new looper

• Please log in to reply
220 replies to this topic

#41 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

Lead Particle Physicist and Musical Orchestrator

• 2812 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 02:51 PM

If you all plan on selling them on E-bay, why not make another page for SSC: "SSCbay.com" hahahahah.

Member of a few physics experiments; Orchestrator and/or Copyist for a few musicals.

#42 ForgotToGrowUp

ForgotToGrowUp

Lead Engineer

• 1732 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 04:57 PM

FYI. If you post pictures of your "private home" on an open forum on the internet you will never be able to claim someone making copies of it are an invasion of your privacy. You willingly gave up your privacy for the 15 seconds of fame on SSC.

If he snuck into your house and took the picture you could make a case, but the only thing wrong with copying publicly displayed images could be intellectual property issues, and only if you adequately copyrighted the material BEFORE you made it public.

Comet Recreation still underway.

Proof you never grow up if you keep playing with toys!

#43 BGTKing

BGTKing

Administrator

• 7516 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 05:00 PM

Using images (or content) is one thing. Selling them is another.

#44 Maxlaam

Maxlaam

Tracing Tyrant's Steps

• 8116 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 05:01 PM

Besides, it is a scam after all. He copied stuff from our site and sold them while they are available for free!

SSCoasters Administrator
Read The Forum Rules(smart)

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#45 Knexrule11

Knexrule11

Sferico's President

• 4456 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 05:10 PM

I'm glad the issue "took care of itself" so quickly ;)

I personally don't know where i stand on the idea of SSC selling manuals on EBAY. I like the idea that it could put Danny out of business but I have to agree with Jogumpie and Max that SSC and it's ideas are totally free for everyone to use. If we really want to make money for the site then WE the members should just make donations. As a matter of fact, I'm going to make one now. When i think of all I've learned here and all I have been able to share in under one year, it's amazing.

Maybe if the staff or a group of members collaborate and make several "official" manuals, explaining the basics and telling others to join SSC, then sell them on EBAY for very cheap, I don't think it would be a horrible idea. But what MAX said about pictures of our homes being viewed by everyone is very true. So once again i'm really not sure where i stand on it.

Has anyone thought of the idea of trying to contact KNEX themselves directly to advertise for us on thier website as well as in thier new instruction manuals? Imagine buying a new micro ride from Toys R Us, and seeing an ad for SSC.net in the booklet?? You guys know that the original Screamin' Serpent set instruction manuals had an endorsement from ACE on the 1st page? Maybe KNEX would like SSC to "endorse" them too! I mean, knex can make SSC money by directing people to our site, but SSC definatley can make KNEX money as well, since once you are a member of SSC you start buying knex like crazy! I have placed many orders of parts that were not available on EBAY from the KNEX online store, and i'm sure others have too. I think that KNEX would be very proud of SSC and all the creations on here, seeing their products put to good use. Just an idea....

Thats exactly what I think. And I think that it would be a great idea to get us on there website, maybe under something like "links"(I know they don't have a "links" page). But I

:ph34r: SSCoasters Moderator :ph34r:
Fear the Bankatana | The SSCoasters Forum Rules

MySSCoasterssig.png
SfericoUserbar-1.png
Maverick|Tatsu|TTD|Fahrenheit|Skyrush|MF|Cheetah Hunt|Storm Runner|SheiKra|Montu
Coaster Count: 102

#46 BubbleMan 32714

BubbleMan 32714

V Cube Solver

• 717 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 05:14 PM

I agree with Maxlaam. Why sell if you can see them on here everyday it's not like their going anywhere right. I wouldn't want someone else knowing what my home looks like. Especially if he or she are not an ssc member. That's my opinion on this matter.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#47 CCI

CCI

Getting Furious in 2015

• 2019 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 06:47 PM

Too me it seems somewhat hypocritical to take them off, and then turn around and put them back up. I know that he was ripping them from our site and I'm not saying they shouldn't have been taken off ebay. I think they should be free to everyone.

Congrats to Max and Gump for getting this issue resolved so quickly.

Posted Image

l El Toro l Fury325 l I305 l Skyrush l RFII l

DEY TUK ER JERBS!!

My RCT2 Projects!

RCT2 Help/Download

#48 Jogumpie

Jogumpie

Living through the great Gump hiatus...

• 13586 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 06:49 PM

It's not resolved yet. He's still in action and we'll trace his steps.

SSCoasters Administrator
The SSCoasters Forum Rules
DD_signature.jpg
YoutubeButton.pngFacebookButton.png

#49 Legoguy1395

Legoguy1395

Construction Foreman

• 260 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 08:06 PM

So why do you have to join to get to the tutorials section? I thought you didn't have to register to access almost all of the site.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Skyrush|New Texas Giant|Outlaw Run|Intimidator 305|Bizarro|X2|Voyage|Boulder dash|Leviathan|Maverick

My youtube channel!

