fastman hershey hersheypark park report

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 fastman xc

fastman xc

Resident Outdoor Builder

• 3182 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 10:08 AM

my youth group took a trip to my home park, Hershey.
we got there at 12:50, entered at 1ish. My friend and I went directly to Fahrenheit, which was an hour and 10min wait. We got in (the 3rd row) and then the front seat restraints were malfunctioning, so we sat in the cars for about 10 minutes until the problem was fixed.
anywho, on Fahrenheit, the vertical lift is almost as awesome as the drop, which by the way has some amazing gs. I could detect a bit of floater air on the Norwegian loop, and the cobra roll is really smooth. Corks were amazing, and the overbank is great. worth the wait.

Then we went to the wildcat. We sat in the back, and it was not very bumpy, and the lateral gs were pretty cool as I took pictures and video :P
then on to the wild mouse, where I got my pure lateral g doseage for the day...but we rode the walk on whip next :)

next were the lightning racers. 3 rides in 25ish minutes; I got a few pictures and 5 videos, but we won once and lost twice, dropping my record to 17-17 all-time. Then we headed back toward the middle, riding the claw, which by the way is my favorite noncoaster. If you sit in the back left seat, you get the most negative gs :D

After that was the Sidewinder, which is great for my Vekoma fix. I like getting beat around on a ride sometimes. We checked in and then rode the Storm Runner, which was a 15-20 minute wait. I tried to fil the launch, but my hand was in the wrong place when it happened and the gs pushed my hand into the slider thing which stopped the vid. However, I did get one of the cobra loop into the heartline and fsd.
Then we ate and joined up with my youth leader and another person for another go of the claw. After that we split and my friend and I went to the comet. Once again my hand was in the wrong place and the vid stopped at the bottom of the drop :( I then moved my hand to a different spot to stop that from happening. anywho, I love the classic feel of the comet.

Proceeding to the Sooperdooperlooper, which was another walkon, we took the 3rd row. The drop has barely any negative gs, and the loop is a classic schwarzkopf loop...I like it. Then the tunnel adds effect and the helix is cool. I found out after the ride that my mom and sister were 2 cars behind me :P

Then came the great bear, 15 or 20 minutes for the front seat, which btw is a great view. I got some nice vids too. Then we went back to the middle, riding the Trailblazer just to kill time while waiting for people, and I watched vids on my camera while the coaster was going ;)

we caught up with the group to ride wildcat, which I rode with my little sister who just started liking roller coasters.
Then we went to fahrenheit again, which had a line of half an hour or so. the ride was at night and it was pretty cool; I still got some nice vids and a pic

The last ride of the night was another front row on Great Bear...which was totally phenomenal. the view is great, the experience is awe-striking...wow. the best single ride of a coaster that I've had.

all in all, awesome day.

Lightning Racers 3
Fahrenheit 2
Great Bear 2
Wildcat 2
Sidewinder 1
Storm Runner 1
Comet 1
Sooperdooperlooper 1
Trailblazer 1
Wild Mouse 1

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

coasters made by:
~FXC, Inc
a subsidiary of
Posted Image
currently featuring ... Pine Mine: A Real Terrain Coaster

#2 fastman xc

fastman xc

Resident Outdoor Builder

• 3182 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 10:50 AM

pics....

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

coasters made by:
~FXC, Inc
a subsidiary of
Posted Image

#3 Antinos

Antinos

Is it smooth and long?

• 8086 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 11:05 AM

Beautiful. All these Hersheypark TRs really make me want to get back there. Fahrenheit is so photogenic and looks like a crazy fun ride. Hopefully I'll be able to get some POV videos and pics at Six Flags Mexico.

Posted Image
Goliath(SFGAm)|Bizarro(SFNE)|BDash|Toro|Maverick|Voyage|Banshee|WickedCyclone|Skyrush|Leviathan
Coaster Count: 312

Character - What you do when nobody is watching.
Facebook | Youtube | Twitter

#4 fastman xc

fastman xc

Resident Outdoor Builder

• 3182 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 11:19 AM

more pics

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

i still think this hinged door sign is funny...
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

coasters made by:
~FXC, Inc
a subsidiary of
Posted Image

#5 LCAL

LCAL

Only I Can Live Forever

• 1823 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 11:26 AM

^Those last 3 pics in your post are amazing. The motion blur is the shiz!

http://www.youtube.com/knexer13
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
SSC Member June 11th 2007 - January 1st 2011

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fastman, hershey, hersheypark, park, report