45735 replies to this topic

#45041 commando

commando

Actual Engineer

• 1982 posts

Posted 16 June 2018 - 08:15 PM

Stumbled across this on youtube:

https://www.youtube....h?v=5iIwUmQheSc

Was anyone every successful in getting LSM or LIM propulsion working on a kenx coaster? 

#45042 EpochEmu

EpochEmu

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 June 2018 - 08:52 AM

^Not that I know of, but I'm new.

Recommended was a fast LIM:

https://www.youtube....h?v=ElRBbptAdQE

#45043 Chaos

Chaos

Lead Engineer

• 1348 posts

Posted 17 June 2018 - 10:13 PM

Just joined, discord. There were a couple coaster groups I'd seen that posted invites, but the post here finally convinced me to check it out. I kind of like it. I wouldn't be able to set up the server myself, but I definitely think an SSC discord would be a good idea.

#45044 FrIeDeGgS

FrIeDeGgS

Eurofighter Enthusiast

• 805 posts

Posted 18 June 2018 - 09:37 AM

An SSC discord would be great. It could replace the old chatroom that we've been missing, and people could even get on voice chat too. We'd probably be the first knex roller coaster discord, and maybe we could even get more new people through having a discord! I don't think the discord replacing this site would become an issue either since it's easier to keep up with construction threads here.

• SCM and EpochEmu like this

39751.png

Sad that I no longer have 69 internets

Current Project: Un-named Eurofighter

#45045 DDRman732865

DDRman732865

Going Back for Master's for some reason

• 5251 posts

Posted 20 June 2018 - 08:33 AM

Well, it's been way too long since I've been on, looks like a couple of older members have returned as well. 

Any new developments in the last 2 years or so?

#45046 Old_Hag

Old_Hag

Lead Engineer

• 2205 posts

Posted 20 June 2018 - 04:47 PM

Hey guys, it's been a while. I've been busy over the past two summers at interships (both in manufacturing). Not sure how I like it to be honest. I think I want to do at least one more internship outside of manufacturing.

Anyway, I was watching a POV of Twisted Timbers and there was a song in the background (sounded like maybe a 50's doo wop song or something and I low key am a fan) that sounded interesting to me. Is anyone here familiar with what they play in the station? I figured there might be a chance someone here knew it if they use a regular playlist.

https://www.youtube....eature=youtu.be

And speaking of RMC...Steel Vengeance is unbelievable.

#45047 DDRman732865

DDRman732865

Going Back for Master's for some reason

• 5251 posts

Posted 21 June 2018 - 07:06 AM

Twisted Timbers looks like the type of ride we'd criticize someone for making because it was unrealistic back in 2010. That and Steel Vengence look fun as hell though.

#45048 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 21 June 2018 - 01:05 PM

Or maybe 2008? I was thinking of Coaster55's first model on SSC, Tesla.

http://www.sscoaster...sters/tesla-r76

#45049 Old_Hag

Old_Hag

Lead Engineer

• 2205 posts

Posted 21 June 2018 - 06:34 PM

DDR, I had the exact same thought. It's so awesome to see RMC do the extremely creative stuff that they do. I feel like I'm riding on rides I've dreamed about as a kid.

#45050 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 23 June 2018 - 12:53 PM

Been watching a lot of the World Cup recently. So many goals being scored and there haven't been too many boring cagey games. No 0-0 games so far which is nice. Lots of upsets/surprises too.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#45051 rgarner42

rgarner42

Construction Foreman

• 203 posts

Posted 24 June 2018 - 01:31 PM

Been watching a lot of the World Cup recently. So many goals being scored and there haven't been too many boring cagey games. No 0-0 games so far which is nice. Lots of upsets/surprises too.

Yeah, me too. It's been a good watch so far, been a few boring games but a few belters too :D I hope it's not going to have too much impact on the results of my finals, still got a couple of exams to go! Still they only come round every four years and England haven't laboured as much as normal. 

#45052 BGTKing

BGTKing

Administrator

• 7516 posts

Posted 25 June 2018 - 05:32 AM

At the hospital.  Baby #2 should be here today.

