over banked turn turn woodie

• Please log in to reply
286 replies to this topic

#61 Knexrule11

Knexrule11

Sferico's President

• 4456 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 09:22 PM

The turn does look a little bumpy. Fix that, but this turn really turned out well, I like it! Move on!

:ph34r: SSCoasters Moderator :ph34r:
Fear the Bankatana | The SSCoasters Forum Rules

MySSCoasterssig.png
SfericoUserbar-1.png
Maverick|Tatsu|TTD|Fahrenheit|Skyrush|MF|Cheetah Hunt|Storm Runner|SheiKra|Montu
Coaster Count: 102

#62 The Stig

The Stig

Some say...

• 4609 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 11:17 PM

That is a very nice turn, indeed.
EDIT: Is that a guitar amp?

#63 Jogumpie

Jogumpie

Living through the great Gump hiatus...

• 13586 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 02:55 AM

The turn does look a little bumpy.

I'm growing tired of misplaced comments like these.

SSCoasters Administrator
The SSCoasters Forum Rules
DD_signature.jpg
YoutubeButton.pngFacebookButton.png

#64 Blackkitty

Blackkitty

Meow!

• 1705 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 06:57 PM

That looks pretty darn good for now, just look at the track and fix some of the very small irregularaties

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#65 DDRman732865

DDRman732865

Going Back for Master's for some reason

• 5251 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 07:26 PM

Turn looks nice, very strong.

#66 alpal

alpal

Lead Engineer

• 1215 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 05:35 PM

Wow. Dang. This ride is going to be better than my suspended. Good job

#67 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 09:35 PM

The turn looks great. I'm glad that other people are trying suspended coasters too! :D

#68 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 08:11 PM

The turn looks great. I'm glad that other people are trying suspended coasters too! :D

Thanks! I was inspired by your coaster and I feel that suspended coasters have a winter feel for an odd reason. :huh: Thanks! :P

Well, this coaster is not canceled, but there has been a delay because school work and studying was catching up to me, but major tests are now over plus Winter Break is coming up so I have a lot of free building time! I have built a small tun section and have made the start of an amazing element that i cant reveal yet. :iyes Pictures!

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Comment! :rfro

Posted Image

#69 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 08:52 PM

This next element should be epic if you pull it off well. It looks like you have a great start so far!

#70 Blackkitty

Blackkitty

Meow!

• 1705 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 10:22 PM

Although you have a bunch of track to support connections, I think they could be a little closer. Espically the ones at the top of the new element, they are granites! That is a rule of thumb for me a support cannot be that far.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#71 The Stig

The Stig

Some say...

• 4609 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 01:02 AM

^^ I agree. Everything so far looks very good.

#72 RollerManiac

RollerManiac

Lead Engineer

• 2490 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 08:08 PM

I think that it should turn more before it hits the pullout, like on I305. Why are the supports for the base so big? You need to save parts, FYI. Not really much to say. Make the first turn like Flight Deck's? Watchout for the supports, because they look shaky. The connections are awesome! Good work!

Formally RK500

#73 SuperTKDKid

SuperTKDKid

Lead Engineer

• 2750 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 09:31 PM

RK, he based it of BBW's second drop. It is perfect for a suspended coaster.

Posted Image

#74 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

Lead Particle Physicist and Musical Orchestrator

• 2812 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 09:49 PM

=[ i liked the original layout, but this one's cool too. again, looks sturdy, but we'll need a new test video of the new layout to make sure its not like the old one, jello. Lookin good so far!

Member of a few physics experiments; Orchestrator and/or Copyist for a few musicals.

#75 tornado96

tornado96

VV Australia

• 922 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 11:36 PM

This is the perfect example of track-support connections. Great job!

#76 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 12:17 AM

^Not quite in my opinion. I like how many he has. But when that are that long, I find that they need another support with them to create a triangle. There's only so much those long single supports can to.

Shaping looks good. I'm not sure that I would have the track that far from the main supports though.

