DEY TUK ER JERBS!!

My RCT2 Projects!

RCT2 Help/Download

#22 Antinos

Antinos

Is it smooth and long?

• 8086 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 09:49 PM

^There's a reason why there are only two in the world. It's the same reason why one has had three sets of trains and the other is closed half the time.

Posted Image
Goliath(SFGAm)|Bizarro(SFNE)|BDash|Toro|Maverick|Voyage|Banshee|WickedCyclone|Skyrush|Leviathan
Coaster Count: 312

Character - What you do when nobody is watching.
Facebook | Youtube | Twitter

#23 Old_Hag

Old_Hag

Lead Engineer

• 2205 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 12:16 AM

^^^I'm pretty sure Intamin won't make a 300 foot tall coaster that goes straight into a turn again. If it's an Intamin expect it to be more like SFNE Bizzarro or Expedition GeForce. I'd much rather have an Intamin over another B&M hyper that, while fun, doesn't push the envelope or deliver anything unique.

#24 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 01:03 AM

^305 is just the latest. Shoot the Rapids, Thirteen (trimmed drop on a family coaster???), Maverick's heartline roll, plus more. Plus Intamin's heartlining in general has been pretty off lately, like they're heartling the chasis of the cars and not the riders.

SSCoasters Staff
The SSCoasters Forum Rules

cincinnatibearcats07sp-1.jpg

GigaSonic XLC, Déjà Vu, Werewolf, WildSide, Thunderhawk, Kaibutsu, Diamondback, Couloir

SVengeance|Voyage|LightningRod|Goliath(SFGAm)|OutlawRun|Fury325|RF2|Taron|StormChaser|Orion|

Coaster Count: 300

#25 Coaster105

Coaster105

Lead Engineer

• 1035 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 01:16 AM

^There's a reason why there are only two in the world. It's the same reason why one has had three sets of trains and the other is closed half the time.

Not that this has anything to do with the subject, but there actually is another S&S/arrow 4d coaster being built at China Dinosaur Park.

As for the coaster, I can only imagine it being a B&M Hyper coaster, and nothing more.

-Coaster105

Youtube Channel

#26 Old_Hag

Old_Hag

Lead Engineer

• 2205 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 01:23 AM

If the tallest point is only 212 feet, It would have to drop all the way to the ground for it to have a similar drop to other modern B&M hypers, which is unusual (Dback, Behemoth, and Intimidator are all about 230 feet with around 215 foot drops that don't go all the way to the ground). It just seems a bit odd to me....

#27 tornado96

tornado96

VV Australia

• 922 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 02:01 AM

Why can't Australia get A B&M Hyper or any B&M for that matter. I really want one. :(

#28 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 02:15 AM

^^How on Earth is that unusual??? They don't just copy and paste the drop (or anything).

SSCoasters Staff

cincinnatibearcats07sp-1.jpg

GigaSonic XLC, Déjà Vu, Werewolf, WildSide, Thunderhawk, Kaibutsu, Diamondback, Couloir

SVengeance|Voyage|LightningRod|Goliath(SFGAm)|OutlawRun|Fury325|RF2|Taron|StormChaser|Orion|

Coaster Count: 300

#29 Old_Hag

Old_Hag

Lead Engineer

• 2205 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 03:03 AM

I'm just saying that every recent B&M hyper has been around 230 feet tall with a 210-220 foot drop at a 74-75 degree angle, and, if this is infact a B&M hyper, I'd be surprised if its stats weren't somewhere in that area. I didn't mean to completely rule out one, as there is evidence pointing towards it.

Also, I can't see any difference between these two:
Posted Image
Posted Image

#30 fastman xc

fastman xc

Resident Outdoor Builder

• 3182 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 06:36 AM

Perhaps due to the challenge of fitting it all in to the space they have this could be slightly...less orthodox...of a B&M hyper.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

coasters made by:
~FXC, Inc
a subsidiary of
Posted Image
currently featuring ... Pine Mine: A Real Terrain Coaster

#31 lazor 22

lazor 22

Enter The Rage

• 5967 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 08:36 PM

If they got an Intamin Hyper, that would kick unbelievable ass.

I like B&M Hypers better. Granted I've only rode 1 Intamin Hyper, I'm just not a fan of there T-Bar Trains. I really liked the trains on 305 though. I'm glad they went with OTSR's, there would have been no room to comfortably put a Lap Bar in.

^Like another Raging Bull type layout.

LAZOR22SIG2.png
I305, El Toro, Goliath (SFoG), Time Machine, Talon, Apollo, Griffon, Georgia Scorcher, Nitro, Manta
Coaster Count: 77

#32 Antinos

Antinos

Is it smooth and long?

• 8086 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 11:00 PM

I'm just saying that every recent B&M hyper has been around 230 feet tall with a 210-220 foot drop at a 74-75 degree angle, and, if this is infact a B&M hyper, I'd be surprised if its stats weren't somewhere in that area. I didn't mean to completely rule out one, as there is evidence pointing towards it.

Also, I can't see any difference between these two

That means absolutely nothing. Look at Goliath at La Ronde. It's only 170 feet high, yet it's still a mega coaster. Apollo's Chariot also has a 170 foot lift, yet Apollo has a 210 foot drop. On the other hand, Goliath at SFOG has a 200 foot lift, but only a 170 foot drop. Hollywood Dream in Japan is even shorter and has a drop over buildings. There are no patterns in the stats, and every ride is designed and calculated from scratch. It's not RCT or No Limits where you can save an element and plug it in.

