new looper

• Please log in to reply
220 replies to this topic

#1 Blitz Kid 900

Blitz Kid 900

Construction Worker

• 100 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 12:20 AM

WARNING DO NOT BUY ANY OF THE FOLLOWINGS ON THIS EBAY LIST. He promises that the PDF Will be sent right away after purchase.

Here's the list of what The K'nex Source is selling.

knex coaster manuals items - Get great deals on Toys Hobbies items on eBay.com!

Signature removed

#2 scott

scott

Architect

• 566 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 12:25 AM

I knew it was a scam IF i REALY wanted a manual id buy a actualy knex booklet.
Did you buy one from him?
EDIT:if you did this may help you http://pages.ebay.co...rage/index.html

Steam: rodimus113
MC and XBL: rodimuz
PC:
amd a4-3420, r5 230, 8gb ddr3 1333

#3 HamenChiz

HamenChiz

HamenChiz

• 680 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 12:42 AM

I hate to see that all our inventions and innovations are being stolen and sold at a price to earn money.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#4 Blitz Kid 900

Blitz Kid 900

Construction Worker

• 100 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 12:53 AM

I bought all 6 manuals which is the $24.49 pack. I'm grounded for a week for using my dads debit card without permission.

Signature removed

#5 Maxlaam

Maxlaam

Tracing Tyrant's Steps

• 8116 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 05:13 AM

Any chance you are coasterfan123 on e-bay?

SSCoasters Administrator
Read The Forum Rules(smart)

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#6 RollerManiac

RollerManiac

Lead Engineer

• 2490 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 09:22 AM

Everyone, go spam him now!

Lets make our own...

Formally RK500

#7 Knexrule11

Knexrule11

Sferico's President

• 4456 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 09:26 AM

I bought all 6 manuals which is the $24.49 pack. I'm grounded for a week for using my dads debit card without permission.

So he didn't send them to you? And is the automatic station gates the same as RWT's? What did he do that made you mad?

:ph34r: SSCoasters Moderator :ph34r:
Fear the Bankatana | The SSCoasters Forum Rules

MySSCoasterssig.png
SfericoUserbar-1.png
Maverick|Tatsu|TTD|Fahrenheit|Skyrush|MF|Cheetah Hunt|Storm Runner|SheiKra|Montu
Coaster Count: 102

#8 chaindogg33

chaindogg33

Constructioneer

• 312 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 10:13 AM

let me please say something here. I bought all 6 of his manuals (if it is the same guy) in July of 2010. His name (real name) is Danny Cohen. If you search for "Knex twisted fury" on youtube you will see a coaster he made, and i guess his youtube name was havic136. I got all the guides over email in PDF format IMMEDIATELY after sending him the $$. So i don't think that he scams people in that way. I have to admit, now i think that he has stolen some ideas from SSC, for example his hidden friction brakes guide is simply a copy of KCB design's brake system! Also, his "guide to perfect cars" is the same as Coaster55's guide...exactly. Question: IS Coaster55 Danny Cohen? If not, then he stole ideas and is selling them on ebay for $$.
I willl say one thing though, he at least gives props to SSC in his beginner guide. Here's a quote from it:

"The very first thing that you should do, before anything (including
finishing this sentence) is register with the online K’nex Screamin’
Serpent Coaster Forum, Screamin' Serpent Coasters - K'NEX & CoasterDynamix Models. It is 110% free. This is
an online community of K’nex roller coaster builders like you and I.
Here everyone uploads pictures and videos of their coasters and shares it
with everyone else."

I have to admit, if it wasn't for Danny Cohen and his "guides" i might not have registered with SSC. Ironic isn't it??

-CD33

Posted Image

#9 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 10:25 AM

Coaster55 lives in Texas, so it's not the same person.

SSCoasters Staff
The SSCoasters Forum Rules

cincinnatibearcats07sp-1.jpg

GigaSonic XLC, Déjà Vu, Werewolf, WildSide, Thunderhawk, Kaibutsu, Diamondback, Couloir

SVengeance|Voyage|LightningRod|Goliath(SFGAm)|OutlawRun|Fury325|RF2|Taron|StormChaser|Orion|

Coaster Count: 300

#10 Knexrule11

Knexrule11

Sferico's President

• 4456 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 10:45 AM

I talked to this guy on ebay a year ago, and he said that all the manuals are his. He made them without any help. I just dug them up, this is his SSC account: View Profile: havic136

We really have to take legal issues here. He is stealing money from our website. I think that we need to find a way to contact ebay and get him banned. Than BGT should start a ebay account to sell our manuals. I'd be willing to make some for him. Someone want to call ebay, I think that would be the best way to get him banned.

