• Please log in to reply
286 replies to this topic

#81 The Stig

The Stig

Some say...

• 4609 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 08:06 PM

Everything looks absolutely amazing.

If you want to make your cars swing more on that element, you could sharpen the top, lower it, or re-shape it. But honestly, I like it just the way it is now.

#82 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 02:26 AM

Try removing the rubber bands to see if it swings any more; just make sure you don't lose speed if you do! Or you could do what Stig^ said. But it looks great just the way it is.

#83 WardCoastez

WardCoastez

inversion lover

• 719 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 02:51 PM

yeah, it looks really nice so far but 1 tip... don't let your cars crash that hard, they could get damaged badly.

nice coaster! Wardcoastez

#84 Blackkitty

Blackkitty

Meow!

• 1705 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 04:35 PM

^ I agree completly, you are destroying your cars. Also finally you got a new camera your old one was crap. The whole coaster still is jelloish and it shakes. Maybe you could add more support towers under the track? Also a weird spot in the pullout of the element:

Posted Image

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#85 Knexrule11

Knexrule11

Sferico's President

• 4456 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 06:01 PM

^ It only shakes at the very end. I would not call that jello either. He just needs to add a support tower at the end. I like the element how it is now Jumpge, I think it swings out enough.

:ph34r: SSCoasters Moderator :ph34r:
Fear the Bankatana | The SSCoasters Forum Rules

MySSCoasterssig.png
SfericoUserbar-1.png
Maverick|Tatsu|TTD|Fahrenheit|Skyrush|MF|Cheetah Hunt|Storm Runner|SheiKra|Montu
Coaster Count: 102

#86 commando

commando

Actual Engineer

• 1982 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 06:30 PM

It will probably get stronger once the rest of the element is built. it also just needs to be reinforced a little. lookin good man!

#87 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 06:59 PM

That element is giving me a grey rod!
It look so great, really, its awesome.
Really nice shaping, good track=>support connections.
Well done, don't you dare to cancel this;)

-Suck.

Thanks suck!...?... and I wont cancel this!

Maybe lube the joints to make it swing.
BTW the coaster looks cool, supports look good too, trackwork is AMAZING and it's really awesome.

Well, I think I will just leave the swingyness to gravity, and thanks a lot man!

Everything looks absolutely amazing.

If you want to make your cars swing more on that element, you could sharpen the top, lower it, or re-shape it. But honestly, I like it just the way it is now.

Thank you so much! And as I said to HamenChiz, (love that name!) I'm gonna leave the swinging alone for now and let gravity take care of it.

Try removing the rubber bands to see if it swings any more; just make sure you don't lose speed if you do! Or you could do what Stig^ said. But it looks great just the way it is.

I have tried removing the rubber bands and it didn't do much, and I am loosing seed very, very fast. And thank you steel.

yeah, it looks really nice so far but 1 tip... don't let your cars crash that hard, they could get damaged badly.

nice coaster! Wardcoastez

OK, I will put a crosstie on the track from now on to make sure they dont break! Sadly, some of the cars are broken, but will be repaired soon.

^ I agree completly, you are destroying your cars. Also finally you got a new camera your old one was crap. The whole coaster still is jelloish and it shakes. Maybe you could add more support towers under the track? Also a weird spot in the pullout of the element:

Posted Image

^ It only shakes at the very end. I would not call that jello either. He just needs to add a support tower at the end. I like the element how it is now Jumpge, I think it swings out enough.

Well, the camera situation was solved by getting a tripod, and now the camera is amazing since my hands are not shaking when I'm holding it! And that straight or funky spot was fixed. And I do too think that it swings enough.

It will probably get stronger once the rest of the element is built. it also just needs to be reinforced a little. lookin good man!

Well, you are right and the track is pretty strong. It was the car flying off the track making it shake a lot, but otherwise, it is pretty strong. Thanks!

Well, I will try to get an update as fast as possible since I just got off for Christmas break for about a week and a half, so YAY! I automated the station with my Lego NXT and that's what has been my biggest distraction from building a lot of trackwork. SO, I will finish the element and then update, then you will criticize! Otherwise,

Merry Christmas! (or any other holiday you celebrate!)

