Oblivion *Final Video*

dive machine oblivion recreation scenery summer heat

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

Poll: Should my coaster be cancelled?

Should my coaster be cancelled?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Kevyn230

Kevyn230

Aight

• 1347 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 03:21 PM

Sorry about bumping this a little but I need more opinions. Should I cancel because I am not actually gonna complete this till about March 2011 or can you people wait that long?

Posted Image
Under construction:
Non in Progress

#42 Kevyn230

Kevyn230

Aight

• 1347 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 11:40 AM

WOAH!!! Bring a thread, from the dead (it ryhmes :)). It has been such a long time since I have done a update but finally... After 3 hours of non-stop working (because my mom and dad have aloud me to start going into the attic again) I have manage to get somewhere on my coaster. I forgot how much fun it is building because it has been about 2 and a half months since I last built this. So here are the update pictures:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Video: V
Posted Image

I have weighted the cars and lubed them and taken off the slow wheel mechanism to actually make it over the overbanked turn and still it dosn't get over some of the time but about 80% of the time it does. So please comment because I am really happy with the outcome. :)

Posted Image
Under construction:
Non in Progress

#43 Sniggeh

Sniggeh

Lead Engineer

• 1511 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 01:16 PM

That looks really good! I'm glad that you got the train to make the overbank. Please continue!

Posted Image

#44 Kevyn230

Kevyn230

Aight

• 1347 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 03:03 PM

That looks really good! I'm glad that you got the train to make the overbank. Please continue!

Thanks! :)

Well I going off to bed, but if there is anymore comments, please feel free too because I would gladly appriciate it.

My video from youtube:

YouTube - Knex Coaster Update 2 - Oblivion

Posted Image
Under construction:
Non in Progress

#45 reaperdoctor

reaperdoctor

SQUISH IT!!!!

• 716 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 03:24 PM

There is a major problem with the main drop. It isn't actually vertical.

Study this picture:

Posted Image

The red line is the shape of your track.

Try to make it less straight and a few degrees less steep.

Looks great otherwise!

John 3:16

'For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.'

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#46 Kevyn230

Kevyn230

Aight

• 1347 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 11:53 AM

There is a major problem with the main drop. It isn't actually vertical.

Study this picture:

Posted Image

The red line is the shape of your track.

Try to make it less straight and a few degrees less steep.

Looks great otherwise!

The only thing is, I would have to change alot to make that work. If you get what I mean, it would involve moving the whole track back to get more track back there and fixing the pullout so it can fit in with the rest. I would fix it if I just built that but I got to the brake section, which is quite a bit further from that part so I don' think I am going to bother now. I just want to finish this coaster quickly so I can start a new one...

So anymore comment before my next update (which will be in a week or so).

Posted Image
Under construction:
Non in Progress

#47 RollerManiac

RollerManiac

Lead Engineer

• 2490 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 12:06 PM

The turn in the brake run looks like it's going to be sharp. Fix that and your golden!

Formally RK500

#48 reaperdoctor

reaperdoctor

SQUISH IT!!!!

• 716 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 04:27 PM

^^That is fine. It's not really that big of a deal anyways.

'For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.'

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#49 Knexrule11

Knexrule11

Sferico's President

• 4456 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 04:11 PM

I don't know alot about Oblivion, but this coaster looks good! The drop is no big deal in my opinion. Move on!

KR11

:ph34r: SSCoasters Moderator :ph34r:
Fear the Bankatana | The SSCoasters Forum Rules

MySSCoasterssig.png
SfericoUserbar-1.png
Maverick|Tatsu|TTD|Fahrenheit|Skyrush|MF|Cheetah Hunt|Storm Runner|SheiKra|Montu
Coaster Count: 102

#50 Kevyn230

Kevyn230

Aight

• 1347 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 11:47 AM

The turn in the brake run looks like it's going to be sharp. Fix that and your golden!

Yeah... I thought ahead of that and now it looks fine. I don't think it is sharp now.

^^That is fine. It's not really that big of a deal anyways.

Good, good. It is called a verticle drop coaster so, it is verticle. :P

I don't know alot about Oblivion, but this coaster looks good! The drop is no big deal in my opinion. Move on!

KR11

Thanks! Also what I said before... It is a verticle drop coaster. :P

Last update before final video. I am not putting a station because I run out of yellows and I really cannot be bothered and I want to get straight on to my next
coaster. You can comment if you want me to adjust something but I doubt I will because I am just getting on to the final video and tearing it down for the next coaster. The pictures:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Comment and hope the final video is good and I can get on with my next coaster. :)

Posted Image
Under construction:
Non in Progress

#51 reaperdoctor

reaperdoctor

SQUISH IT!!!!

• 716 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 03:09 PM

They are called vertical coasters, but for some reason they are actually only about 87 degrees...

Looks awesome. I am looking forward to your future projects!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#52 Jogumpie

Jogumpie

Living through the great Gump hiatus...

• 13586 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 04:31 PM

They are called vertical coasters, but for some reason they are actually only about 87 degrees...

That is to keep the running wheels in contact with the track.

SSCoasters Administrator
The SSCoasters Forum Rules
DD_signature.jpg
YoutubeButton.pngFacebookButton.png

#53 reaperdoctor

reaperdoctor

SQUISH IT!!!!

• 716 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 02:01 PM

^Makes sense. I should have thought of that before...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#54 RollerManiac

RollerManiac

Lead Engineer

• 2490 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 08:39 AM

Looks great! Now you should add some theming...

Formally RK500

#55 Kevyn230

Kevyn230

Aight

• 1347 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 12:59 PM

Looks awesome. I am looking forward to your future projects!

Yeah, and I see Gump has answered your (not so much) question. :P
Also thanks and hopefully my future projects won't have a long construction timeline and I can complete it before next year. :P

That is to keep the running wheels in contact with the track.

I never knew... I would make sense though, like what reaperdoctor said.

Looks great! Now you should add some theming...

I was but I spent so much time on this coaster, I wanted to start a fresh new coaster.

Well just a small update:
I have filmed Oblivion (it had 42 clips I think) and I have sent the footage to Maxlaam to edit for me (thank you Maxlaam). Hopefully I can get the final video up A.S.A.P but for the meantime I will make a new thread for my next coaster.

Thank you to everyone who has followed this coaster with it's ups and downs and I will put the video in my next update!

PS: I taken down Oblivion and started my next coaster!

Posted Image
Under construction:
Non in Progress

#56 reaperdoctor

reaperdoctor

SQUISH IT!!!!

• 716 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 06:49 AM

Looking forward to seeing the video! In the future you should make more Alton Towers rides like Rita, Nemesis and Air.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#57 Kevyn230

Kevyn230

Aight

• 1347 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 03:38 AM

Looking forward to seeing the video! In the future you should make more Alton Towers rides like Rita, Nemesis and Air.

Thanks, and the next ride from Alton towers is to do Rita. I would maybe do th13teen but I am not very good with the automatic stuff for the drop and the switch track.

Well, thanks to Maxlaam who edited my video to make it awesome... I present you with the final video of 'Oblivion!'

Posted Image
Under construction:
Non in Progress

#58 Maxlaam

Maxlaam

Tracing Tyrant's Steps

• 8116 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 10:49 AM

Did you upload the HQ version I sent to you? It's incredibly grainy for some reason... It doesn't go above 240p on youtube eventhough it should have been fully processed already.

SSCoasters Administrator
Read The Forum Rules(smart)

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dive machine, oblivion, recreation, scenery, summer heat