background story blitzcoaster maverick outerlimits659

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#61 coasterfanatic11

coasterfanatic11

Who said that?!?

• 1190 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 07:58 AM

^blitzcoasters are exactly that. Look at maverick. Did it have a huge hill after that turn? No. Did it turn out fine? Yes.

In other words, I think it's just fine. supports are a little few and far between, but as long as it doesn't effect the speed, I'm fine with it.

-cf11 :cool:

Posted Image

^props to CAC!^

Check out Semeru!

#62 metallicais1337

metallicais1337

Guitar Hero Addict

• 1357 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 08:19 AM

^I meant the drop. Note how Maverick's first drop is enough for an entire layout, while currently OL659's barely has enough for a stengel dive.

http://www.youtube.com/metallicais1337
^My YouTube Channel (FL Studio songs, Custom Guitar Hero charts)^

#63 Outerlimits659

Outerlimits659

Lead Engineer

• 1448 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 08:34 AM

It's a stengle dive and a turn. Plus, at the time that it didn't clear the stengle dive, supporting was incomplete and my cars were unweighted and unlubed. And as one more thing, the K'nex Maverick had a way longer layout and used a booster for the correct proportions. Sorry if this came out as harsh, I'm just saying that my layout will hopefully conserve as much speed as possible and will be pretty short.

Does anybody have any layout ideas or elements that they would like to see here??

Posted Image

TTD l I305 l MF l Maverick l Dueling Dragons l Montu l Apollo's Chariot l Raptor l Hulk l Kumba

#64 CabbyJake50

CabbyJake50

BANNED

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 08:40 AM

I would like to see a Twisted Horseshoe Roll like in maverick. aka corkscrew roll. It would be pretty kool to see a launch under the lift hill and a 100 degree turn.

For more info click here http://www.cedarpoin...e=photo_gallery

I have no clue what to put in my sig.:sws
nvm found something!

90% of teens would cry if Myspace or Facebook were deystroyed .If you are part of the 10 % that would sit and laugh copy and paste this into your sig.

#65 coasterfanatic11

coasterfanatic11

Who said that?!?

• 1190 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 08:41 AM

hmmm, I would like to see, a pair of interlocking horseshoe rolls (spelling)

EDIT: ^ kinda beat me to it, but not exactly.

-cf11 :cool:

Posted Image

^props to CAC!^

Check out Semeru!

#66 CabbyJake50

CabbyJake50

BANNED

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 08:55 AM

^Haha ya ^^but visit the link on my last post becase if you dont like our ideas they're many other elements you could add.:tmbs

I have no clue what to put in my sig.:sws
nvm found something!

90% of teens would cry if Myspace or Facebook were deystroyed .If you are part of the 10 % that would sit and laugh copy and paste this into your sig.

#67 Outerlimits659

Outerlimits659

Lead Engineer

• 1448 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 02:03 PM

Yeah, I need more opinions. Running through element idea after element idea, building elements, scrapping them etc has drained most of my interest in this project. Even if I could pull out some sort of really cool idea for an element or a layout I seriously doubt that I would have any motivation at all to finish this. But before I cancel, I'll ask you guys first. Would it be fine with you if this was canceled?? If you really want me to complete this, then I'll give another shot at continuing it. So please comment, I really need some opinions here.

-OL659 :mwik

Posted Image

TTD l I305 l MF l Maverick l Dueling Dragons l Montu l Apollo's Chariot l Raptor l Hulk l Kumba

#68 MP thrill rides

MP thrill rides

Lead Engineer

• 1973 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 02:23 PM

Dont cancel it. I think it looks really good so far.

#69 Outerlimits659

Outerlimits659

Lead Engineer

• 1448 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 05:37 PM

Alright, one person says I should keep it up.....more opinions plz?? PLZ??

Posted Image

#70 nickostick

nickostick

Mr. Freeze

• 1048 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 06:42 PM

Keep going.

Posted Image

^Thancks to st33l

My Coasters
Nemesis (Completed)
Potestas (Under Construction)
Science project (Completed)

#71 big builder145

big builder145

Build'n Big

• 384 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 06:47 PM

I do think that you should keep it, but I would not do it if you lost interest in it. That is just when building just is not fun, ether that or when you don't have enough peaces to build what you wont. This coaster is turning out amazing so far I think that if you could do something to change it up so that you are not board with it that would be the best option.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music copy and paste this into your sig.

#72 DDRman732865

DDRman732865

Going Back for Master's for some reason

• 5251 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 08:59 PM

You're not that far into it. What I say is start over, keep the lift and do something totally insane.

#73 SwimZONE

SwimZONE

Models of ships are hard.

• 2654 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 09:27 PM

It's really up to you, if you have a different Idea, let it fly. Right now it seems like this is gonna crash and burn otherwise.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Maverick | X2 | Millenium Force | Top Thrill Dragster | Tatsu
Wild Thing | Renegade | Goliath | Raptor | Mantis

#74 Outerlimits659

Outerlimits659

Lead Engineer

• 1448 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 04:02 PM

Canceled...I apologize to the people who wanted this continued, but my interest in it is completey lost. And I'm sure you know that it's completely pointless to build something you have no interest in. I'll do my best to find something I'll enjoy building for my next coaster.
--OL659

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: background story, blitzcoaster, maverick, outerlimits659