Also, while Behemoth's drop and Diamondback's drop are very similar, they're off by a few feet. You aren't going to be able to tell, but if you blew them up on scale drawings, you would be able to see the differences.

Perhaps due to the challenge of fitting it all in to the space they have this could be slightly...less orthodox...of a B&M hyper.

That is one reason why I think it will be Intamin. B&M have a fairly traditional hypercoaster layout in mind. With Intamin, we have no idea what's up their sleeves. They could design a coaster more along the lines of a mega-lite.

By the way, the forces set upon the riders isn't the reason why 305 was neutered. The stress on the trains is the problem. A layout with the forces of 305 is possible, just not a good idea at 95 miles per hour.

I like B&M Hypers better. Granted I've only rode 1 Intamin Hyper, I'm just not a fan of there T-Bar Trains. I really liked the trains on 305 though. I'm glad they went with OTSR's, there would have been no room to comfortably put a Lap Bar in.

^Like another Raging Bull type layout.

The only reason Intamin switched over to the horse collars is due to the magnetic brakes. The horse collars are needed due to the nature of eddy currents in the brakes. The concept is easy: the higher the speed, the quicker the deceleration. The slower the speed, the slower the train will slow down. The same principle is also why magnetic brakes can't fully stop a train. I'll take six coasters that I have been on to paint a clearer picture. Superman: Ride of Steel is a fast coaster and has magnetic brakes, but the train has slowed down quite a bit and is only traveling at probably around 35 miles per hour, so the deceleration isn't as intense. Millennium Force is a bit of a similar story. The ride is still traveling around 60 mph down the final straightaway, but the brake run is higher than that stretch. The train also hits the brakes while it is still exiting the overbanked turn, so it hasn't built up as much speed as it had, so the stop isn't as intense. Top Thrill Dragster on the other hand is extremely fast, and when you hit the brakes, you're thrown forward with the t-bar. This was fixed on Kingda Ka. When Ka hit's the brakes, the horse collars catch your forward momentum. While they make the majority of the ride uncomfortable, the brakes are a comfortable stop because you aren't thrown forward. It's a similar story with Storm Runner and Maverick. It's quite noticeable when you are thrown into your restraint, but the stop is comfortable because you're not being pulled forward by your inertia.

Also, it may not seem like it because it has a twister layout, but Raging Bull is a MASSIVE coaster.

Posted Image
Goliath(SFGAm)|Bizarro(SFNE)|BDash|Toro|Maverick|Voyage|Banshee|WickedCyclone|Skyrush|Leviathan
Coaster Count: 312

Character - What you do when nobody is watching.
Facebook | Youtube | Twitter

#33 2015ASM

2015ASM

Front Seat or Nothing

• 650 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 09:12 PM

I wud really like a B&M hyper because they usually have alot more airtime, and i feel those are the best type of rollercoasters, even though they are usually alittle more traditional and less repetitive!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Griffon - Apollo - Millennium - TTD - Nitro - Kingda Ka - Maverick - Alpengeist - Hulk - Fahrenheit

Nighthawk-Lithium-Archangel-Insomnia- Airborne

Current Project(s):
Requiem

#34 fastman xc

fastman xc

Resident Outdoor Builder

• 3182 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 10:30 PM

guess what kiddies? I was at Hersheypark last month and this is what I found, over by the tilt-a-whirl near the Comet:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

allegedly the area marked off in the final two photos could be the station of said coaster?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

coasters made by:
~FXC, Inc
a subsidiary of
Posted Image

#35 fastman xc

fastman xc

Resident Outdoor Builder

• 3182 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 10:28 AM

*bump*

...no comments on the survey marks?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

coasters made by:
~FXC, Inc
a subsidiary of
Posted Image

#36 Knexrule11

Knexrule11

Sferico's President

• 4456 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 11:36 AM

That spray paint is a wierd shade of white;)

:ph34r: SSCoasters Moderator :ph34r:
Fear the Bankatana | The SSCoasters Forum Rules

MySSCoasterssig.png
SfericoUserbar-1.png
Maverick|Tatsu|TTD|Fahrenheit|Skyrush|MF|Cheetah Hunt|Storm Runner|SheiKra|Montu
Coaster Count: 102

#37 Spitfire

Spitfire

SSC Graphics Designer

• 1753 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 01:21 PM

Kind of has a sloppy bloom to it. I think Hersheypark could do better.

(cop) SSCoasters Staff (cop)

Posted Image
Maverick | Millennium Force | Ravine Flyer II | Top Thrill Dragster | Kumba

#38 fastman xc

fastman xc

Resident Outdoor Builder

• 3182 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 08:22 PM

True, the surveyor seem to have made quite a few mis-measurements

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

coasters made by:
~FXC, Inc
a subsidiary of
Posted Image

#39 Knexrule11

Knexrule11

Sferico's President

• 4456 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 09:27 PM

Whats this...... (posted by Hershey Parks Facebook) 3 men try to solve riddle of Hersheypark's new ride | PennLive.com

:ph34r: SSCoasters Moderator :ph34r:
Fear the Bankatana | The SSCoasters Forum Rules

MySSCoasterssig.png
SfericoUserbar-1.png
Maverick|Tatsu|TTD|Fahrenheit|Skyrush|MF|Cheetah Hunt|Storm Runner|SheiKra|Montu
Coaster Count: 102

#40 Jogumpie

Jogumpie

Living through the great Gump hiatus...

• 13586 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 09:30 PM

Posted Image

SSCoasters Administrator
DD_signature.jpg
YoutubeButton.pngFacebookButton.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hersheypark