palisade ioageek 2012

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 IOAgeek

IOAgeek

Excited for Iron Gwazi!

• 1152 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 09:26 PM

Hey guys! Here's my new coaster that I have started, so far I've built the lift that is 15 granite rods high, about 5'6 it a inch taller than me. But don't worry I won't have a slow crappy motor that takes an hour for the car to get to the top. I'll be using a TT motor and it helps so much. If also did a station which is the best one I've ever built, a small hill coming out of the station, and the pullout after the lift which I think looks very smooth by the way. I wanted to make the hill out of the station because I thought that it was unique and people never do it often. My grandma and grandpa are coming down in December and using the room that I build in, but at the worst I'll just move it in parts,so I'll try to built fast. Hope you guys enjoy the pictures and video, finally I don't have a name for this coaster yet so give me a name and I'll see if I will use it or not.

The next update should be tomorrow, I'm going to build the drop tonight.

The overview so far(I couldn't even fit it all in!)
101_3154.jpg
The station
101_3155.jpg
The two trains that I'll be using for this coaster
101_3168.jpg
The small hill coming out of the station
101_3157.jpg
Looking up the lift
101_3159.jpg
The lift mechanism and motor for the lift from vapor too
101_3158.jpg
The pullout
101_3160.jpg
101_3163.jpg
101_3165.jpg
101_3162.jpg
The crest
101_3161.jpg

Please comment!

Edited by IOAgeek, 21 November 2022 - 10:35 AM.

#2 ArrowFanBoy

ArrowFanBoy

Formerly known as CG55

• 136 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 09:58 PM

there is a little jerk at the bottom of the lift but other than that it looks good!

#3 Aaron

Aaron

Keep Harpin' On

• 636 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 10:04 PM

You can't enter it into the winter contest anyway as the boundaries are exceeded.

It looks good, but the drop is unusual for a Mega-lite. Is there a reason you didn't make a normal one?

Posted Image

#4 IOAgeek

IOAgeek

Excited for Iron Gwazi!

• 1152 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 10:08 PM

Ya. I'm pretty much combining many unusual elements into on coaster. Also, I forgot about the limits for the winter contest, sorry about that!

#5 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 10:39 PM

Yeah it looks great, but I don't see how that's anything like a mega-lite.

#6 Blackkitty

Blackkitty

Meow!

• 1705 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 10:49 PM

This is very big for a new builder. Do you think you will be able to finish this with the parts you have? You will have to support alot.
Also can you resize your pictures to make them bigger?
I wish you the best in trying to build a coaster of this size.

#7 IOAgeek

IOAgeek

Excited for Iron Gwazi!

• 1152 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 05:42 PM

Yeah it looks great, but I don't see how that's anything like a mega-lite.

I'll change the topic of this thread to something else. Thus coaster is pretty much has elements that I like combined into one:).

This is very big for a new builder. Do you think you will be able to finish this with the parts you have? You will have to support a lot.
Also can you resize your pictures to make them bigger?
I wish you the best in trying to build a coaster of this size.

I think that I have enough parts to finish this coaster. I have 8 ss and 1 rr and thanks for the support too.

Welcome to my second update of my winter coaster, I won't be calling it a mega lite anymore but it doesn't really matter. I'm still looking for a name for this coaster so give me your idea if you have one. I've built the drop after the pullout. I tried my best to make it smooth but I just need to support it on the sides to make it stable. Both trains pick up tons of speed at the drop so I'm confident about that. I hope that I can make it through the whole layout that I'm doing, I'm not 100% sure what's going to go after the mcbr but have a good understanding of it. So enjoy the pictures and video, have a great day, and keep on building!

Here are the pictures of the drop
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#8 alpal

alpal

Lead Engineer

• 1215 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 06:42 PM

Dang, that looks really, really good!

Automation is my specialty

If only I had more space/pieces/time.

#9 Gromit15

Gromit15

Strive For Perfection

• 388 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 11:42 PM

Just by looking at the first picture, you are an amazing builder! I can see you being an official builder on the site.;)

In pieces logo thing

#10 Maxwell58

Maxwell58

French Horn is life.

• 1765 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 06:48 AM

I like this. But is the first drop supposed to be an inversion?

​I didn't choose the band life, the band life chose me.

#11 timtimlaz

timtimlaz

Please call me Tim....

• 1516 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 04:33 PM

I agree with you

#12 IOAgeek

IOAgeek

Excited for Iron Gwazi!

• 1152 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 10:44 PM

I agree with you

Thanks!

I like this. But is the first drop supposed to be an inversion?

No, that will come later in the layout.

Just by looking at the first picture, you are an amazing builder! I can see you being an official builder on the site.;)

Wow, I never thought anyone would say that.

Thank you!