#50 Knexrule11

Knexrule11

Sferico's President

• 4456 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 08:10 PM

He's back! Now he's selling on a CD. Obvius. He figured out barts plan by scaning SSC. Please ban him perma. And fix the ebay issue.

MySSCoasterssig.png
SfericoUserbar-1.png
Maverick|Tatsu|TTD|Fahrenheit|Skyrush|MF|Cheetah Hunt|Storm Runner|SheiKra|Montu

#51 chaindogg33

chaindogg33

Constructioneer

• 312 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 08:19 PM

I notice that his SSC membership has been banned. But i wonder if he will just simply create a new SSC username (account) with a different email address. From now on ALL new users on here are SUSPECT!

Just kidding, i had to add some humor to an angry topic.

I have to ask also, is there really anything that you can do legally considering the fact that this is an open, public forum and the information posted in threads (such as the tutorials) is not copyright protected?

-CD33

Posted Image

#52 Knexrule11

Knexrule11

Sferico's President

• 4456 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 08:24 PM

^ He has been banned, but he can still surf SSC, he just can't post. He needs to be banned so he can't see SSC. And I would guess they are copyrighted.

MySSCoasterssig.png
SfericoUserbar-1.png

#53 Knexrule11

Knexrule11

Sferico's President

• 4456 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 08:35 PM

DP.

I think that we need to get some manuals up right now. Maybe they just say in the discription: This tutorial is avalible at SSCoasters.net. The other guy selling these is stealing them from us. Please don't buy his sets. If you would like help go there.

I think just do that as a temperary fix.

MySSCoasterssig.png
SfericoUserbar-1.png

#54 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 09:18 PM

So why do you have to join to get to the tutorials section? I thought you didn't have to register to access almost all of the site.

To prevent something like this from happening again.

He's back! Now he's selling on a CD. Obvius. He figured out barts plan by scaning SSC. Please ban him perma. And fix the ebay issue.

Working on it...

I notice that his SSC membership has been banned. But i wonder if he will just simply create a new SSC username (account) with a different email address. From now on ALL new users on here are SUSPECT!

Just kidding, i had to add some humor to an angry topic.

I have to ask also, is there really anything that you can do legally considering the fact that this is an open, public forum and the information posted in threads (such as the tutorials) is not copyright protected?

We can tell, just as anybody who tries to get around a ban. And we're looking into it.

^ He has been banned, but he can still surf SSC, he just can't post. He needs to be banned so he can't see SSC. And I would guess they are copyrighted.

IP ban, but that is in the admins' powers.

DP.

I think that we need to get some manuals up right now. Maybe they just say in the discription: This tutorial is avalible at SSCoasters.net. The other guy selling these is stealing them from us. Please don't buy his sets. If you would like help go there.

I think just do that as a temperary fix.

We're not putting anything up. We're focusing on stopping it long term instead of short term. Take a chill pill. You're only 13, while all the staff are at least 18 (Max is close enough, few more months). We're taking care of this.

SSCoasters Staff

cincinnatibearcats07sp-1.jpg

GigaSonic XLC, Déjà Vu, Werewolf, WildSide, Thunderhawk, Kaibutsu, Diamondback, Couloir

SVengeance|Voyage|LightningRod|Goliath(SFGAm)|OutlawRun|Fury325|RF2|Taron|StormChaser|Orion|

Coaster Count: 300

#55 Legoguy1395

Legoguy1395

Construction Foreman

• 260 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 09:31 PM

To prevent something like this from happening again.

Doh! Somtimes I forget to think..

But I still have the best grades in my class...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Skyrush|New Texas Giant|Outlaw Run|Intimidator 305|Bizarro|X2|Voyage|Boulder dash|Leviathan|Maverick

My youtube channel!

#56 RollerManiac

RollerManiac

Lead Engineer

• 2490 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 09:41 PM

He's at it again!

Formally RK500

#57 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 09:49 PM

^ We already know. We're checking his account every time each of us gets on.

SSCoasters Staff

cincinnatibearcats07sp-1.jpg

GigaSonic XLC, Déjà Vu, Werewolf, WildSide, Thunderhawk, Kaibutsu, Diamondback, Couloir

SVengeance|Voyage|LightningRod|Goliath(SFGAm)|OutlawRun|Fury325|RF2|Taron|StormChaser|Orion|

Coaster Count: 300

#58 RollerManiac

RollerManiac

Lead Engineer

• 2490 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 10:01 PM

I think that this guy should give some of his money he made off of the PDFs to the site.

Formally RK500

#59 Jogumpie

Jogumpie

Living through the great Gump hiatus...

• 13586 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 12:31 AM

We're doing the best we can. He has been IP-banned even before these items were removed, so don't worry there.

SSCoasters Administrator
DD_signature.jpg
YoutubeButton.pngFacebookButton.png

#60 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 01:31 AM

I think that this guy should give some of his money he made off of the PDFs to the site.

I don't think it's quite that easy. Anyone who has gone through this much trouble already probably won't be too eager to give up the profit they've made. I suspect the only way to get some money out of this guy would be to force him legally.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: new looper