• EpochEmu likes this

#45053 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 25 June 2018 - 05:31 PM

Congratulations BGT. The first always needs a sibling to keep them on their toes ;)

Yeah, me too. It's been a good watch so far, been a few boring games but a few belters too :D I hope it's not going to have too much impact on the results of my finals, still got a couple of exams to go! Still they only come round every four years and England haven't laboured as much as normal.

Don't let it get in your way too much ;). England have been playing some decent stuff but Belgium will give a better idea of where the team is at. They've done it all right so far though and maybe the confidence from the first 2 games will carry. Should be interesting to watch.

Edited by CW5X, 25 June 2018 - 05:32 PM.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#45054 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 27 June 2018 - 09:38 PM

#RANT. I have to do a math test. It turns out that I can't even do algebra. (It's for a university.) 5% I can do, 85% I don't remember how to do, and the remaining 10% involve things I don't remember ever being taught. I've always cherished my intelligence, and not being able to understand something really gets to me... especially if I see it as something easy. By the way, that's right, I'm going off to a college, away from home. I guess this means I'll be gone from the forums for a while... but it's not like I'm of much use around here anymore, anyway. 

I'm not done building yet. 

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#45055 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 28 June 2018 - 07:55 AM

^ Math is probably the first thing I forget when I don't use it for a while. Congrats on going off to college though! That's such a fun time. I'm sure you'll find time to check in on the forums here and there. I mean, what else are you going to do in between classes?

By the way. Our 3D printer has arrived and I couldn't be happier :D

One of our first prints is a section of track with K'Nex rails.

Attached File  media-1530188106560-Jun_28_2018_8_11_AM.jpg   126.26KB   1 downloadsAttached File  20180627_224823-01.jpeg   187.67KB   0 downloads

#45056 Chaos

Chaos

Lead Engineer

• 1348 posts

Posted 28 June 2018 - 03:33 PM

Whoa! Is that track compatible with the SS cars?

#45057 Chubs33

Chubs33

Roller Coaster Humanist

• 2842 posts

Posted 28 June 2018 - 06:40 PM

I'll have to come over and check that thing out, Ryan.

I still occasionally lurk on these forums since it is the very least I can do in return for how great SSC was for me all those years. It is unfortunate to see that the peak activity is most likely behind us, but who knows... K'Nex could make a comeback and then a new wave of builders will come in.

I've been a professional in the amusement industry for a little over 3 years now at Falcon's Creative Group, which is hard to believe. I've been able to touch a lot of different projects in that time, which is definitely a highlight. National Geographic Encounter in Times Square and Atlantis Resort in Sanya, China are two that are public that I can talk about if anyone is interested. Battle for Eire at BGW is another project Falcon's worked on, but admittedly I was not involved with it. Most of what I do is Technical Design (i.e. 2D & 3D modeling software) but I've also been more involved in the budgetary side of things as of recently.

My point is, life is good. I'm getting married in September and despite being a cringe-worthy teen on this site, I am a functioning adult (kinda). Working in the amusement industry has been great to me thus far and I can't help but wonder if I would have made it to this point in my life if my passion for roller coasters wasn't aided by this website. 

I hope everything went smoothly with the second baby, BGT! Boy or girl?

Check out my blog: Life Is A Roller Coaster

(Coaster count: 504)

Blitzen Cyber Chase Prowler Tuscarora Ra: God of Sun Jersey Thunder Phoenix La Bestia Ripsaw

#45058 BGTKing

BGTKing

Administrator

• 7516 posts

Posted 28 June 2018 - 08:17 PM

Our baby girl was born this past Monday morning. She and Mama are doing good.

• Chubs33 and YolosweggLord like this

#45059 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 28 June 2018 - 08:28 PM

Good to hear King! Congrats!

SSCoasters Staff
The SSCoasters Forum Rules

cincinnatibearcats07sp-1.jpg

GigaSonic XLC, Déjà Vu, Werewolf, WildSide, Thunderhawk, Kaibutsu, Diamondback, Couloir

SVengeance|Voyage|LightningRod|Goliath(SFGAm)|OutlawRun|Fury325|RF2|Taron|StormChaser|Orion|

Coaster Count: 300

#45060 YolosweggLord

YolosweggLord

Construction Foreman

• 138 posts

Posted 28 June 2018 - 10:50 PM

That's amazing! It always feels good to hear about new life coming into this world.