• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 04:21 PM

Posted Image

I've begun building just one of the towers for my next coaster, deja vu (I don't have enough pieces to multitask).

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

The lifts will use an idea somewhat similar to the one JPK'nex recetly posted, but it will use a small strip of chain links connected to strings, like Stealth's launch...plus an NXT ;)

#2 reaperdoctor

reaperdoctor

SQUISH IT!!!!

• 716 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 04:23 AM

Thats awesome. I like how you use the wheel hubs instead of the gears for the lift.

John 3:16

'For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.'

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#3 DDRman732865

DDRman732865

Going Back for Master's for some reason

• 5251 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 11:15 PM

I was thinking of something like that for shuttle coasters. Glad you're taking incentive to make it a reality. Damn we are better than Aminspec. Awesome.

#4 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 12:23 AM

Haha, yes we are.

So, about the coaster...unfortunately, I ran into a problem. Even with two strings, the chain won't stay flat on the track (it has to do with there being a curve in the track). So I tried figuring out a way to make a sort of chain guide that would help keep it flat against the track, but I couldn't. I saw the drawing that JPK'nex posted, though, that uses the chain, and decided to do that instead (with permission to use his idea, of course). I'll tape the chain dog up, and put a connector on the chain to push the train up. I can control the chain on both towers with my NXT, so that the connector pops out at the right time.

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: deja, dejavu, invert, shuttle, steel