Oblivion *Final Video*

dive machine oblivion recreation scenery summer heat

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

Poll: Should my coaster be cancelled?

Should my coaster be cancelled?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Kevyn230

Kevyn230

Aight

• 1347 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 03:42 AM

Well, hello guys. I am Kevyn230 and I am now making 'Oblivion' at 'Alton towers':

The logo:

Posted Image

If you don't know this ride you should go check it out to understand what I am making. It is a dive machine that goes into a hole and never comes back out (not literally). Well 'Nightshade' (my invert) is not canceled I am just starting this early because this is my summer heat project. I really need to finish this before September so I have got 1 month to build it. I am going on holiday for 4 days which will set me back a bit but I will do my best. I might put scenery with this ride aswell (like getting a box and cutting the holes out so the track can go in it). Time for the pictures:

Posted ImagePosted Image

Video:

Posted Image

This is just my prototype, even the car is a prototype and not fully to what it is meant to be. I will fix it some more because Nightshade is still going on I am not really concentrating. This was for RCF (I said to him that it was a holding brake... It is just a tire drive that brings it along slowly). Well please comment!

Posted Image
Under construction:
Non in Progress

#2 love4kanex

love4kanex

Architect

• 334 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 03:54 PM

Whoa! Now that's cool! Good luck with the coaster!!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Coaster Count: 36

Knex Channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/love4knex

New channel with funny videos:
http://www.youtube.c...ideosandstuff11

#3 Kevyn230

Kevyn230

Aight

• 1347 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 07:45 AM

Well, now that I have taken down Revival, I am able to get a move on with my recreation. Even though I won't be able to get this finished before the summer heat ending but I was going to do it anyway before the summer heat started. Well I taken down the prototype and built the real one and here are the pictures:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

I don't know how many cars to use. I think I should use 2 cars each train but Oblivion only has 1 car each train. Well I will think of it later. I have bought a shark run set so I will use the blue tubing as the middle tubing. Well I will try get a move on with this coaster so I will go get building :).

Posted Image
Under construction:
Non in Progress

#4 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 08:45 AM

Looks pretty good so far. Are you going to have it go underground? If not, you should consider it because that would be seriously awesome. You could build it on a base like Celsius and have a tunnel for the drop.

#5 Kevyn230

Kevyn230

Aight

• 1347 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 11:40 AM

Looks pretty good so far. Are you going to have it go underground? If not, you should consider it because that would be seriously awesome. You could build it on a base like Celsius and have a tunnel for the drop.

My friend is going to design something for it. Well not something very good (that is because it is a Carbord box (sorry for my spelling)). Well its not the best but if you want I will try get a massive carbord box and make it fit the whole ride but that would take the space in my room.

Posted Image
Under construction:
Non in Progress

#6 Kevyn230

Kevyn230

Aight

• 1347 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 12:26 PM

I haven't updated in a while but now... I have the new update. Well my friend is helping me build this. I have got the lift hill now and I am trying to get the crest right (because I need speed for the turn into the tire drive holding drop). OK here are the pictures:

Posted Image

I think I am using custom cars.
Posted Image

My new shark run set.
Posted Image

Please comment!

Posted Image
Under construction:
Non in Progress

#7 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 12:31 PM

In my opinion, I would shorten the whole ride by 2 grays. I really dont think that the ride goes underground that far.

Posted Image

#8 maarten12

maarten12

Medium-Gump

• 2917 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 12:51 PM

^actually 3/5 of the drop's length is underground, so 20m above the ground and 30m underground. I think it's okay for now, but please fix the chain it's sloppy, and the crest and pull-in to the lift doesn't look alright too.

Posted Image

#9 Jogumpie

Jogumpie

Living through the great Gump hiatus...

• 13586 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 01:50 PM

Check this out, Jumpge.
Posted Image

SSCoasters Administrator
The SSCoasters Forum Rules
DD_signature.jpg
YoutubeButton.pngFacebookButton.png

#10 commando

commando

Actual Engineer

• 1982 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 03:53 PM

ya that like 3/5 of the drop.

#11 Kevyn230

Kevyn230

Aight

• 1347 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 04:41 AM

In my opinion, I would shorten the whole ride by 2 grays. I really dont think that the ride goes underground that far.