MySSCoasterssig.png
SfericoUserbar-1.png
Maverick|Tatsu|TTD|Fahrenheit|Skyrush|MF|Cheetah Hunt|Storm Runner|SheiKra|Montu

#11 Jogumpie

Jogumpie

Living through the great Gump hiatus...

• 13586 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 10:54 AM

I don't think that our stuff should be sold altogether. It's public to everyone (even to the ones who don't join) and no one should pay for it.

SSCoasters Administrator
DD_signature.jpg
YoutubeButton.pngFacebookButton.png

#12 Knexrule11

Knexrule11

Sferico's President

• 4456 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 10:58 AM

I never thought of that, true.

MySSCoasterssig.png
SfericoUserbar-1.png

#13 RollerManiac

RollerManiac

Lead Engineer

• 2490 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 11:10 AM

I talked to this guy on ebay a year ago, and he said that all the manuals are his. He made them without any help. I just dug them up, this is his SSC account: View Profile: havic136

We really have to take legal issues here. He is stealing money from our website. I think that we need to find a way to contact ebay and get him banned. Than BGT should start a ebay account to sell our manuals. I'd be willing to make some for him. Someone want to call ebay, I think that would be the best way to get him banned.

I think that that's a great idea! The money should go to SSC!

Formally RK500

#14 Knexrule11

Knexrule11

Sferico's President

• 4456 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 11:45 AM

I just had a great idea. We could make new manuals, and give them to BGT, he sells them on ebay, and recommends joining SSCoasters.net and look at the other tutorials there. I'd be willing to make "The basics of Knex" tutorial which would include the best amount of crossties to use per flexrod. The correct box to use well building (grainite by grainite), etc. How do you guys like that? I'd be willing to go start right now.

MySSCoasterssig.png
SfericoUserbar-1.png

#15 RollerManiac

RollerManiac

Lead Engineer

• 2490 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 11:49 AM

I was planning on doing something like that. Also, the money would go to the site.

Formally RK500

#16 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 11:52 AM

I don't think that our stuff should be sold altogether. It's public to everyone (even to the ones who don't join) and no one should pay for it.

Really guys...?

SSCoasters Staff

cincinnatibearcats07sp-1.jpg

GigaSonic XLC, Déjà Vu, Werewolf, WildSide, Thunderhawk, Kaibutsu, Diamondback, Couloir

SVengeance|Voyage|LightningRod|Goliath(SFGAm)|OutlawRun|Fury325|RF2|Taron|StormChaser|Orion|

Coaster Count: 300

#17 Knexrule11

Knexrule11

Sferico's President

• 4456 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 12:30 PM

^ I was thinking we would make a few tutorials that wouldn't be on SSC. I think that if he gets banned, nothings going to stop him or someone else from making a new channel and selling manuals like that. I think it would help if we put some "Official SSCoasters Manuals" up on Ebay, that would lessen the chance that he would make a another channel to sell them. Then we would be able to get out the news of SSC to alot of others, like chaindog said, if he didn't buy that manual, he probrably wouldn't be here. There are others out there that would like to post there stuff here too. I just thought it would be a good way to get more members and help pay for the site.

MySSCoasterssig.png
SfericoUserbar-1.png

#18 Blitz Kid 900

Blitz Kid 900

Construction Worker

• 100 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 12:47 PM

Maxlaam yes I am coasterfan123 I just put a different year of age so I can buy stuff on ebay. and Chaindogg33 My files were never sent they were supposedly supposed to be sent to me on the 24th of this month but when I checked my email everyday of that week nothing showed up. Jogumpie and Maxlaam heres his email if you wann get into contact with him. DCohenJD@gmail.com.

Signature removed

#19 commando

commando

Actual Engineer

• 1982 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 12:56 PM

Wow. I agree that this site is free for all and the guides should be too. I think we just need to get him banned from ebay. I dont think we should start trying to sell guides ourselves

#20 Maxlaam

Maxlaam

Tracing Tyrant's Steps

• 8116 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 01:15 PM

The reason we don't want stuff being sold is that he takes pictures from our site. Those pictures contain our homes and stuff and he spread them around for profit. When I upload a picture here on SSC I want to know that just you guys can see what I or my home looks like. Besides that he took a bunch of tutorial from this site and is selling them and claiming he made them.

SSCoasters Administrator
Read The Forum Rules(smart)

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: new looper