background story blitzcoaster maverick outerlimits659

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#41 coastercrazy10

coastercrazy10

Mad Scientist

• 7008 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 10:45 AM

I'd say based on the fact that he's using blue/red as a base rod, probably quite a few. Wouldn't surprise me in the least if he had a hyperspace training tower.

Looks good, but yes do try to fix the track splice bump...it's best if they're at a straight-ish part in the ride, but sometimes you can't help it. Since you're not too far along i think you'll be able to re-tube it to minimize speed loss when you get to a good point to do so.

-CC10

SSCoasters Staff | The SSCoasters Forum Rules
University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign | Computer Science & Mathematics
Posted Image
Fireball | Kingda Ka | Inclination | Diamondback

#42 Outerlimits659

Outerlimits659

Lead Engineer

• 1448 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 11:35 AM

Guitarist: See my reply to CC10. Also, about those knex men parts....they're all in here:

Posted Image

CC10: How did you know I had a Hyperspace Training tower?? lol. Unfortunately I've already had to splice the tubing two times, and I'm barely halfway through the turn. :sdd I'll probably retrack it soon to get rid of those splice bumps. I may even use purple tubing on the outside instead, seeing as I have much longer pieces of them. So ignore the splice bump(s). :)

I did a bit more on the turn, and it looks pretty good so far IMO. I was just wondering if I should make it bigger...or smaller..or just keep it as it is. What do you guys think??

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Comments.....PLZ!!!

Posted Image

TTD l I305 l MF l Maverick l Dueling Dragons l Montu l Apollo's Chariot l Raptor l Hulk l Kumba

#43 the_burrito_master

the_burrito_master

mili force 10 years late.

• 2879 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 01:21 PM

It looks good! much better than maverick's drop and turn lol.

I have like 6 knex men so I have a lot of those BALL SOCKETS ,BALL JOINT ,AND Y CONNECTORS. that is what they're called.

#44 Outerlimits659

Outerlimits659

Lead Engineer

• 1448 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 02:48 PM

One comment?? :'( Oh well.

^Oh, so that's what they're called lol. Thanks though. Also, I'm sorry if you can't see these pics. I had to use Imageshack cause the SSC gallery was giving me trouble.I'm pretty much done with the turn, all that's left is to unbank it into an airtime hill under the lift. My cars have very little speed but I still have to weigh/lube them....also I thought I spotted a straight spot or sharp spot in the turn, but I can't really see it now. Please point it out if you see it. Pics...

Posted Image

Posted Image
Sorry for blurriness here.

Posted Image
Looks a little weird at the end of the turn I know. I'll try to fix that. Also please note that I am NOT completely done with some of the supports.

Comment plz!!

Posted Image

TTD l I305 l MF l Maverick l Dueling Dragons l Montu l Apollo's Chariot l Raptor l Hulk l Kumba

#45 Kool Coaster Kid

Kool Coaster Kid

Fellow Canadian

• 2102 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 03:01 PM

Looks good but what is up next?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

^Thanks Steel^

1) Leviathan 2) Behemoth 3) Vortex 4) Sheikra 5) Kumba 6) Kraken 7) Montu 8) Manta 9) Dragon Fire 10) Gwazi

#46 da master826

da master826

Friend of GLaDOS

• 1306 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 05:47 PM

A hill, he even said it in his post. I think it might be better if it was a stengal dive to the left but, maybe that's just me.

Anyway this looks as great as a turn can be.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Posted Image
Intimidator305, El Toro, Maverick, Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey, Top Thrill Dragster

#47 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 07:35 PM

Your track looks perfect, but those supports are really weak (I know, you said they weren't final). Try not to use just those ball-and-socket joints if you can, and makes stronger connections to the box supports.
But once you fix that, it will look great.

#48 christian

christian

Lead Engineer

• 1662 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 09:26 PM

What happened to the little story that goes along with it or did I miss something?
^ Yep, pretty much.

-MIBB)

#49 msoccerkidm

msoccerkidm

Engibeer

• 699 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 10:43 PM

this looks really good, and i think i would have to agree with da master, a stengel dive to the left would be sick.