Okay here's the next update of my winter coaster. First of, I'm very sorry that I couldn't get this update on the site much sooner. The problem was that I use Iphoto to put the pictures form the camera onto the laptop, and Iphoto was just not opening up an took forever so my mom had to go get it fix, about a week later it worked again, so were good right now. I finished the over bank turn and I think it looks pretty good, I had to redo it a couple of times but in the end, I'm happy of how it is now. These pictures are kind of old because the track on the over bank is not very smooth but I fixed it so it looks better. I added the catwalk on the side of the lift, so now I'm out of blues but I'll get some more for Christmas. Finally, I added stairs on the station for the entrance and exit to the station. The next update should be tomorrow because I finished the next element too and I'm going to Busch Gardens tomorrow also. So enjoy the pictures, and have a happy Christmas.

Overview of the layout so far
Posted Image
All of my pieces remaining left
Posted Image
Pictures of the over bank
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
The catwalk
Posted Image
Posted Image
The stairs for the station
Posted Image

#13 Poseidon

Poseidon

A.k.a. Ninja

• 303 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 11:06 PM

uh oh.. you're gonna need some help with that overbank, but I will tell you what is wrong:
the first half of the overbank is not very smooth, it has wobbles and bumps. However, the second part of the overbank is much better, and it flows with the rest of the coaster. Sorry to be really bitchy about that overbank, but everything else looks good.NOTE:

THE FIRST HALF NEEDS TO START BANKING SOONER.

#14 alpal

alpal

Lead Engineer

• 1215 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 10:29 AM

Yeah, the overbank should be smoothed out a lot. Since this is so big and awesome, I would hate for it to be wasted by bumps.

Automation is my specialty

If only I had more space/pieces/time.

#15 IOAgeek

IOAgeek

Excited for Iron Gwazi!

• 1152 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 10:37 AM

Yeah, the overbank should be smoothed out a lot. Since this is so big and awesome, I would hate for it to be wasted by bumps.

Thanks, I smoothed the overbank out and now it makes it over a little bit faster.

uh oh.. you're gonna need some help with that overbank, but I will tell you what is wrong:
the first half of the overbank is not very smooth, it has wobbles and bumps. However, the second part of the overbank is much better, and it flows with the rest of the coaster. Sorry to be really bitchy about that overbank, but everything else looks good.NOTE:

THE FIRST HALF NEEDS TO START BANKING SOONER.

I fixed that too, it looks a lot better now.

Now that the over bank is finished I moved on to the next element in the layout which is the high speed turn. I tried to make it as smooth as possible and I think it turned out pretty good, the thing that's bugging me is the end of the turn, it doesn't look so smooth and has two sharp spots. But other than that the train flyes through the turn and will have tons of speed going in to the next element, which I won't tell you. Sorry for the blurry pictures too.

The overview
Posted Image
Posted Image
Some pics of the high speed turn
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
The fixed bump on the over bank
Posted Image
Not much clearance room on the drop that goes under the turn, but it doesn't hit it so that's good
Posted Image

#16 IOAgeek

IOAgeek

Excited for Iron Gwazi!

• 1152 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 10:16 PM

Hey everyone, my Christmas break is going great so far and I hope yours is too. This gives me tons of time to build my latest coaster and I got tons of work done since last update. Well, the old camera died last week so now I just got a new one from my moms birthday and few days ago luckily. I've now completed the buckle which isn't so high because my trains lost so much speed, that's what I get for not using my best cars all together on one train at a time and using two, I may use one good train for the rest of my coasters from now on. I also completed the heart line row which is supported out of tubes. That is my first time using tubes too, that surprised me very much. Well there should be one more update on the track work then the final one on the themeing to finish it. Finally, I finshed the brake section and the catwalk before the station too. I also wanted to show you my roller coaster items that I got for Christmas, such as my in the raw videos that are very cool, my two new coaster dynamics trains and my roller coasters of the east calender. I hope you guys enjoy the pictures and video and hope to complete this coaster soon.

Please comment!!!

The overview so far
Posted Image
The heart line roll
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
The buckle
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
The catwalk at the brakes before the station
Posted Image
All of my coaster dynamics(the two new ones are the hydra at bottom and the beast at the top shelf)
Posted Image
The in the raw videos
Posted Image
My roller coasters of the east calender
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

The test video

#17 Maxwell58

Maxwell58

French Horn is life.

• 1765 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 11:13 PM

That zero G needs much more support. Not only for strengthening, but for shaping too. There is a huge flat spot on the top of it. Otherwise, the rest of the coaster looks good.

​I didn't choose the band life, the band life chose me.

#18 CCreator12

CCreator12

(CoasterCreator12)

• 325 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 11:35 PM

looks good, are the cars lubed?

Every post is a love letter to a forum once full of innovation

#19 -=TK=-

-=TK=-

Building maniacs

• 2753 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 04:43 AM

You said that you were losing much speed. You can prevent that by adding weight to the cars (If you didn't do that yet), and by lubing your cars.
Also, the speed loss is caused by the highspeed turn that you've made after the overbanked turn.

Hope this helped!

-=Tk=-

Posted Image

#20 kid26120

kid26120

Construction Foreman

• 212 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 07:37 AM

Try to smooth you track, we can see weird things on the pictures..
Otherwise it looks good

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: palisade, ioageek, 2012