• Please log in to reply
220 replies to this topic

#81 KnexKat

KnexKat

"Sarge"

• PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 05:04 PM

Good, he's been caught...good job forum mods!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Never Give up....because people will always complain about you giving up

!

#82 Maxlaam

Maxlaam

Tracing Tyrant's Steps

• 8116 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 07:57 AM

He lowered the price because he doesn't sell as much anymore. Still available on CD. And we are still working on it.

SSCoasters Administrator
Read The Forum Rules(smart)

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#83 Knexrule11

Knexrule11

Sferico's President

• 4456 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 08:08 AM

Once again, I just wanted to state my opinion. I think if we put up a "Official SSCoasters Manual" on Ebay for 1 cent (or the cheapest we can get it), that would stop him dead. Of course it would have to be made now, becouse it couldn't be on the website. But I think that's the best way to stop him indeffently, plus we still get the new members that his manuals got.

KR11

:ph34r: SSCoasters Moderator :ph34r:
Fear the Bankatana | The SSCoasters Forum Rules

MySSCoasterssig.png
SfericoUserbar-1.png
Maverick|Tatsu|TTD|Fahrenheit|Skyrush|MF|Cheetah Hunt|Storm Runner|SheiKra|Montu
Coaster Count: 102

#84 Britfag

Britfag

Everybody's Russian!

• 3818 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 08:24 AM

If anyone's bought the CD, he doesn't claim rights to selling the same CD for cheaper.
so, someone buy it, copy the cd however many times, and sell it for 1 cent. And at the end put 'For more great tutorials and extra help visit SSCoasters.net'
It'd stop him, and the 1c could go towards the site.. if it's really much difference..

#85 Roy

Roy

Construction Worker

• PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 07:23 AM

I get the impression that he has poorly wrote manual number 1 titled "The Beginners Manual"
(This is an introductory manual that will teach you the basics of building knex roller coasters. It is the essential starting point for all you beginners!) All 8 pages!
and manual number 2 titled "The Intermediate Manual"
(This manual is the next step. It will take you through the workings of a wooden style knex roller coaster. This coaster is called "The Shotgun Barrel" - I built this coaster and created a step-by-step manual that will show you exactly what pieces you need and how to build it.) All 21 pages!

My 10 year old daughter could have written better e-books.

We can't just sell his two manuals as he could turn the table on us and we end up being done for copyright!

But certainly we could produce our own e-book. There is no reason why any one on here can't produce a simple e-book containing there own work (not others) and selling it on e-bay for $0.01p. Making sure that the e-book also redirects the buyers to this site.

Check out my first build The Pen Dragon

#86 Knexrule11

Knexrule11

Sferico's President

• 4456 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 08:31 AM

^ I compleatly agree (Last paragraph).

MySSCoasterssig.png
SfericoUserbar-1.png
Maverick|Tatsu|TTD|Fahrenheit|Skyrush|MF|Cheetah Hunt|Storm Runner|SheiKra|Montu

#87 Knexrule11

Knexrule11

Sferico's President

• 4456 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 06:08 PM

He's still going, 25$ a piece, thats $100 off of our hard work. Are we still trying to stop him?

MySSCoasterssig.png
SfericoUserbar-1.png

#88 Maxlaam

Maxlaam

Tracing Tyrant's Steps

• 8116 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 06:10 PM

I was thinking about getting K'nex to help us if we get to a partnership. They support our community and appreciate our work, so I'm fairly sure they are on our side.

Even though you might see it as advertising, it isn't, they are so poorly written that it has a negative influence on our community.

SSCoasters Administrator

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#89 MP thrill rides

MP thrill rides

Lead Engineer

• 1973 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 10:10 PM

I say we sue him up the ass

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#90 ForgotToGrowUp

ForgotToGrowUp

Lead Engineer

• 1732 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 10:20 PM

I do not think Knex would want to get involved. This is between this community, Danny boy and eBay. I think reporting him repeatedly to eBay that it is stolen material is the only hope. If enough people complain they might get involved but I am sure it would have to be a lot of complaints.

