airtime hypercoaster magnum inspired outerlimits659

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#41 DDRman732865

DDRman732865

Going Back for Master's for some reason

• 5251 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 02:20 PM

It's going to be duelers. There's a second identical lift in the background.

#42 Outerlimits659

Outerlimits659

Lead Engineer

• 1448 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 03:42 PM

^^Thanks!

^Sorry to dissapoint (sp?), but I broke off that lift part so I could move the drop out and get a good side view. As much as I'd like to, I don't really have the pieces for duelers either. <_<

Well, I've got some more approval..but I'd still like to hear some more opinions on my shaping. If I can get a few more approvals, I'll go ahead and move on. :tmbs

Pleaseplease comment!!!

-OL659-

Posted Image

TTD l I305 l MF l Maverick l Dueling Dragons l Montu l Apollo's Chariot l Raptor l Hulk l Kumba

#43 Rollerboaster

Rollerboaster

Anti-anti conformist

• 1010 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 03:57 PM

The crest looks a tad small, maybe its just me.

Posted Image

inclusive shipping

#44 da master826

da master826

Friend of GLaDOS

• 1306 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 04:32 PM

Shaping is good. Can you carry on now please?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Posted Image
Intimidator305, El Toro, Maverick, Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey, Top Thrill Dragster

#45 DDRman732865

DDRman732865

Going Back for Master's for some reason

• 5251 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 07:09 PM

Shaping is fine, but can I really believe you? :lolo

#46 christian

christian

Lead Engineer

• 1662 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 07:47 PM

The supports and shaping are nice. Please continue.

-MIBB)

#47 Outerlimits659

Outerlimits659

Lead Engineer

• 1448 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 03:05 PM

700th POST!!

RollerBoaster: I thought maybe it was, but now that I've done the other side it looks fine. If it still looks too sharp though, let me know.

Well, this has been a bit of a pain. I'm not quite sure if my banking is accurate, and I can't put my finger on why it looks so funny to me. :confused: Perhaps you guys could help though.... here are pics...

http://image06.websh...10GPNZPV_fs.jpg

^Comparison pic..^

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Now that I really look at these, I can see that it turns too sharply at the end. Still, I need some feedback on the banking, steepness etc. So..

Pleaseplease comment!!

Posted Image

TTD l I305 l MF l Maverick l Dueling Dragons l Montu l Apollo's Chariot l Raptor l Hulk l Kumba

#48 Outerlimits659

Outerlimits659

Lead Engineer

• 1448 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 09:44 AM

Long overdue update.......but first things first.

First off, I am now a member of Lebotech so if a mod could move this into the correct forum it would be greatly appreciated.

Second, the layout has been changed.

Third, I am proud to say that in about a months time I have finished about half of a crest and a bit of a turn. :iyes What can I say, except I take my time. It also has to do with the fact that I waited about 2 weeks for an order of k'nex that should have come in about half that time. And then there's the whole CP trip thing.....onto the update though.

The next element is a turnaround similar to that of Steel Force. I have pretty much the whole layout planned from here too. But don't you go asking for it.:nono Pics.....

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Max x-ties are there due to the fact that this particular section of tubing was pretty warped, and the max x-ties help retain the smoothness. Now since I took my time to post these pics after letting this thread almost die.....*sniff.....

Comments are appreciated!!!

Posted Image

#49 coasterfanatic11

coasterfanatic11

Who said that?!?

• 1190 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 11:28 AM

I think... it grew? lol
Looks pretty good!

What's the layout?

-cf11 :cool:

Posted Image

^props to CAC!^

Check out Semeru!

#50 Outerlimits659

Outerlimits659

Lead Engineer

• 1448 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 12:18 PM

The consistency of my updates is matching the consistency of my building.......:durh

^Thanks. And no layouts for you.....:P

Okay, lets see....turnaround is finished and I'm pretty happy with it. There is no shaking either BTW. Next element is a secret 'cause I feel like keeping it one. Pics....

Posted Image
The resizing flattened this pic, making it look more oval shaped. It's much more circular in RL.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

If you take a close look at one of the pics, I'm sure you could take a guess at what the next element is. ;)

Comments appreciated!!!

-OL659-

Posted Image

#51 BBaller347

BBaller347

Mile Record - 4:31

• 973 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 03:23 PM

Looks great. Nothing else to really say.

And I can't find any hints to next element. Which pic you talking about?

#52 RightWayTrey

RightWayTrey

Automatic or nothing

• 702 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 06:00 PM

It looks very good. I don't see anything wrong. Move on.

Posted Image

Valleyfair Recres:..........My Tutorials:......

................Steel Venom................Automatic Station Gates.......

..........Corkscrew...................Automatic Drill Launch....

...Round About................Auto on/off switch..

#53 coastermaniac

coastermaniac

Lead Engineer

• 1862 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 06:31 PM

I saw your LMAO FTW thing and I always wondered what ASAP meant ? I know it means like ''right now'' but I don't know the right term, is it something like ''as said as ...?

As for the coaster it's really nice and your helix is really smooth, i'm seriously impressed by this coaster. Great jod on this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1|Tatsu 2|KK 3|Montu 4|Medusa 5|Kumba 6|Nitro 7|Goliath 8|Goliath 9|DD:F 10|Excalibur

#54 knexems

knexems

Aminspec Employee

• 887 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 06:50 PM

^ASAP mean "As soon as possible".

This looks amazing! I can't find anything wrong, move on please.

Posted Image]

Posted Image

Posted Image <---If only...

#55 Outerlimits659

Outerlimits659

Lead Engineer

• 1448 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 06:37 AM

Ah, well I hate to have to say this after so many good comments but....there's been a few things going on with the construction. First off, I started building a hill and I discovered that I had ran out of tubing. I knew that I would sooner or later, so I just decided to order some off of Ebay. Someone was selling 129 feet for a good price too. However, when I set my bid he messaged me to say that it was only 49 feet.:durh I kept my bid but got outbid at the last minute, soooo no tubing.
Now ATM there are almost no sellers selling tubing anywhere. And I'm leaving for vacation tomorrow and won't get back until the end of July. If, by the time I get back from vacation, there are no tubing sellers then I'll have to cancel. Just thought I'd let you guys know...feel free to comment....

-OL659-

Posted Image

#56 Outerlimits659

Outerlimits659

Lead Engineer

• 1448 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 01:46 PM

Cancelled. I hate to have to cancel two coasters in a row but I couldn't find tubing anywhere. My next coaster will be much smaller, not only because of the tubing issue but also because I haven't built in a while. I apologize for those who were hoping for an update (all 0 of you).....next coaster will be here soon...

-OL659-

Posted Image

#57 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 01:55 PM

That sucks that you had to cancel, that was a cool little coaster. Couldn't you just buy a new SS?

#58 Outerlimits659

Outerlimits659

Lead Engineer

• 1448 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 02:06 PM

I could but I really didn't need half the stuff in that set.

that was a cool little coaster

Actually, this is the biggest I've ever built-and the biggest I'll be building for awhile.:D

-OL659-

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: airtime, hypercoaster, magnum inspired, outerlimits659