The Longest Thread

• Please log in to reply
45735 replies to this topic

#45681 RCT2123

RCT2123

Most Rides Cancelled :-)

• 5771 posts

Posted 01 December 2021 - 01:09 PM

Oh man, I did not recognize your new name. Hope all has been well! Remember the radii vs traditional supports drama from way back in the day? So funny to think about it now.

In knex coaster news, this guy made an LSM launch for fun. Would love to see something similar on a knex coaster. Might try it out myself when my kid gets a bit older.

Posted Image

#45682 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 03 December 2021 - 11:21 AM

^knexpert06 has been renamed for Zorn for several years now. This was after one of those April fools name changes. ZornHub, in this case.  

Quick PSA: If anyone is seeing a lot of ladybugs in their place, then those aren't ladybugs. They're Asian lady beetles. They're there to get away from the upcoming Winter. The orange ones can be a little agressive. They seem to be attracted to light and/or warmth, so use that to your advantage to capture them in a container. Do not squish them. The poor things don't mean any harm. Don't be a Lego. They will stain if you squish them. 

Try not to freak them out, because then they'll release a poison that isn't known to be harmful to humans, but still stains. 

... 2000th post!?  :o

Ah, yes, launches. I look forward to making my non-electronic launch of potentially infinite speed. 

I wonder how fast knex rods can spin within a connector before the heat from the friction causes them to warp? 

Edit: I am graduating from college on the 13th. I am genuinely optimistic because of the date. 

Edited by SCM, 09 December 2021 - 11:40 AM.

I'm not done building yet. 

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#45683 CrayCray for coasters

CrayCray for coasters

Construction Foreman

• 292 posts

Posted 10 December 2021 - 08:56 AM

i still need to finish development on my new launches and the wheel hubs, i just havent had the time, i will make an attempt on the launch tonight

hello there.   I'm CrayCray for Coasters and i truly am

YT: https://www.youtube....TtN7habMCySGc0A

#45684 Maxlaam

Maxlaam

Tracing Tyrant's Steps

• 8116 posts

Posted 13 December 2021 - 02:49 PM

Hello there!

SSCoasters Administrator
Read The Forum Rules(smart)

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#45685 RCT2123

RCT2123

Most Rides Cancelled :-)

• 5771 posts

Posted 19 December 2021 - 09:59 PM

Hello there!

<3

Posted Image

#45686 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 20 December 2021 - 11:11 AM

^^Ohai. 

https://www.target.c...939#lnk=sametab

Found another one of these. Same layout, different color scheme. I could definitely use some of those colors for themeing a coaster I'm definitely not making another prototype for. 

Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas, Happy Hearth'swarming, etc. 

Edited by SCM, 25 December 2021 - 07:04 PM.

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#45687 OddlyCreative

OddlyCreative

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 27 December 2021 - 02:57 AM

Happy Holidays everyone! Haven't been here in a while.

RCT123, I saw that video and thought about K'nex coaster launches as well. My only concern with it was that it seemed very complex, expensive, and it took him a lot of time to wrap the coils. I wonder how much power would be needed to launch a K'nex train.

I am in the process of making a launch as well. I posted about it in the building help section.

Regards,
OddlyCreative

#45688 CartRacer56

CartRacer56

Inversion Enthusiast

• 1031 posts

Posted 27 December 2021 - 01:32 PM

Never thought I would be one of those members who would pop back in and say "Been a while, hasn't it?" But... It's been a while, hasn't it?

First off I hope everyone has had a good holiday season and that new year's will treat everyone well. 

Holy cow, I moved out. Yeah, that happened. It feels amazing to get out from under the ruling of my parents and I'm the happiest I've been in quite some time. I've got a lift hill built in my room of my apartment (roommate vetoed putting the coaster in the living room). Progress is slow moving, but 1 piece a day will still finish a coaster eventually  (lol)  I'm in the midst of figuring out a pre-drop but it's mildly tricky due to the space I have available. I'm yet to find a way to make it look natural and not squished or too abrupt but I'll find a way eventually. Work and my new favorite hobby of sim racing has taken up most of my time. I stream my league races on twitch under the same name I use here if anyone is interested. I'm about to have less time since I'm taking 2 CAD classes in the spring. 

I own 3 corn snakes now.
Dug is a 1 year old normal male snake and he's just now going through his first shed with me. I got him about a month and a half ago now and he refuses to do anything but eat and hide. 
Ink Blot is a 4 month old Palmetto male corn snake and can't get enough food. He is a very docile snake and I love how vibrant his colors are.
Aspen is about 6 months old and is a tessera with an unknown gene in there making her look more yellow than red. It could be the het lavender showing through but I'm too inexperienced to say that for certain. She is SO SKITTISH. She will zoom faster than you can handle if you don't hold her absolutely perfectly.

