220 replies to this topic

#61 Blackkitty

Blackkitty

Meow!

• 1705 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 06:10 AM

YouTube - Guillotine - Knex Roller Coaster
Look at the first comment!

lolololololol, people really believe that that is his coaster in the beginner manual. Complete scammer.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#62 commando

commando

Actual Engineer

• 1982 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 10:08 AM

^wow. it seems there are just people trying to make a quick buck every were these days. even with knex roller coasters.

#63 ForgotToGrowUp

ForgotToGrowUp

Lead Engineer

• 1732 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 10:14 AM

I saw a good one yesterday. I was looking for a deal on an AppleTV device. Saw an ebay ad for one. It had a full description of the device including specs and a picture and the BIN price was dirt cheap. Underneath the full description of the device it in smaller text "box only"

I wrote the guy and asked "does box only mean only the device shown in the picture without the remote or power cord or does it mean the cardboard box it came in.?"

Response was cardboard box.

Very misleading ad.

Comet Recreation still underway.

Proof you never grow up if you keep playing with toys!

#64 commando

commando

Actual Engineer

• 1982 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 01:57 PM

Why would anyone sell just a cardboard box? I bet atleast a few people have bought one of those thinking they were getting device and then got a big surprise when it got to their door.

#65 chaindogg33

chaindogg33

Constructioneer

• 312 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 02:42 PM

People are desperate these days. You need to be very careful, especially on EBAY, of what you purchase. And when something looks too good to be true, it usually is.

Edit: I was just on eBay and i did the only thing i found possible to try and defer people from buying his manuals. I went to (clicked on) "community>eBay Discussion Boards>Category-Specific Boards>Hobbies & Crafts" and i posted a thread warning people of exactly what Danny is doing and not to buy his manuals. I told anyone who reads it to come here 1st if they want that info. I hope you (the staff) don't mind that i did this. I also posted the same topic on "Toys & Hobbies"

-CD33

Posted Image

#66 TheSUCKCrew

TheSUCKCrew

Way too old

• 4095 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 09:26 AM

Just got a reply to my report, saying that the item doesn't exist no longer, and that they couldn't progress my report any longer.
Danny clearly just deleted the items after he saw this thread, which means that he is tracking us.
With our next strike, we have to make sure he can't see it.

#67 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 09:47 AM

*Moved to tutorial section to keep everything member private*

SSCoasters Staff
The SSCoasters Forum Rules

cincinnatibearcats07sp-1.jpg

GigaSonic XLC, Déjà Vu, Werewolf, WildSide, Thunderhawk, Kaibutsu, Diamondback, Couloir

SVengeance|Voyage|LightningRod|Goliath(SFGAm)|OutlawRun|Fury325|RF2|Taron|StormChaser|Orion|

Coaster Count: 300

#68 ForgotToGrowUp

ForgotToGrowUp

Lead Engineer

• 1732 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 10:46 AM

really surprised that Danny would be like this after he was an active member at one time. Does anyone remember him? Was there some kind of falling out?

#69 Maxlaam

Maxlaam

Tracing Tyrant's Steps

• 8116 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 11:04 AM

Just got a reply to my report, saying that the item doesn't exist no longer, and that they couldn't progress my report any longer.
Danny clearly just deleted the items after he saw this thread, which means that he is tracking us.
With our next strike, we have to make sure he can't see it.

His items were removed after we managed to get over 20 people to report his items, the staff must've done something about it. I didn't just ask you guys to report his items I did it on many more communities.

The staff is currently working on this issue and all we really can ask you guys to do it to report his items on e-bay. You can't do much more for us. We really are three steps ahead of what you all guys know so far.

SSCoasters Administrator
Read The Forum Rules(smart)

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#70 A.S.C.

A.S.C.

-----------

• 801 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 11:29 AM

*Moved to tutorial section to keep everything member private*

So you made it so that only members can veiw that area?
Nevermind, I just logged out and I couldn't see it.

#71 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 11:58 AM

really surprised that Danny would be like this after he was an active member at one time. Does anyone remember him? Was there some kind of falling out?

He had only 2 posts. He was never active.

SSCoasters Staff

GigaSonic XLC, Déjà Vu, Werewolf, WildSide, Thunderhawk, Kaibutsu, Diamondback, Couloir

SVengeance|Voyage|LightningRod|Goliath(SFGAm)|OutlawRun|Fury325|RF2|Taron|StormChaser|Orion|

#72 Roy

Roy

Construction Worker

• PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 07:37 AM

It was this guy's e-book that I brought on e-bay that directed me to this site.

When I found out that he had simply used other peoples post in his e-book, I felt very much conned and I woundered how he is still getting away with it. (yes his e-book is still selling on the UK e-bay (today).

Surley he is in breach of copyright.

