sunlight is coming in, which makes it feel nicer.

39751.png

Sad that I no longer have 69 internets

Current Project: Un-named Eurofighter

#45002 Spaghetti

Spaghetti

Golden State blew a 3-1 lead in the 2016 NBA Finals.

• 786 posts

Posted 03 May 2018 - 02:26 PM

Howdy fellas, I am alive. I may or may not be going to Six Flags Over Georgia this summer however I have no official plans yet. Spring has officially sprung in Oregon and the weather is amazing! What's this never-ending winter I keep hearing about?

banner_georgia_scorcher3_sfog_0.jpg?itok

#45003 CartRacer56

CartRacer56

Inversion Enthusiast

• 1031 posts

Posted 03 May 2018 - 08:37 PM

This whole thing going on with the Boy Scouts is out of control. So glad I'll have my Eagle before it officially starts surpressing males.

#45004 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 05 May 2018 - 12:27 AM

Howdy fellas, I am alive. I may or may not be going to Six Flags Over Georgia this summer however I have no official plans yet. Spring has officially sprung in Oregon and the weather is amazing! What's this never-ending winter I keep hearing about?

Must be nice in Oregon! I don't know what this winter thing is either, it's been pretty warm in Orlando. I've been so busy with my new job (and seeing a bunch of friends again) that I've hardly had any time for anything else. It's crazy to think that I've only been here for 4 weeks, yet it feels more like 4 months. Designing ride control systems at work has been a lot of fun so far and I'm really happy with the job I took, even though it's entirely electrical/controls and no mechanical design.

Tomorrow I'm looking at apartments to live in, which is exciting... I think that will finally help Orlando feel like home to me. Until now, I've been staying with a friend who has a Millennium Force tattoo on his leg.

#45005 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 06 May 2018 - 09:09 AM

Edit: I had a dream the other night where I looked at the grade I got for my Spanish final exam (the school cut off access to seeing grades. yep.)... and in the dream, I got a 90%. I was so excited! "Wow! I thought for sure I failed! :D" I said. Then, I woke up and realized the truth. Brain, that was cruel... 

v Ohai, Timmeh! Nice to see you 'round here. 

Edited by SCM, 08 May 2018 - 08:33 AM.

I'm not done building yet. 

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#45006 +Timmeh+

+Timmeh+

ranting somewhere about something

• 890 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 09:44 PM

Hey everyone! Sure has been a little since I've logged in here. Been busy with getting into college and what not.

Also put together my first custom PC build, got an i5 7600k & 1070ti. Been debating if I should sell my old 1050 or keep it for a little longer to see how high the value gets :P

Figured I'd ask if anyone in the Ohio area would be interesting in buying my knex, shoot me a PM if you're interested :P

Sic Parvis Magna
TimmehTheAmazing

#45007 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 08 May 2018 - 01:11 PM

Just my Architecture folio to go now. Can't wait to get this year over and done with. It's been a bit of a pain with all the group work but I think I only have a total of 3 exams left next year and then I'm done with Uni. Kinda scary but exciting. My dissertation will be interesting as I don't know what I'm doing as of yet but my 5th year Architecture project is completely free choice. You can do anything as long as you can justify everything and develop your proposal. Sounds pretty fun.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#45008 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 10 May 2018 - 08:48 AM

So I was putting my knex away just five minutes ago when a spider came crawling on my bed, and likely on my hand and first. It was a spider I have never seen before... I looked it up, and I think it's a Heptagonal Orb-Weaver. I feel bad for killing it... it looked kinda pretty. I just didn't know what to do in the moment, and I didn't want it to crawl under my bed, because who knows how many spiders are under there - yes, I know at least one huge spider is down there, as well as a roach. | Call me weird, but I think jumping spiders are so adorable! Unlike those roaches, which shouldn't even exist. Blegh. 

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#45009 BGTKing

BGTKing

Administrator

• 7516 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 01:25 PM

Anyone have anything special planned for their mom's this weekend?