Unfortunately though, my dad caught covid about a month ago and it hit him really hard. He went to the ER twice and the 2nd time he was there he had to stay for about 4 days because blood clots developed in his lungs and lower legs. He's going to be on a crutch for some time but should make a full recovery in about 6-8 months. It hit me mentally seeing him like that, it's the first time I truly realized my best friend isn't going to be around for ever and that's a tough thing to realize. Also, 2 DAYS BEFORE CHRISTMAS my youngest brother shatters his left ankle in gymnastics practice and had to get surgery on Christmas Eve to get screws put in. He missed the foam pit while doing a dismount from High Bar and landed on concrete instead. The force was roughly equivalent to falling off a 3 story building. You would think he would've learned after getting away with only a bruised heel bone after doing the exact same thing 3 weeks earlier but what do I know haha.

Christmas itself was absolutely amazing though. I got an Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060 Super, Darlington race tickets for the NASCAR races on may 7th and 8th, and some other smaller items. My middle brother got a new iPhone and a smart watch while my youngest brother got a switch. 

I hope everyone here is doing well! I'll see everyone whenever I decide to post a picture or 2 of that coaster I talked about.

Edited by CartRacer56, 27 December 2021 - 01:33 PM.

#45689 BGTKing

BGTKing

Administrator

• 7516 posts

Posted 29 December 2021 - 10:32 AM

Hope everyone had a great Christmas!

• G Force and SCM like this

#45690 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 20 January 2022 - 07:15 PM

^I did. It was too warm for my liking, but I got Undertale and DDLC for Switch. If only I had the space to build a full coaster right now. I've just been making small sections of future coasters I hope to make. Hopefully someone out there will be inspired by them. 

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#45691 RightWayTrey

RightWayTrey

Automatic or nothing

• 702 posts

Posted 29 January 2022 - 09:22 PM

Checking back in after not posting in awhile.  I think my last post was 9 years ago or something like that.  Wild.

Stoked that this place is still around.  Forums like this really are from the glory days of the internet (i'm really starting to feel old now).

Hoping I can check in a little more often and see what everyone's building!

Posted Image

Valleyfair Recres:..........My Tutorials:......

................Steel Venom................Automatic Station Gates.......

..........Corkscrew...................Automatic Drill Launch....

...Round About................Auto on/off switch..

#45692 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 30 January 2022 - 04:36 PM

^Yooo I saw you were on last night! I haven't seen you in forever. Hai! 

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#45693 BGTKing

BGTKing

Administrator

• 7516 posts

Posted 02 February 2022 - 03:17 PM

Good to see you RWT!

#45694 DDRman732865

DDRman732865

Going Back for Master's for some reason

• 5251 posts

Posted 04 February 2022 - 09:46 AM

Ayy RWT, good to see you. I think you'd appreciate my current project.

I just ordered a set of ball bearings, I'm going to try that wheel assembly replacement. Might even try designing my own cars. Having a 3D printer helps a lot. 

#45695 RightWayTrey

RightWayTrey

Automatic or nothing

• 702 posts

Posted 10 February 2022 - 12:47 PM

Hey man!   I was checking out some of your older builds the other night, man that really brought me back. :) 

Love the custom trains!   The speed on your outdoor coaster was super impressive!  Do you have it stored away for the winter? 

Posted Image

Valleyfair Recres:..........My Tutorials:......

................Steel Venom................Automatic Station Gates.......

..........Corkscrew...................Automatic Drill Launch....

...Round About................Auto on/off switch..

#45696 The Stig

The Stig

Some say...

• 4609 posts

Posted 11 February 2022 - 03:38 PM

Sometimes, I catch a glimpse in my mirror and think, "Yikes. Who's this goofy looking old dude?"

#45697 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 11 February 2022 - 05:45 PM

All we know is... he's called The Stig. 

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#45698 TheRandomGuy

TheRandomGuy

Sample Text

• 2058 posts

Posted 12 February 2022 - 01:56 PM

Hey everyone! Long time, no see! It's been forever since I've last posted here. 

I've been lurking here the past few years and I love seeing what people have been building lately. New builds have become so advanced, it's nuts. If you would've told me years ago, back when tube supports started catching on, about 3D printed parts, let alone wheel assemblies, I'd be in disbelief. It's mind-boggling how far K'nex coasters have come.

Hope all you guys are doing well! I'll hopefully get back to building in the foreseeable future. Now, if only I could get my hands on some VV cars with ball-bearing wheels...

The signature you have requested is not available at the moment. We apologize for the inconvenience.

#45699 BGTKing

BGTKing

Administrator

• 7516 posts

Posted 13 February 2022 - 09:48 AM

Good to see everyone stopping back by!

#45700 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 17 March 2022 - 09:39 PM

Forum, I am happy to announce that, after 6 years, I finally have a fully working ceiling fan! I will be showing it off in the next video I make, which will be a test run of a future invert. 

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master