Check out my first build The Pen Dragon

#73 ForgotToGrowUp

ForgotToGrowUp

Lead Engineer

• 1732 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 09:40 AM

Since the material is not original someone could put copies of "his" manuals on ebay for 0.01, then let him try to pursue the copyright claim instead of the other way around.

#74 Maxlaam

Maxlaam

Tracing Tyrant's Steps

• 8116 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 09:47 AM

The way that copyright works is that when you create something, it is instantly copyrighted by you. To provide the rules about your copyright you can add this to your work, just select the correct license, it's free: Creative Commons

SSCoasters Administrator
Read The Forum Rules(smart)

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#75 Jester1960

Jester1960

Construction Foreman

• 226 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 07:17 PM

I am also a victim of this scam, but without it, I would not have been directed here. Danny claims to be a Knexpert. but after I started looking around here, I noticed the manuals he sold were created by several different people and offered free here. wow do I feel like the dummy..

This is what his current Ebay offer says:

Attn eBay Staff: Please note that this listing is NOT for digitally delivered goods. This listing is for a CD that will be mailed via USPS to the buyer. The CD will contain all 6 manuals which were personally created by me. The buyer will be granted full printing rights to the manuals.

WELCOME EBAYERS! THANK YOU FOR VIEWING!

Finally, after popular demand, I am offering the COMPLETE package of all my custom K'nex Roller Coaster instruction Manuals.

That's right, you will get:

1. The Beginners Manual
This is an introductory manual that will teach you the basics of building knex roller coasters. It is the essential starting point for all you beginners!
2. The Intermediate Manual
This manual is the next step. It will take you through the workings of a wooden style knex roller coaster. This coaster is called "The Shotgun Barrel" - I built this coaster and created a step-by-step manual that will show you exactly what pieces you need and how to build it. See the pictures of the coaster below.
3. Automatic loading gates
This is a more advanced manual that will teach you how to build automatic loading gate on your coaster. A must have!
4. Modifying K'nex coaster cars for optimal speed
This manual will teach you how to modify your orange coaster car so that it will operate much faster on your track
5. Modifying the track for extreme twists and loops
This manual will teach you the tricks to making your track extra strong so that your coaster rides much faster.
6. Braking mechanism
This is a very cool manual that will teach you how to create a braking system so that when your coaster reaches the station it will stop. Otherwise your coaster will just zoom right pass the loading station.

If you purchased them individually it would cost over $45. You can now get the complete set for just $24.49!!!! I will mail you a CD that contains all the files. You are granted FULL printing rights. The CD will be in the mail THE SAME DAY you purchase.

SHIPPING IS FREE WORLDWIDE!

I am a KNEXPERT and KNEX ROLLER COASTER ENTHUSIAST OF OVER 15 years.

Don't wait! get started on building your very own custom coaster today!

Jester1960

#76 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

Lead Particle Physicist and Musical Orchestrator

• 2812 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 08:22 PM

^You do know this has already been dealt with? Just read above all the things above.

Member of a few physics experiments; Orchestrator and/or Copyist for a few musicals.

#77 Roy

Roy

Construction Worker

• PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 04:07 AM

When I first came across this e-book on e-bay, I decided not to initially purchase it. Instead I tried to search the web for sites like this one, but I couldn't find any, I only found half a dozen k'nex instruction You tube videos.

So after a week I decided to purchase the e-book.

As regards to the copy right, if this guy had written the e-book in his own words using his own photos, then fair enougth.

But this guy simply copied and pasted the threads from this forum onto the e-book, so he was simply selling a carbon copy of the tuts from this website as an e-book, which I consider totally illegal and discusting.

I do like the idea of SS coasters producing an e-book and selling them on e-bay for $0.01p to under cut the other guy and all procceds going to fund this website.

If OK with the mods on this site, maybe we all could help promote this web site when posting videos on You tube, by also including either in the video or on the wording on the You tube page this website address.

If I initially found this website, I would never have purchased this guys e-book.

If there is anything else I can do to help you with stopping this guy selling this carbon copy of an e-book, then please let me know, I'll be more than happy to help.

Check out my first build The Pen Dragon

#78 ForgotToGrowUp

ForgotToGrowUp

Lead Engineer

• 1732 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 08:40 AM

putting a credit on your videos for sscoasters.net will definitely help. That's how I found this place. A lot of the videos I saw on Youtube had references to here so I checked it out.

#79 scott

scott

Architect

• 566 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 10:36 PM

Well i was just on ebay and look what i found:
KNEX ROLLER COASTER - 6 INSTRUCTION MANUALS - ON CD - eBay (item 180646100825 end time Apr-27-11 16:18:17 PDT)

Steam: rodimus113
MC and XBL: rodimuz
PC:
amd a4-3420, r5 230, 8gb ddr3 1333

#80 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 10:41 PM

It's been up since just after the PDFs were taken down. We know about it.

SSCoasters Staff

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: new looper