hersheypark

• Please log in to reply
162 replies to this topic

#61 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

Lead Particle Physicist and Musical Orchestrator

• 2812 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 10:01 PM

^ I could see a really ugly turning drop fitting in with the layout, but I'm going to bet that the lift supports will be very similar to that of I305's just by looking at the blueprints.

I'm not sure if my family and I will be going to Hershey or SFGA, but hopefully if we do go to Hershey, I'll be able to get pics.

Member of a few physics experiments; Orchestrator and/or Copyist for a few musicals.

#62 lazor 22

lazor 22

Enter The Rage

• 5967 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 10:20 PM

Wow can't wait.

LAZOR22SIG2.png
I305, El Toro, Goliath (SFoG), Time Machine, Talon, Apollo, Griffon, Georgia Scorcher, Nitro, Manta
Coaster Count: 77

#63 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 12:28 AM

Or maybe it will have a 95* drop, which would account for the lack of space & footers that are needed for a normal drop.

#64 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

• 2812 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 12:40 AM

A beyond vertical drop would be great but it would also make the lines for Fahrenheit decrease drastically meaning I would finally get to ride it! (Every time I go, the lines are +2 hours...)

Judging by the footers that are in place so far, and some of the angles of the supports, there will be some "jumping around" the river/lake and in C.H.

Member of a few physics experiments; Orchestrator and/or Copyist for a few musicals.

#65 RollerManiac

RollerManiac

Lead Engineer

• 2490 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 02:57 PM

I totally regret going to Hershey in '10...

This is going to be interesting.

Formally RK500

#66 2015ASM

2015ASM

Front Seat or Nothing

• 650 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 05:01 PM

This looks great I'm interested to see what they have planned. I'm a bit unsure about an over vertical drop just because of it's said height of 212' which is rather high compared others. Also they just put in Fahrenheit and it would be odd to have two over vertical drops.

-AsM

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Griffon - Apollo - Millennium - TTD - Nitro - Kingda Ka - Maverick - Alpengeist - Hulk - Fahrenheit

Nighthawk-Lithium-Archangel-Insomnia- Airborne

Current Project(s):
Requiem

#67 lazor 22

lazor 22

Enter The Rage

• 5967 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 05:25 PM

Yea I doubt a vertical or beyond vertical drop.

LAZOR22SIG2.png
I305, El Toro, Goliath (SFoG), Time Machine, Talon, Apollo, Griffon, Georgia Scorcher, Nitro, Manta

#68 lazor 22

lazor 22

Enter The Rage

• 5967 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 11:11 PM

What if they did something like Hulk, launched lift into a 0-g roll at the top. That would be pretty sweet.

LAZOR22SIG2.png

#69 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 12:15 AM

^ That doesn't fit in with the supports. That would mean the turn after the lift is high off the ground, but there are no laterals there. There's only those single-column supports that are used for low-to-the-ground turns.

#70 the_burrito_master

the_burrito_master

mili force 10 years late.

• 2879 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 12:31 AM

I'm going to hershey in a few weeks i'll get some photos/info if possible :D it's looking quite interesting i almost wish we were going next year now!

#71 Cedars650258516

Cedars650258516

Stank

• 489 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 11:57 AM

Goin there on Tuesday I think. Of next week. I had to go back to ride great bear and sidewinder, two that I missed. Also excited to ride fahrenheit. I will get pictures if possible.

However as far as the coaster goes, does it seem like a coincidence that it's project 2012 and it's 212 feet tall? Just take out a zero... maybe it's a cover-up scheme :o

Also, for that height, seems like a short layout. Magnum XL-200 was 5,000' long and was 205 ft. But that layout is a whole 'nother ballpark.

Those pictures that you took.... There's a concrete wall over there... Station? Seems like fresh concrete.

Vertical or even beyond verticle drop is unlikely. Too many G's from that height it seems.

It's like De ja vu (not the coaster) with the boardwalk. They added like a whole new park. This seems like that. A drop tower AND a coaster? wow. can't even get that out of K'nex :/.