I have to keep it like this because of speed. The real ride has a 60ft lift hill but it has a 180ft drop meaning it has to go underground. So that is why the station is so high and I can't shorten it.

^actually 3/5 of the drop's length is underground, so 20m above the ground and 30m underground. I think it's okay for now, but please fix the chain it's sloppy, and the crest and pull-in to the lift doesn't look alright too.

OK, I have fixed the chain and I changed the crest and the pull-in of the chain lift. I will have the pictures up now.

Check this out, Jumpge.
Posted Image

Thanks for pointing it out for me :).

ya that like 3/5 of the drop.

Also thanks for helping Jogumpie prove his point.

Well I have done what maarten12 said and I have got the pictures to prove it:

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Also a cool picture I took of the sunset yesterday:
Posted Image

Well please comment as much as last time!!!

Posted Image
Under construction:
Non in Progress

#12 maarten12

maarten12

Medium-Gump

• 2917 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 08:08 AM

looks good now, make sure the train doesn't go too fast over the turn. I would love to see it with some realistic speed.

Posted Image

#13 Kevyn230

Kevyn230

Aight

• 1347 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 11:47 AM

looks good now, make sure the train doesn't go too fast over the turn. I would love to see it with some realistic speed.

I have tried and I think it will do. It does go quite fast but not really fast. This is because of me already built drive tire.

Well I said it all with maarten12, but also I am trying to use tubes for helping to support it. Hopefully my next coaster is a Hyper tube supported coaster. Well the pics are below:

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

I would like to see comments below ;).

Posted Image
Under construction:
Non in Progress

#14 kingdaka876

kingdaka876

kingdaka876

• 132 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 07:28 PM

cool cant wait 4 the finale product

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Kingdaka876
Link to my rides:http://www.sscoaster...rs-revenge-571/

http://www.sscoaster...bra-looper-628/

Link to my youtube account:
http://www.youtube.com/user/terrimca/

#15 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 08:00 PM

Looks pretty good so far. I forgot how far it went underground :o

#16 Kevyn230

Kevyn230

Aight

• 1347 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 06:29 AM

cool cant wait 4 finale product

LOL. OK, it is going to be quite a while because I haven't done anything to it (except adding some more track) in link a month.

Looks pretty good so far. I forgot how far it went underground :o

Thanks. I know it is just a big drop for such a small height, also the G-Force is high because it is built on a hill.

Sorry I haven't done anything in like a month but hopefully I will be able to get back to building again. Well, the update is only a word update and it is just really a small update. I have done some more of the coaster but not a lot, but the main thing is that I am using boxes instead of tubing. I still use tubing to support the boxes like on the lift hill but I am not doing it like that massive tube on the track. Expect an update soon of the coaster (hopefully).

Posted Image
Under construction:
Non in Progress

#17 love4kanex

love4kanex

Architect

• 334 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 07:33 AM

Looks like the tube supporting the turn is a little strained and is bending.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Coaster Count: 36

Knex Channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/love4knex

New channel with funny videos:
http://www.youtube.c...ideosandstuff11

#18 Kevyn230

Kevyn230

Aight

• 1347 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 02:30 AM

Looks like the tube supporting the turn is a little strained and is bending.

I know. It was just that bad I got rid of it and put some boxes in.

Well, it has been about time that I got on with my coaster. It just sat in my room for ages a I haven't done anything. In one night I just built the whole turn and the holding drop. It is quite bad the holding drop but I not really going to do any better. I got the inspiration from the contest ''Fall Fallout' which is being held by RollerKid500, and anyone is aloud to join. The more the merrier. Well lets get back on to my update. Here are the pictures:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Well there you go and I hope you comment!

Posted Image
Under construction:
Non in Progress

#19 kingdaka876

kingdaka876

kingdaka876

• 132 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 06:55 AM

looks cool

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Kingdaka876
Link to my rides:http://www.sscoaster...rs-revenge-571/

http://www.sscoaster...bra-looper-628/

Link to my youtube account:
http://www.youtube.com/user/terrimca/

#20 HamenChiz

HamenChiz

HamenChiz

• 680 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 08:50 AM

That is a good one.
Keep up the good work.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dive machine, oblivion, recreation, scenery, summer heat