Renegade

reneagde ioageek 2012 wooden coaster

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Poll: What name should the coaster be (13 member(s) have cast votes)

What name should the coaster be

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 IOAgeek

IOAgeek

Excited for Iron Gwazi!

• 1152 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 07:50 PM

Hey everyone! Here's the coaster that I'm doing for the nine day coaster build off. It will be a mix of apocalypse and new Texas giant. So far I've build the lift and the station, which are the best I've done on them before by the way. I also don't have a name for this coaster. I can't decide on sniper, renegade, or typhoon, so please choose the name for this coaster in the poll. I will be using two trains that are four cars long for this coaster by the way. I'll try to build tonight so I can get you guys the next update tomorrow!

The overview
1-1.jpg
The station
2.jpg
3.jpg
The turn out of the station
5.jpg
The lift
4.jpg

Please comment!

Edited by IOAgeek, 21 November 2022 - 10:34 AM.

#2 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

Lead Particle Physicist and Musical Orchestrator

• 2812 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 08:22 PM

So far it looks good. I would go back and fix the banking on the turn after the chain lift; if you look at where the gears are, the banking is a little quick. I would also raise the track right after the chain lift up a bit as well. Other than that, everything looks great. I'm holding off on the name for now until you have a bit more trackwork.

Member of a few physics experiments; Orchestrator and/or Copyist for a few musicals.

#3 Mad Hatter

Mad Hatter

Mad is an Understatement

• PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 09:16 PM

looks okay... love the station and how high the lift goes! Can't wait to see the rest... the first turn idk whats wrong but it looks strange idk

#4 IOAgeek

IOAgeek

Excited for Iron Gwazi!

• 1152 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 06:52 AM

looks okay... love the station and how high the lift goes! Can't wait to see the rest... the first turn idk whats wrong but it looks strange idk

Thanks! I wasn't done with the turn yet, but you'll see it finished in the next update.

So far it looks good. I would go back and fix the banking on the turn after the chain lift; if you look at where the gears are, the banking is a little quick. I would also raise the track right after the chain lift up a bit as well. Other than that, everything looks great. I'm holding off on the name for now until you have a bit more track work.

I wanted to raise the track, but it just didn't look right to me so I just kept it. The turn isn't finished yet, but you see it completed in the next update!

#5 Snake

Snake

Construction Worker

• 444 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 08:32 AM

Thats a pretty big woodie. Are you sure you have the pieces to finish it?

#6 jespercoasters

jespercoasters

Dutch Details Employee

• 1712 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 08:33 AM

I think you are just to late fo the 9day buildoff.

Posted Image

#7 -=TK=-

-=TK=-

Building maniacs

• 2753 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 11:21 AM

^Nope, last entering date is today. So, if you start today you're on time. Looks good, maybe a bit big for 9 days only.

-=tK=-

Posted Image

#8 Kevyn230

Kevyn230

Aight

• 1347 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 05:08 PM

I think you are just to late fo the 9day buildoff.

You don't have to have 9 days to start. Someone can start on the last day and finish it on the last day because it is still within the 9 day limit.

Posted Image
Under construction:
Non in Progress

#9 IOAgeek

IOAgeek

Excited for Iron Gwazi!

• 1152 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 07:22 PM

Thats a pretty big woodie. Are you sure you have the pieces to finish it?

I think I'll have enough pieces to finsh this. I have 9 ss by the way.

^Nope, last entering date is today. So, if you start today you're on time. Looks good, maybe a bit big for 9 days only.

-=tK=-

Thanks!

So far I've completed the turn after the chain lift and the drop which goes right through the structure. I think it turned out great by the way. I didn't want to go all the way to the floor because I wanted to save some speed for the rest of the layout. The next update will be tomorrow after I build the next part tonight.Finally, in my baseball game today, I pitched a complete game which is seven innings and we won the game too!

Please comment and vote for the name of this ride if you haven't yet!

The overview so far
Posted Image
Posted Image
The turn after the chain lift
Posted Image
Posted Image
The drop
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#10 G Force

G Force

Yea Man

• 1098 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 07:54 PM

It looks good but I think the baking should continue a little longer into the drop.

#11 RCExtreme

RCExtreme

Entry Engineer

• 851 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 12:30 AM

Just so you know, it drops way to soon, and it's way too steep as well.

#12 alpal

alpal

Lead Engineer

• 1215 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 08:30 AM

Yeah, that drop is WAY too steep for a woodie. Woodie drops usually don't go much steeper than 45°.

Automation is my specialty

If only I had more space/pieces/time.

#13 Eggo

Eggo

Vote for Pedro!

• 1212 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 08:43 AM

I would redo that drop and make the crest of the drop bigger, the pullout bigger, and make it around 60* steep

Posted Image
|Millennium Force|TTD|El Toro|Bizarro|Maverick|Wildfire|Nitro|

#14 -=TK=-

-=TK=-

Building maniacs

• 2753 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 09:25 AM

Make the pullout a bit bigger and it'll be fine. About the steepness of the drop, El toro and T-Express both have a VERY steep drop, so it's fine IMO :)

-=Tk=-

Posted Image

#15 Mad Hatter

Mad Hatter

Mad is an Understatement

• PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 11:04 AM

Please fix the drop to 60 degrees! That way it looks more realistic :P but woodies don't usually go over 45 degrees first drop is the biggest so do what you want though

#16 IOAgeek

IOAgeek

Excited for Iron Gwazi!

• 1152 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 08:01 PM

Please fix the drop to 60 degrees! That way it looks more realistic :P but woodies don't usually go over 45 degrees first drop is the biggest so do what you want though

Okay.

Make the pullout a bit bigger and it'll be fine. About the steepness of the drop, El toro and T-Express both have a VERY steep drop, so it's fine IMO :)

-=Tk=-

Okay, I fix it and that's what I the drop mostly resembles from those two coasters.

I would redo that drop and make the crest of the drop bigger, the pullout bigger, and make it around 60* steep

Okay.

Welcome to another update of the coaster. I've now built the first hill of the coaster and it's 9 granites tall by the way. I love how it just makes it over the hill for the realism of the coaster. I made the start up the hill and going down it at a 45 degree angle very prefect so there's no bumps in it. Enjoy the pictures and test video and expect another update tomorrow. I also forgot to get some in-depth pictures of the drop and turn, but I'll get them tomorrow for you guys!

Please comment!

The overview so far
15.jpg
Pictures of the hill
16.jpg
17.jpg
21.jpg
19.jpg'
20.jpg
20.jpg

The test video!

Edited by IOAgeek, 21 November 2022 - 10:33 AM.

#17 CCreator12

CCreator12

(CoasterCreator12)

• 325 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 08:13 PM

the pullouts for the drop and the hill both need to be larger, you will get more speed out of it too

Every post is a love letter to a forum once full of innovation

#18 Mad Hatter

Mad Hatter

Mad is an Understatement

• PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 12:43 PM

i wanna see whats next XP

#19 alpal

alpal

Lead Engineer

• 1215 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 05:05 PM

Lookin good for a fast build.

Automation is my specialty

If only I had more space/pieces/time.

#20 IOAgeek

IOAgeek

Excited for Iron Gwazi!

• 1152 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 06:57 PM

Well I'm sorry I haven't updated in 3 days, I been building this coaster all day for the build of. So expect the final video tonight!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: reneagde, ioageek, 2012, wooden coaster