Just checked out LaMarcus Bros. Site. They worked on Storm Runner and Fahrenheit, so they did good things at hershey.... But it sounds like the stuff they do is floating ecavators :? idk what it is.

That's All I have to say, keep you udated when I go.

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

#72 SuperTKDKid

SuperTKDKid

Lead Engineer

• 2750 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 01:27 PM

Look on the concrete wall, looks like an old fashioned Shwarskop (however you spell it) Shuttle Loop.

Posted Image

#73 the_burrito_master

the_burrito_master

mili force 10 years late.

• 2879 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 02:18 PM

Hahahaha yeah it does. nifty.

#74 Cedars650258516

Cedars650258516

Stank

• 489 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 06:00 PM

Does anyone find it as funny as I do that hersheypark was one of those parks that hid in the shadows of Cedar Point and Six Flags, and now they're coming into the light?

EDIT:
How Rude!!!

"The campaign incorporated use of a variety of websites under false names, including the Ride Institute of Technology, LaMarcus Brothers Mid-Air Excavation, and O'Connell Plumbing & Drain"

found this at http://en.wikipedia....2_(Hersheypark)

Don't know if this has been discussed before, but yeeeah....

#75 SuperTKDKid

SuperTKDKid

Lead Engineer

• 2750 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 06:20 PM

Look on the concrete wall, looks like an old fashioned Shwarskop (however you spell it) Shuttle Loop.

Hahahaha yeah it does. nifty.

It could be a Looping Giga Maverick styled coaster.
Not maverick, the type of coaster that it is. Cant remember it.

Posted Image

#76 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

• 2812 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 09:32 PM

"The campaign incorporated use of a variety of websites under false names, including the Ride Institute of Technology, LaMarcus Brothers Mid-Air Excavation, and O'Connell Plumbing & Drain"[/URL]

Don't know if this has been discussed before, but yeeeah....

It's simply as put in the words of the idiots on the Facebook page, "it's all part of the game." LaMarcus Bros actually did have a lot to do with Storm Runner and Fahrenheit, but what, I don't know.

To validate the idea that the wall you all see in the pictures is either part of the station or not, check these pics to help you out:

Here is a layover someone did on the facebook page that is said to be pretty accuate. It explains the moving around of the rides near the station area (box with switch track):

Posted Image

And here is the layout again for those of you who need it:
Posted Image

Hope this could help.

#77 Antinos

Antinos

Is it smooth and long?

• 8086 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 10:02 PM

Seriously guys? RIT, LaMarcus Bros, and O'Connel Plumbing don't exist and are only mentioned as part of the viral campaign for the new ride. LaMarcus Bros is a tribute to LaMarcus Thompson, the designer of the original Switchback Railway.

Posted Image
Goliath(SFGAm)|Bizarro(SFNE)|BDash|Toro|Maverick|Voyage|Banshee|WickedCyclone|Skyrush|Leviathan
Coaster Count: 312

Character - What you do when nobody is watching.
Facebook | Youtube | Twitter

#78 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 10:11 PM

*head smacks into wall*

No, the wall you see is not for the station. It's on the wrong side of Comet.

SSCoasters Staff
The SSCoasters Forum Rules

cincinnatibearcats07sp-1.jpg

GigaSonic XLC, Déjà Vu, Werewolf, WildSide, Thunderhawk, Kaibutsu, Diamondback, Couloir

SVengeance|Voyage|LightningRod|Goliath(SFGAm)|OutlawRun|Fury325|RF2|Taron|StormChaser|Orion|

Coaster Count: 300

#79 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 10:41 PM

The wall is probably the area that they are going to install the mechanics of the cable lift, assuming that this coaster is going to have one with a lift at that angle.

Posted Image

#80 Cedars650258516

Cedars650258516

Stank

• 489 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 11:21 PM

Keystone Thrills Isn't up to date. at all. you guys probably know that. but I found a clue from facebook:

Some dude found that he couldn't highlight certain words on the PDF statement. Some guy from Amsterdam figured out that the words created

"stear from the comet"

the guy said it was a rough translation and he meant "steer"

Tell me what you think?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hersheypark