Oblivion *Final Video*

dive machine oblivion recreation scenery summer heat

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

Poll: Should my coaster be cancelled?

Should my coaster be cancelled?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 08:53 AM

WOW! That looks great and the drop is so cool! I would make hole or something to represent the hole in which the train goes underground. But otherwise looking good. Just make the drop and update. Get building because i cant wait to see this done!

Posted Image

#22 dk36870

dk36870

Construction Worker

• PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 10:12 AM

good coaster so far , cant wait to see how your gonna do that drop, hope you got nough room

dk

#23 Kevyn230

Kevyn230

Aight

• 1347 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 11:53 AM

looks cool

Thanks

That is a good one.
Keep up the good work.

Thanks

WOW! That looks great and the drop is so cool! I would make hole or something to represent the hole in which the train goes underground. But otherwise looking good. Just make the drop and update. Get building because i cant wait to see this done!

Thanks. I am planning to represent the underground part with maybe some supports, and then get card (black), and put it over it but it is hard to come up with an idea. Well I have the next update :).

good coaster so far , cant wait to see how your gonna do that drop, hope you got nough room dk

Thanks. Hopefully I do have the room to build it in or else it is going to be some trouble moving it and I have too see if I have permission to as well.

Well I have the next update, but I haven't done much so, well. Here you go...

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Well hopefully I complete this soon. Thanks for viewing :).

Posted Image
Under construction:
Non in Progress

#24 SuperTKDKid

SuperTKDKid

Lead Engineer

• 2750 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 12:22 PM

this looks pretty good, my suggestion: when/if you add a tunnel, put a fog machine inside of it, and add a timer too it so it starts to smoke when the train is at the wheel at the top of the drop, also, i am thinking of making something like this, but on a table.

Posted Image

#25 jespercoasters

jespercoasters

Dutch Details Employee

• 1712 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 12:40 PM

looks good im looking forward to the final result

Posted Image

#26 Kevyn230

Kevyn230

Aight

• 1347 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 10:07 AM

this looks pretty good, my suggestion: when/if you add a tunnel, put a fog machine inside of it, and add a timer too it so it starts to smoke when the train is at the wheel at the top of the drop, also, i am thinking of making something like this, but on a table.

Thanks. I don't think I have money to buy it so I don't think I will.

looks good im looking forward to the final result

Thanks!

Well, this is only a little update. As you all know (maybe) I don't have a big room and I am having some trouble building Oblivion. Do you think I should carry on building it but move it into a different but just go through the trouble of moving it to the attic or... Cancel it and start building a tube supported hyper coaster in my room (only a small coaster). I will put the voting table on the first page :).

Posted Image
Under construction:
Non in Progress

#27 Kevyn230

Kevyn230

Aight

• 1347 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 12:47 PM

Well a double post is not good. Well it doesn't matter because the poll said it all. Even though it will still go on it will not be a use to me because I am moving the coaster to the attic. It was 9 votes to 3 so I am going to move it to that attic with my friend who is coming to my house tomorrow. Well I sorted my coaster out a broke it up into parts. Here are the pictures:

Posted Image
Posted Image

Well I will update tomorrow about the moving :). Please comment!

Posted Image
Under construction:
Non in Progress

#28 BubbleMan 32714

BubbleMan 32714

V Cube Solver

• 717 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 10:48 PM

It looks really good so far keep it up.

#29 Kevyn230

Kevyn230

Aight

• 1347 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 01:17 PM

It looks really good so far keep it up.

Thanks! :)

Well I finally moved it with my friend and he helped me layout the coaster because it was a really tight squeeze. It was really hard and I will show you the pictures:

Well there is the pictures. Hopefully you will comment more but I am not really that bothered. I will be building oblivion in the but it will be quite hard because of the layout of the beams in the way. Will comment please!

Posted Image
Under construction:
Non in Progress

#30 2015ASM

2015ASM

Front Seat or Nothing

• 650 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 02:01 PM

nice job dude it looks like you got it there, fully intact

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Griffon - Apollo - Millennium - TTD - Nitro - Kingda Ka - Maverick - Alpengeist - Hulk - Fahrenheit

Nighthawk-Lithium-Archangel-Insomnia- Airborne

Current Project(s):
Requiem

#31 Kevyn230

Kevyn230

Aight

• 1347 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 03:41 PM

nice job dude it looks like you got it there, fully intact

Thanks. I wasn't as hard as though to move it to the attic but it was just how we were going to lay it out.