Posted Image
thanx CC10

#50 MP thrill rides

MP thrill rides

Lead Engineer

• 1973 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 11:02 PM

I think it looks really cool. Even though it is a small coaster it is still really smooth and cool.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#51 Renegade

Renegade

Valleyfair Poster!

• 323 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 07:07 AM

I think maybe an airtime hill under the lift (headchopper) would be nice. Make it a Blitz/Megalite type of coaster. Unless of course you already have a layout planned.

Posted Image
Valleyfair's Most Comprehensive Online Guide!

Dude... Really? Now you're giving Guitarist a reason to post...

#52 Outerlimits659

Outerlimits659

Lead Engineer

• 1448 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 02:31 PM

Thanks for comments everyone!!

MIB: I decided to quit doing the story, I was getting tired of it.

st33lspectrum: Believe it or not, these are some of the strongest supports I've made. It's really hard to explain but I use two ball-and-socket connectors at each support. The bending of one is prohibited by the position of the other and vice-versa. I'll post a close-up pic later to show what I mean if you want.

And now, for the next element. Due to the amount of requests for a stengle dive to the left I decided to go with one. I've found that they're a lot of fun to build too. :) Pics...

Posted Image

Posted Image
Looks a little weird here, right before the top support. It'll be fixed.

Posted Image
Here you can see some behemoth-styled seating on the cars that I was debating about using
Also, as I have posted before, supporting is NOT FINISHED!!! And now, if you would be so kind as to....

COMMENT!!!

Posted Image

#53 G Force

G Force

Yea Man

• 1098 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 03:20 PM

It could be banked a little more or be a little taller but its very nice. Nice work!

#54 rollercoasterfanatic919

rollercoasterfanatic919

Switch 360!

• 3357 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 03:47 PM

Wow, that's actually really smooth and heartlined. You could always add a bit more banking, but if it doesn't go too fast over it, you can leave it. Nice job, better that I expected!

RCFSIG.png

FF.png

MF | Toro | TTD | Maverick | Ka | Griffon | Nitro | Storm Runner | Skyrush | Phoenix

Coaster Count: 73 | YouTube Channel

#55 CabbyJake50

CabbyJake50

BANNED

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 04:16 PM

What are you planning to do after the over banked curve?

I have no clue what to put in my sig.:sws
nvm found something!

90% of teens would cry if Myspace or Facebook were deystroyed .If you are part of the 10 % that would sit and laugh copy and paste this into your sig.

#56 knexems

knexems

Aminspec Employee

• 887 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 05:04 PM

I agree with ^^^&^^, you should bank it more.

Posted Image]

Posted Image

Posted Image <---If only...

#57 Outerlimits659

Outerlimits659

Lead Engineer

• 1448 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 09:49 AM

Alright guys, I could really use some opinions here. I've been trying to get a taller and more banked stengle dive but it seems to turn out worse every time (and I've alread made about 5 attempts at it) I debated about doing a hill instead, but I had big problems with the transitions. As if that wasn't enough, I'm not sure that I'd have enough space for my planned layout. :sdd

Now don't get me wrong, this isn't canceled. I was just asking if it would be fine with you guys if I changed my whole layout ( a.k.a going back to just the drop and pullout). What do you think??

Posted Image

#58 DeAzncy

DeAzncy

Lead Engineer

• 1389 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 12:40 PM

fine with me. just dont stress out too much on your coaster.

Posted Image

^Thnx CC10^

#59 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 01:40 PM

I liked the layout so far, but it just didn't seem like you could fit a lot after it. I say you should go back to the pullout and re-do it.

#60 metallicais1337

metallicais1337

Guitar Hero Addict

• 1357 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 02:28 PM

I think you should raise the whole thing at least 2 green rods. The only way you can really have a good layout is if the beginning has some height/size to it.

http://www.youtube.com/metallicais1337
^My YouTube Channel (FL Studio songs, Custom Guitar Hero charts)^

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: background story, blitzcoaster, maverick, outerlimits659