#45010 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

• 7526 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 02:25 PM

I'm meeting my parents in NH for my sister's graduation, so we'll get to spend Mother's Day in Boston. I'm pretty excited cause I've never been farther northeast than DC.

#45011 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 08:01 PM

Edit: I'm going to be gone for the semester, which starts tomorrow. I have to get all A's and I'm not allowed to do anything but study. I'm sure going to miss you guys.... well, maybe not all of you. *cough* SCM *cough*. By the way, I have been packing away my knex for storage. I want to make something, though... but first, my room needs to be cleaned. It hasn't been cleaned since Neutron Star. So yep, this is goodbye, forum... but not farewell. 

Edited by SCM, 13 May 2018 - 05:12 PM.

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#45012 Jogumpie

Jogumpie

Living through the great Gump hiatus...

• 13586 posts

Posted 14 May 2018 - 07:42 AM

http://www.sscoaster...where-i-am-r260

Yeah, you have a guess...

SSCoasters Administrator
The SSCoasters Forum Rules
DD_signature.jpg
YoutubeButton.pngFacebookButton.png

#45013 BGTKing

BGTKing

Administrator

• 7516 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 06:31 AM

So what's the answer?

#45014 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

• 7526 posts

Posted 19 May 2018 - 01:08 AM

...I would guess somewhere in Japan? Fuji-Q would be cool, but Universal is probably more likely.

I'm moving into my first apartment next weekend! The guy I'm sharing with is also a huge roller coaster nerd (I met him while working at Dynamic Attractions). We're trying to get approval to work on that SFX model I built and get it ready for IAAPA this year. Will keep you guys updated!

#45015 Chaos

Chaos

Lead Engineer

• 1348 posts

Posted 19 May 2018 - 07:08 AM

^Awesome! I plan to be at IAPPA this year! Looking forward to seeing it!

#45016 commando

commando

Actual Engineer

• 1982 posts

Posted 19 May 2018 - 11:21 AM

RMC just posted shirts for sale on facebook. Gotta get me an RMC V neck 

https://www.sunfrog.com/Rmc

#45017 Jogumpie

Jogumpie

Living through the great Gump hiatus...

• 13586 posts

Posted 20 May 2018 - 11:00 PM

So what's the answer?

That was Thunder Dolphin in Tokyo Dome City. The days after that I went to the Tokyo Disney Resort. Right now I'm in Nagashima Spa Land (Steel Dragon 2000 is amazing!). I will also go to Universal's in Osaka and Fuji-Q Highland later during my Japan holiday. It's really exciting so far and I'm not just talking about the roller coasters.

SSCoasters Administrator
The SSCoasters Forum Rules
DD_signature.jpg
YoutubeButton.pngFacebookButton.png

#45018 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 09:05 AM

Done! Done! I'm finished! That's it! Folio handed in and ready to absolutely fall asleep where I'm sitting.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#45019 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 09:32 PM

(Only back for a short while) I looked up where the picture was taken by looking at different locations for Bubba Gump in Japan. I eventually ended up on Tokyo Dome City. Possibly the smartest way I've ever looked for anything. 

Edit: If I may... this place has gone downhill. We used to be a family here, a community... but now this place feels like a lost city. Oh, what I wouldn't give for this place to be as active as it used to be. This site has such a rich history for me. (Sappy warning) I came here from YouTube as a hyperactive and over-talkative, annoying little noob. This place helped me grow up a lot, which is kind of ironic considering this site is based around a 'toy'. I'm not just talking about the chatbox - well, mostly - but everywhere else on the site, too. I miss the good ol' days of SSC. I must also say I miss the chatbox. That's where I really got to connect with the other members on here, where I became friends with them... and also on the forums. 

Edited by SCM, 25 May 2018 - 12:22 PM.

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#45020 BGTKing

BGTKing

Administrator

• 7516 posts

Posted 26 May 2018 - 10:30 AM

Anyone building on this long weekend?