new looper

• Please log in to reply
220 replies to this topic

#21 TheSUCKCrew

TheSUCKCrew

Way too old

• 4095 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 05:36 PM

I think I was the first one to come up with this idea, and my only intention was to just create tutorials that are better, but mostly, cheaper.
That way noone would buy his tutorials, and he would go bankrupt.

- Suck.

#22 HamenChiz

HamenChiz

HamenChiz

• 680 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 05:44 PM

Let's BAN the holy F*****.

(Sorry for the cuswords)

I agree with Rollerkid500 & Knexrule11
Selling manuals would help the site a lot, to gain money for maintainance.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#23 TheSUCKCrew

TheSUCKCrew

Way too old

• 4095 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 05:50 PM

No no no no no! This should be free to use. Can you imagine someone spending months for saving enough money for their first SS, and then they also have to pay for a tutorial? That is hearthless IMO.

Max Ibarra, I just found out that you can "return your item" and get your money back:)
I'm deffinatly going to do that after my 6-manuals set arrived and I copyed them.

#24 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

Lead Particle Physicist and Musical Orchestrator

• 2812 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 05:53 PM

^Exactly what I did. The scam deserves the loss of money.

I bout his intermediate guide about a year ago, it sucked, a lot. the coaster itself was horrible, and overall it was just misleading. It says intermidiate guide, but its just an instruction booklet.

I advise not to buy any of his.

Member of a few physics experiments; Orchestrator and/or Copyist for a few musicals.

#25 TheSUCKCrew

TheSUCKCrew

Way too old

• 4095 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 06:13 PM

YAAAAAY!!!!! I won the bid! As soon as he sends it to me, I can finally start building real quality coasters.
Darn, I'm so exited right now.

Btw, I payed only $0,99 for all 6 tutorials:)

#26 chaindogg33

chaindogg33

Constructioneer

• 312 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 09:45 PM

One more thing guys, here is an excerpt from one of his ebay sales descriptions (for the guides):

"Rather than just giving you another set of plain jane instructions on how to build a pre designed coaster. This manual goes furhter - the whole fun of building is desinged the coaster on your own and not having to follow someone elses design. Trust me it's a much more rewarding expierience - and that's what I aim to do.

This manual was created by me, and is copyrighted material"

Coyrighted??? he stole your ideas and is claiming that it is all HIS stuff and it is protected by law...what an ass.

-CD33

Posted Image

#27 commando

commando

Actual Engineer

• 1982 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 09:51 PM

Ya someone needs to have a chat with this guy. Thats a load of BS. We sould start trying to sell a copy of his (stolen) manuel and see what he does.

#28 HamenChiz

HamenChiz

HamenChiz

• 680 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 09:59 PM

I got a good idea, if we could only convice people to go to SSCoasters.net, they would get free instructions, thus not spending their money for a Booklet full of stealed ideas.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#29 The Stig

The Stig

Some say...

• 4609 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 10:12 PM

How did he manage to make instructions for all those coasters anyway?

#30 HamenChiz

HamenChiz

HamenChiz

• 680 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 10:41 PM

^ What do you mean? Which coasters?

Posted Image
Posted Image

#31 Maxlaam

Maxlaam

Tracing Tyrant's Steps

• 8116 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 10:50 AM

The staff is going to review all the manuals soon and check for all the stolen material (photos, tutorials).

Edit: I was about to contact a friend of the family who is an international lawyer (he could give us some tips) but all the items are removed now!

SSCoasters Administrator
Read The Forum Rules(smart)

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#32 ForgotToGrowUp

ForgotToGrowUp

Lead Engineer

• 1732 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 01:13 PM

I'm sure Danny Cohen monitors this place, it's where he gets his material.

He probably decided to lay low for a while

Comet Recreation still underway.

Proof you never grow up if you keep playing with toys!

#33 Jogumpie

Jogumpie

Living through the great Gump hiatus...

• 13586 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 01:32 PM

IP-ban works well. Also got rid of his items on eBay.

SSCoasters Administrator
The SSCoasters Forum Rules
DD_signature.jpg
YoutubeButton.pngFacebookButton.png

#34 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

• 2812 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 01:50 PM

^ What do you mean? Which coasters?

He has instructions for making some of his "custom" coasters.

Member of a few physics experiments; Orchestrator and/or Copyist for a few musicals.

#35 Knexrule11

Knexrule11

Sferico's President

• 4456 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 01:54 PM

Whats the lowest price we can sell for on ebay? Isn't it 1 cent? Why don't we sell manuals for 1 cent on Ebay? Or maybe $.50. Than it's cheap, and it wouldn't be possible for that guy to make a comeback. Our manuals will rat him out. Than we say "Official SSCoasters Manuals". We say that the other guy stole some of SSC's ideas, but he only took a few, and that we have alot more at SSC. I think that would bring in some people, and then there practically free like we want them. It's a win/win in my opinion.

:ph34r: SSCoasters Moderator :ph34r:
Fear the Bankatana | The SSCoasters Forum Rules

MySSCoasterssig.png
SfericoUserbar-1.png
Maverick|Tatsu|TTD|Fahrenheit|Skyrush|MF|Cheetah Hunt|Storm Runner|SheiKra|Montu
Coaster Count: 102

#36 Maxlaam

Maxlaam

Tracing Tyrant's Steps

• 8116 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 02:09 PM

I've seen those manuals myself and they are all straight copies. Anyway his items are removed and we will keep tracking his activities on e-bay.

SSCoasters Administrator

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#37 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

• 2812 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 02:20 PM

^Good!

^^Well why don't they just visit SSC to get the copies. Do we really need all the money? (Although I do know that it does take $$ to run SSC)

#38 chaindogg33

chaindogg33

Constructioneer

• 312 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 02:22 PM

I'm glad the issue "took care of itself" so quickly ;)

I personally don't know where i stand on the idea of SSC selling manuals on EBAY. I like the idea that it could put Danny out of business but I have to agree with Jogumpie and Max that SSC and it's ideas are totally free for everyone to use. If we really want to make money for the site then WE the members should just make donations. As a matter of fact, I'm going to make one now. When i think of all I've learned here and all I have been able to share in under one year, it's amazing.

Maybe if the staff or a group of members collaborate and make several "official" manuals, explaining the basics and telling others to join SSC, then sell them on EBAY for very cheap, I don't think it would be a horrible idea. But what MAX said about pictures of our homes being viewed by everyone is very true. So once again i'm really not sure where i stand on it.

Has anyone thought of the idea of trying to contact KNEX themselves directly to advertise for us on thier website as well as in thier new instruction manuals? Imagine buying a new micro ride from Toys R Us, and seeing an ad for SSC.net in the booklet?? You guys know that the original Screamin' Serpent set instruction manuals had an endorsement from ACE on the 1st page? Maybe KNEX would like SSC to "endorse" them too! I mean, knex can make SSC money by directing people to our site, but SSC definatley can make KNEX money as well, since once you are a member of SSC you start buying knex like crazy! I have placed many orders of parts that were not available on EBAY from the KNEX online store, and i'm sure others have too. I think that KNEX would be very proud of SSC and all the creations on here, seeing their products put to good use. Just an idea....

-CD33

Posted Image

#39 BGTKing

BGTKing

Administrator

• 7516 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 02:31 PM

SSCoasters was mentioned in a manual. I think it was the one with the video camera car.

#40 Maxlaam

Maxlaam

Tracing Tyrant's Steps

• 8116 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 02:48 PM

Extreme View Coaster :)

SSCoasters Administrator

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: new looper