• Please log in to reply
162 replies to this topic

#1 fastman xc

fastman xc

Resident Outdoor Builder

• 3182 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 10:25 AM

It is known as "Attraction 2012"
all we know is that it will be built in the front section of the park, will have some part of it reaching 212.6 feet tall, and needs 32 supports for over the water in Comet Hollow.

Hersheypark's 'new marquee attraction' to be in Comet Hollow | PennLive.com

any thoughts on this?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

coasters made by:
~FXC, Inc
a subsidiary of
Posted Image
currently featuring ... Pine Mine: A Real Terrain Coaster

#2 rollercoasterfanatic919

rollercoasterfanatic919

Switch 360!

• 3357 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 10:31 AM

I was just about to post about this. I personally am hoping for a B&M hyper, I've felt for a few years that one would really add to the park. The height sounds about right for one, but I'm not sure where the coaster would really fit, the park is already so packed.

RCFSIG.png

FF.png

MF | Toro | TTD | Maverick | Ka | Griffon | Nitro | Storm Runner | Skyrush | Phoenix

Coaster Count: 73 | YouTube Channel

#3 fastman xc

fastman xc

Resident Outdoor Builder

• 3182 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 11:17 AM

yeah, I have no idea where they would put anything that tall, especially in the Comet Hollow area. But based on the supports necessary to cross the creek, it pretty much has to be a roller coaster.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

coasters made by:
~FXC, Inc
a subsidiary of
Posted Image

#4 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 11:20 AM

The new attraction also will include water — part of it will span an existing man-made pond near the Comet.

If it is a B&M hyper like rumored, I'm thinking this might have a splashdown with it. If its Intamin, then I'm not sure.

^They own quite a bit of land around it I believe, even areas within a hypers reach of Comet Hollow.

SSCoasters Staff
The SSCoasters Forum Rules

cincinnatibearcats07sp-1.jpg

GigaSonic XLC, Déjà Vu, Werewolf, WildSide, Thunderhawk, Kaibutsu, Diamondback, Couloir

SVengeance|Voyage|LightningRod|Goliath(SFGAm)|OutlawRun|Fury325|RF2|Taron|StormChaser|Orion|

Coaster Count: 300

#5 fastman xc

fastman xc

Resident Outdoor Builder

• 3182 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 11:30 AM

oh yes, the park also asked Derry Township for permission to encroach on Park Avenue, the road by the perimeter of the park, and whose land on either sides is theirs. This thing might go "outside" the park...and I didn't read closely enough until now, that yes, those 32 supports were for being in the man-made pond. Kinda smells like a B&M hyper indeed.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

coasters made by:
~FXC, Inc
a subsidiary of
Posted Image

#6 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 11:44 AM

Woah woah woah...32 supports in the future splashdown pond? Or another pond? Surely not the creek that they denied Great Bear supports to be put into.

SSCoasters Staff

GigaSonic XLC, Déjà Vu, Werewolf, WildSide, Thunderhawk, Kaibutsu, Diamondback, Couloir

SVengeance|Voyage|LightningRod|Goliath(SFGAm)|OutlawRun|Fury325|RF2|Taron|StormChaser|Orion|

#7 fastman xc

fastman xc

Resident Outdoor Builder

• 3182 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 11:56 AM

the newspaper says: "32 support columns to be built in and around a man-made pond" ...so no, of course not a reversal of the Great Bear decision...that nonsense must continue. :iyes

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

coasters made by:
~FXC, Inc
a subsidiary of
Posted Image

#8 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 12:00 PM

I'm guessing your a member to the site of something because I see nothing about the 32 supports. Oh well. And around the pond sounds a lot better too.

SSCoasters Staff

#9 Cedars650258516

Cedars650258516

Stank

• 489 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 12:07 PM

WHOA!!!!!! I LIVE IN DERRY TOWNSHIP!!!!
is it a joke?:nono

Anyway, we got something in Cedar Point for 2011, now this in Hershey for 2012?
Life could not get much better people!!!!
Maybe it'll be a laser loop, like Kennywood had. It would be freaky to go backwards first and then look like it would be diving into the water!

EDIT: ^Whell, he does live in Harrisburg, that's preety dang close to Hershey. I stayed at a hotel there once for Hershey, we were about 5 min. away.
Which makes me think... Do you have season passes fastman?