Advertising similar things for $0.01 all over ebay would certainly discourage him. He's making easy money and clearly has not moral issues with stealing from you to do so. He's not going to stop on his own.

Comet Recreation still underway.

Proof you never grow up if you keep playing with toys!

#91 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 01:21 AM

^ I like that idea. We could "sell" items on ebay for $0.01, but just give people the link for free in the description. That could both advertise our site and discourage him from selling our manuals.

#92 ForgotToGrowUp

ForgotToGrowUp

Lead Engineer

• 1732 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 07:29 AM

And put right in the ad...

"You will see other KNex roller coaster manuals advertised on eBay for much more money but those manuals do not contain any information you can not get for free just by going to sscoasters.net ."

Buy it now $0.01, free shipping.

Comet Recreation still underway.

Proof you never grow up if you keep playing with toys!

#93 Maxlaam

Maxlaam

Tracing Tyrant's Steps

• 8116 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 07:34 AM

If anybody is willing to compile a few tutorials for us then we'll look into it. But before anybody puts anything online let me please wait for my next reply from e-bay.

Besides that I'm not 100% sure it's allowed to make note of another person selling those and discouraging people to buy it from him.

SSCoasters Administrator

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#94 Roy

Roy

Construction Worker

• PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 08:04 AM

I've just Report this item to e-bay, by clicking the Report Item link on e-bay on the K'nex coaster manuals description page. I've also ask for my money back.

I'll let you know how I get on.

#95 MichaelG

MichaelG

Architect

• 504 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 10:00 AM

Roy, the idea of the manual to sell on ebay is something I have been thinking about.

Say if we allworked together to make an extremely good manual to sell, we could use the money we get from it to donate to fund this site, that way it might be easier to fund the site, what do you think?

#96 Jogumpie

Jogumpie

Living through the great Gump hiatus...

• 13586 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 10:54 AM

Like has been said before: we're not going to make money off content we regard as free for all members.

SSCoasters Administrator
The SSCoasters Forum Rules
DD_signature.jpg
YoutubeButton.pngFacebookButton.png

#97 Knexrule11

Knexrule11

Sferico's President

• 4456 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 11:47 AM

Like has been said before: we're not going to make money off content we regard as free for all members.

I agree with your reasoning. But why don't we make one/some that arn't on the website? I don't think a cent would be too much to pay for that either. If someone on SSC wanted it, they could just pull out a cent.

MySSCoasterssig.png
SfericoUserbar-1.png

#98 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 12:21 PM

^ That won't matter, because we are advertising our site on those manuals and its eBay page. If they join, they become members and have access to the free knowledge. So we won't be making a profit on these manuals period, whether the info is directly on the site or not.

SSCoasters Staff
The SSCoasters Forum Rules

cincinnatibearcats07sp-1.jpg

GigaSonic XLC, Déjà Vu, Werewolf, WildSide, Thunderhawk, Kaibutsu, Diamondback, Couloir

SVengeance|Voyage|LightningRod|Goliath(SFGAm)|OutlawRun|Fury325|RF2|Taron|StormChaser|Orion|

Coaster Count: 300

#99 MichaelG

MichaelG

Architect

• 504 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 04:36 AM

I agree with you,althogh I think it woud be nice to make a nice SSCoasters booklet :)

Then, when you become a member without the 'new' sig on your name, they could be emailed it in a PDF or something, if they want it of course...

The manual for beginners or something, just a nice starter?

#100 Roy

Roy

Construction Worker

• PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 04:57 AM

Roy, the idea of the manual to sell on ebay is something I have been thinking about.

Say if we allworked together to make an extremely good manual to sell, we could use the money we get from it to donate to fund this site, that way it might be easier to fund the site, what do you think?

I personally think it is down to the indervidials to write their own material and publish it. Proceeds can be donated to this site if they wish.

I have written and sold e-books before over the internet (nothing to do with K'nex coaster though). I can't do this any longer as I'm a carer for my disabled wife.

I also can't see why a small group of you can't club together and organise your own manuals containing your own work.

But the bottom line is, this guy selling work from this site needs to be stopped no matter what!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: new looper