Posted Image

#88 commando

commando

Actual Engineer

• 1982 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 08:53 PM

^ i really want a NXT set they are just pricey. i really dont want to spend that much on legos any more

#89 Knexrule11

Knexrule11

Sferico's President

• 4456 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 10:00 PM

You finished the auto station? Pictures!?

MySSCoasterssig.png
SfericoUserbar-1.png
Maverick|Tatsu|TTD|Fahrenheit|Skyrush|MF|Cheetah Hunt|Storm Runner|SheiKra|Montu

#90 The Stig

The Stig

Some say...

• 4609 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 01:35 AM

I think I will just leave the swingyness to gravity.

I have tried removing the rubber bands and it didn't do much, and I am loosing seed very, very fast.

Well, you are right and the track is pretty strong.

Gravity, acceleration, and inertia.

Maybe experiment with different size bands. And number of cars.

And it looks really good.

#91 Helmut

Helmut

Das Beste oder Nichts

• 3012 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 01:50 AM

It looks so cool! I don't think it shakes that much, but the speedloss might be quite much. Did you make your auto. gates? Nice! Your track is very smooth too.
Go on! I hope you can continue the good work and finish the coaster!

Posted Image

#92 TheSUCKCrew

TheSUCKCrew

Way too old

• 4095 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 10:16 AM

... and I am loosing seed very, very fast ...

OMFG

I wanna see the automation!
Pics soon?

#93 WardCoastez

WardCoastez

inversion lover

• 719 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 03:55 PM

:sws sorry deleted this post because it is was stupid

#94 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 05:53 PM

It looks so cool! I don't think it shakes that much, but the speedloss might be quite much. Did you make your auto. gates? Nice! Your track is very smooth too.
Go on! I hope you can continue the good work and finish the coaster!

Well, I removed the wights which lead to more swinging, and the weights also made the cars go a lot faster on the track! I do have more speed now than I though I would have on this ride. And I will finish this coaster.

Gravity, acceleration, and inertia.

Maybe experiment with different size bands. And number of cars.

And it looks really good.

Well, I actually removed the weights and now the cars swing so much! Yes! I am so excited now! They swing about as much as I would have liked them to swing!

No update today, but I will build a lot more tomorrow (Christmas Eve!) so I will update then. On the bright side, I made the gates automatic, so I took a test of them for you guys!

The station gates are automated with the Lego Mindstorms NXT motor. It is programmed to wait 15 seconds in between each gates opening to simulate the trains run time on the track. (on the final it will be a longer time) The motor that runs for 10 seconds at the end will switch on the lift, and then switch it off at the end. I know that the middle of the station does sag though, so I will work on fixing that to make it more straight.

Edit: I didn't know breathe really loud...

Comment!

Posted Image

#95 TheSUCKCrew

TheSUCKCrew

Way too old

• 4095 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 06:14 PM

You got me excited!
I hope you'll get as good as this as steel, it looks promissing so far.
Also, is this the coaster you are gonna nominate for the wintercontest?

-Suck.

#96 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 06:47 PM

Hey, you did that really well! The gates work perfectly, and the gears underneath are compact too. I don't understand what the other motor is for, though?

#97 TheSUCKCrew

TheSUCKCrew

Way too old

• 4095 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 06:48 PM

Isn't that for the lifthill?

#98 Knexrule11

Knexrule11

Sferico's President

• 4456 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 09:25 PM

I would guess it's for pushing the train out of the station. But thats amazing jumpge! Your really amazing me. Move on!

MySSCoasterssig.png
SfericoUserbar-1.png

#99 alpal

alpal

Lead Engineer

• 1215 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 10:38 PM

Thank you for removing the weights!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Weights slow down the train and restrict the swinging.

#100 Blackkitty

Blackkitty

Meow!

• 1705 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 11:23 PM

You breathe really loudly. On a side note, the automation looks nice.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: over banked turn, turn, woodie