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

#10 Chubs33

Chubs33

Roller Coaster Humanist

• 2842 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 12:26 PM

Honestly, I know most would pull for the B&M Hyper, but if it were Intamin... that would make my day. Just because you really have no idea what they will pull.

I'm not sure, though. A Beemer like Diamondback is good anywhere. I am really curious to see where this thing could go. But... sucks ass we have to wait 2 years haha.

Check out my blog: Life Is A Roller Coaster

(Coaster count: 504)

Blitzen Cyber Chase Prowler Tuscarora Ra: God of Sun Jersey Thunder Phoenix La Bestia Ripsaw

#11 fastman xc

fastman xc

Resident Outdoor Builder

• 3182 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 01:04 PM

there's a local newspaper article. maybe I should quote the highlights or something. And there are multiple Derry Twps... anywho, I think a B&M coaster would be nice, because there's already 2 coasters from Intamin there.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

coasters made by:
~FXC, Inc
a subsidiary of
Posted Image

#12 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 02:29 PM

Yes, but both those Intamins have found their way into my top ten. But with the way Intamin has been building with 305 and the mega-lites, I see B&M more likely with this project. Unless Intamin goes back to a more tradtional hyper style.

SSCoasters Staff

#13 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 03:47 PM

Anyway, we got something in Cedar Point for 2011, now this in Hershey for 2012?

There's a lot more parks getting big rides in 2011 or 2012, not just CP and Hershey.

This sounds a lot like a B&M Hyper to me, but we'll have to wait and see.

#14 Antinos

Antinos

Is it smooth and long?

• 8086 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 06:35 PM

I can see Intamin building this more than B&M. The park's two latest installments were Intamin and from what it sounds like, this will be like a compact Bizarro.

Posted Image
Goliath(SFGAm)|Bizarro(SFNE)|BDash|Toro|Maverick|Voyage|Banshee|WickedCyclone|Skyrush|Leviathan
Coaster Count: 312

Character - What you do when nobody is watching.
Facebook | Youtube | Twitter

#15 lazor 22

lazor 22

Enter The Rage

• 5967 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 03:13 PM

Why does it have to be 2012! My cousin is getting married next summer and we might go. And since they live in Harrisburg I would use the trip to go to Hershey. That means we won't go for a few more years.

LAZOR22SIG2.png
I305, El Toro, Goliath (SFoG), Time Machine, Talon, Apollo, Griffon, Georgia Scorcher, Nitro, Manta
Coaster Count: 77

#16 CCI

CCI

Getting Furious in 2015

• 2019 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 04:28 PM

Have we ruled out Dive Machine? I mean why not they have splashdowns and are over 200ft, and I would not but a Dive Machine past Hershey.

Posted Image

l El Toro l Fury325 l I305 l Skyrush l RFII l

DEY TUK ER JERBS!!

My RCT2 Projects!

RCT2 Help/Download

#17 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 04:42 PM

^With Fahrenheit and Storm Runner, I wouldn't see the point of a dive machine.

SSCoasters Staff

#18 Outerlimits659

Outerlimits659

Lead Engineer

• 1448 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 04:51 PM

^^Yeah, I can't see how they could advertise that after advertising Fahrenheit's over-vertical drop. Wouldn't work too well.

I'd like to see an Intamin, but Hershey may want to balance it out a little. Unless they go CP's route and start to plow down the Intamin road....

-OL659-

Posted Image

TTD l I305 l MF l Maverick l Dueling Dragons l Montu l Apollo's Chariot l Raptor l Hulk l Kumba

#19 Chubs33

Chubs33

Roller Coaster Humanist

• 2842 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 05:55 PM

^Which hopefully they do...

I know we have some B&M Lovers but there is no arguement when it comes to the GP's favorites.

If they got an Intamin Hyper, that would kick unbelievable ass.

Check out my blog: Life Is A Roller Coaster

(Coaster count: 504)

Blitzen Cyber Chase Prowler Tuscarora Ra: God of Sun Jersey Thunder Phoenix La Bestia Ripsaw

#20 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 07:42 PM

I know we have some B&M Lovers but there is no arguement when it comes to the GP's favorites.

Dude, why even bring up Arrow? :P

Another Intamin mess up? Hope not.

SSCoasters Staff

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hersheypark