coaster dynamix hyper coaster

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 scooterdoug

scooterdoug

• 8 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 08:39 PM

Hello fellow builders,
Well, it's been a VERY long while since I've posted to this forum. In fact, I don't think I've ever posted any of my CD models here before. So, I want to start sharing my creations with all of you. I have photos of many different models, so I will slowly post them as time goes on.
This particular model is my first stab at a hyper coaster. It's called the Berkeley Bomber, since I just moved to Berkeley, California. My very sweet, understanding, and overly-permissive wife gave me the thumbs up to reserve the far side of our living room as my building spot. So, here is the result.
If the pictures are too big (I did resize them to shrink them down), or if I didn't follow proper etiquette in starting this thread, please let me know, as I'm pretty darned new here. And, any comments, compliments, or constructive criticism are welcome. Enjoy the pictures!
-Doug

#2 timtimlaz

timtimlaz

Please call me Tim....

• 1516 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 05:13 PM

That looks really cool man. Keep up the good work.

#3 Snake

Snake

Construction Worker

• 444 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 11:43 PM

Great Job! Keep up the good work.

#4 Aaron

Aaron

Keep Harpin' On

• 636 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 01:08 AM

Wow, that is so nice! Looks amazing, dude, keep it up.

Posted Image

#5 -=TK=-

-=TK=-

Building maniacs

• 2753 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 05:14 AM

That has to be the biggest CD coaster that i've ever seen on this site, and it also looks really good! Are you going to post more coasters on this forum? It would be really nice ;)

-=Tk=-

Posted Image

#6 Dragon

Dragon

ROAR!

• 1481 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 06:18 AM

WOW!Man this was amazing when i saw... just blew my mind! keep the amazing work!

#7 TheRandomGuy

TheRandomGuy

Sample Text

• 2058 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 07:59 AM

Dude, this is AMAZING! You gotta build more coasters like that here!

The signature you have requested is not available at the moment. We apologize for the inconvenience.

#8 alpal

alpal

Lead Engineer

• 1215 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 01:43 PM

Dang! I have never seen a CD hyper coaster! It looks real nice, real nice.

Automation is my specialty

If only I had more space/pieces/time.

#9 Dabubs

Dabubs

Where is the love?

• 186 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 06:59 PM

Do you go to school?^

Posted Image

^^Thanks Ward!!!^^

#10 CCI

CCI

Getting Furious in 2015

• 2019 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 11:19 PM

Nice to finally see you make your way over to SSC Doug! looks awesome as always.

Posted Image

l El Toro l Fury325 l I305 l Skyrush l RFII l

DEY TUK ER JERBS!!

My RCT2 Projects!

RCT2 Help/Download

#11 scooterdoug

scooterdoug

• 8 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 08:07 PM

Thanks for the nice comments everyone. And, yes -=TK=-, I plan on posting more pictures soon. I was debating whether I wanted to, as the CD forum on here seemed so quiet. But, since there is activity and interest, I will certainly post more. And you think that one was big? Just you wait...

#12 IonZer0

IonZer0

Wow, we can make these statuses really long now.

• 859 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 08:11 PM

How many sets did this use? (I'm wanting to get into CD over summer vacation)

Posted Image

TOP 10

1. I305 2. Fury325 3. Skyrush 4. Manta 5. Thunderhead 6. Stormrunner 7. Wildcat 8. Fahrenheit 9. Intimidator 10. Wild Eagle

I305 Count: 11

#13 scooterdoug

scooterdoug

• 8 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 02:41 PM

Hi Dragonz45,
It's hard to say how many sets I used. I've accumulated sets and parts over the years. I currently own a Dragon kit (no longer in production), a Scorpion kit (currently being revamped by CD), 2 small expansion packs, an extra Scorpion lift hill, 8 (or so) Phoenix lift hills, and innumerable extra support pieces and bases. And, yes, I have used them all (or most of them) to make models when I had more space to work with. For this particular design, I used 4 Phoenix lift hill sections (plus 2 more for the brake run and station), 11 sections of track, and a difficult-to-quantify assortment of bases and support pieces.
Hope this info helps. I highly suggest getting a CD kit, they're great! I would suggest getting extra flex track if possible, as you can customize more that way. Thanks for your interest.
-Doug

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: coaster dynamix, hyper coaster