Well I don't know if this is steep enough or if I need more banking earlier... What do you guys think:

Well you could use G5 (in Taiwan) to refer to the ride, I accept any help possible so please help me.

Posted Image
Under construction:
Non in Progress

#32 SuperTKDKid

SuperTKDKid

Lead Engineer

• 2750 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 03:48 PM

nice hole in your floor.... nah just kidding
but dont fall (: especially when your filming

Posted Image

#33 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 03:51 PM

The straight part of the hill is really bumpy! Maybe you should use gray rods there instead.

#34 BGEurope Kid

BGEurope Kid

Architect

• 476 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 04:12 PM

In the pull in of the hill there is a straight/sharp spot crated by the connection that uses the blue rod. Try to mirror your pullout supports

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#35 Kevyn230

Kevyn230

Aight

• 1347 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 12:41 PM

nice hole in your floor.... nah just kidding
but dont fall (: especially when your filming

LOL. I nearly did once manage to grab the beam above. The cost was though... I got a splinter

The straight part of the hill is really bumpy! Maybe you should use gray rods there instead.

OK I have added gray rods instead of the flexies.

In the pull in of the hill there is a straight/sharp spot crated by the connection that uses the blue rod. Try to mirror your pullout supports

Well I forgot to take a picture of it but I did take it out and supported it differently now.

It has been ages since I last updated. One reason is because I was on holiday for 10days. Well I am back and I done a little bit more. I realized, when the track comes out from underground, that is when it starts banking. So I modified it so now when it comes out from station level (rises higher than the bottom of the station) it starts banking then. Here are the pictures:

I am having trouble with speed but I still need to wait it and lube it, so I think it is alright at the moment. Please comment and hopefully I get this done before November 23rd.

EDIT: Anyone knows how to get rid of paint quickly off the SS cars?

Posted Image
Under construction:
Non in Progress

#36 Kevyn230

Kevyn230

Aight

• 1347 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 02:08 PM

Well... A second post for BGEurope Kid. He said to make the pullin smoother. So I though to take more pictures. Also look at the pictures above because I am doing a double post at the moment.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Please comment and don't make it a triple post.

Posted Image
Under construction:
Non in Progress

#37 2015ASM

2015ASM

Front Seat or Nothing

• 650 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 02:41 PM

I like it , bit maybe start the turn a little sooner

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Griffon - Apollo - Millennium - TTD - Nitro - Kingda Ka - Maverick - Alpengeist - Hulk - Fahrenheit

Nighthawk-Lithium-Archangel-Insomnia- Airborne

Current Project(s):
Requiem

#38 the_burrito_master

the_burrito_master

mili force 10 years late.

• 2879 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 05:35 PM

Start the turn a bit earlier and make it a bit more gradual.

But it looks pretty nice, good work sofar.

#39 Kevyn230

Kevyn230

Aight

• 1347 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 12:37 PM

I like it , bit maybe start the turn a little sooner

OK I have sort of done.

Start the turn a bit earlier and make it a bit more gradual.

But it looks pretty nice, good work sofar.

OK, I have done a little bit but if I do it too much it will hit the beam when I move it towards the station. Also it actually doesn't make it all the way to the top but I haven't weighted it fully yet.

Hey guys, it has been a long time since I have done a update and it also comes with bad news. First the good news, the pictures:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

I haven't fully supported it and this is sort of a image of how it would look like. I would be raising the unsupported part. Now for the bad news, the fact is, I am not making the coaster complete until next year quite late. Sorry but I have to open the attic door and we lose a lot of money and heating from it. I can wait till next year or cancel it. You decide!

EDIT: Also it is because me and some friends are working on something. Find out more by watching this video: Subscribe to the channel if you want more!

Also I done what you said about the pictures KR11.

Posted Image
Under construction:
Non in Progress

#40 Knexrule11

Knexrule11

Sferico's President

• 4456 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 12:46 PM

Could you please hit enter after each pictures code. Then they don't stretch the screen out. Sad to hear the news:( I'd say cancel, then go build something else downstairs. But its really your decision.

:ph34r: SSCoasters Moderator :ph34r:
Fear the Bankatana | The SSCoasters Forum Rules

MySSCoasterssig.png
SfericoUserbar-1.png
Maverick|Tatsu|TTD|Fahrenheit|Skyrush|MF|Cheetah Hunt|Storm Runner|SheiKra|Montu
Coaster Count: 102

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dive machine, oblivion, recreation, scenery, summer heat