rct3 sfot six flags

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 CoasterBuilder

CoasterBuilder

Aminspec Employee

• 659 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 05:09 PM

Just found this today while cleaning out the files on my computer. It's a video showing the air gates on Khonsu, my first roller coaster I completed here at SSC over 3 years ago.

The concept is very simple and involved NO gears. The motor, when left on, would continuously open and close the gates (about a difference of 70*). To actually control the opening/closing of the gates, I had to manually switch the motor on and off. With a train-activated switch, this may become a whole lot easier to implement a fully autonomous station.

Posted Image

Also, I found a never before seen video of the entire ride of Khonsu. To this date, Khonsu has remained one of the largest loopers ever built, consisting of 8 inversions and standing 8 feet tall. I was particularly fond of the large span between the pre-drop and the vertical drop.

Posted Image

*On a side note, I'm sorry I haven't been on very often, and I'm afraid that's not going to change. I still read the forums occasionally, but I'm significantly more busy now than in my earlier days here.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My SSC Gallery

Thunderstruck Video

Currently Working On: Calypso

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: rct3, sfot, six flags