SSCoasters Staff
The SSCoasters Forum Rules

cincinnatibearcats07sp-1.jpg

GigaSonic XLC, Déjà Vu, Werewolf, WildSide, Thunderhawk, Kaibutsu, Diamondback, Couloir

SVengeance|Voyage|LightningRod|Goliath(SFGAm)|OutlawRun|Fury325|RF2|Taron|StormChaser|Orion|

Coaster Count: 300

#77 Jumpge

Jumpge

• 3930 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 06:56 PM

This next element should be epic if you pull it off well. It looks like you have a great start so far!

Thanks a lot! I hope to make this element as spot on to a Tee! I really want this to look great. Thanks!

Although you have a bunch of track to support connections, I think they could be a little closer. Espically the ones at the top of the new element, they are granites! That is a rule of thumb for me a support cannot be that far.

Well, the track to support connections are far sturdier than my expectations, and I have to say that I work and shape track a lot better with farther away track connections from the supports. It's just easier to shape with for me and I can support it really well with a ton. Thanks though!

^^ I agree. Everything so far looks very good.

Thanks a lot, but you can read my post to Blackkitty to confirm what I have said about supports.

I think that it should turn more before it hits the pullout, like on I305. Why are the supports for the base so big? You need to save parts, FYI. Not really much to say. Make the first turn like Flight Deck's? Watchout for the supports, because they look shaky. The connections are awesome! Good work!

Well, thanks, but the supports for the base are so big because it is a lot harder to have a sturdy base on a suspended/inverted than it is to have on a regular sit down, so therefore the base has to be larger and stronger. I was hoping to get a test on the ride up when my next update comes when I have finished half of the element, and to my surprise, the thing does not shake at all! And I actually mean rock solid! I was surprised though. Otherwise, thanks!

RK, he based it of BBW's second drop. It is perfect for a suspended coaster.

Thanks a lot man!

=[ i liked the original layout, but this one's cool too. again, looks sturdy, but we'll need a new test video of the new layout to make sure its not like the old one, jello. Lookin good so far!

As I said to Rollerkid500, rock solid, really...

This is the perfect example of track-support connections. Great job!

Thanks man!

^Not quite in my opinion. I like how many he has. But when that are that long, I find that they need another support with them to create a triangle. There's only so much those long single supports can to.

Shaping looks good. I'm not sure that I would have the track that far from the main supports though.

Well, as i said to Blackkitty, it is easier for me to support the thing under the track with longer support to track connections, so yeah. You can read the post i said to get more details. Thanks thoughts for posting! I love it when staff post on my threads! It really makes me think to impress you guys, and i think I just might have!

I hope to have an update this weekend when i get to build a lot, so also expect a test video up with the next update brought to you by my new JVC Everio HD camera! Until then, comment!

:rfro

Posted Image

#78 Jumpge

Jumpge

• 3930 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 06:08 PM

DOUBLE POST!!

Well, YouTube was giving me problems with a test video of the ride, but I just got it up on YouTube, but it is private FYI. But otherwise...

I have made half of the element that I wanted to make and it goes through with great speed! Wanna look? Here ya go!

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

[^View in HD!] The only other thing is the cars. The cars are supposed to be swinging on the element when it is banked 90 degrees, but it is not really swinging at all! SO MAD! What should I do about this to make the cars swing at 90 degrees so it is a true swingy suspended coaster?

COMMENT!

Posted Image

#79 TheSUCKCrew

TheSUCKCrew

Way too old

• 4095 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 06:17 PM

That element is giving me a grey rod!
It look so great, really, its awesome.
Really nice shaping, good track=>support connections.
Well done, don't you dare to cancel this;)

-Suck.

#80 HamenChiz

HamenChiz

HamenChiz

• 680 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 07:34 PM

Maybe lube the joints to make it swing.
BTW the coaster looks cool, supports look good too, trackwork is AMAZING and it's really awesome.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: over banked turn, turn, woodie