amusement park

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#1 Josh Monster

Josh Monster

Works with Alpal.

• 491 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 10:59 PM

Alpal and I have started making an amusement park. It has five roller coasters (a wooden coaster, a eurofighter, a zac spin, a looping coaster (Nitrous), and a unique boomerang coaster). The park will also include flatrides, a train, scenery, shops, and all sorts of things. Here are some pictures of what we have so far.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Edited by Josh Monster, 17 March 2013 - 09:41 AM.

Posted Image

#2 Helmut

Helmut

Das Beste oder Nichts

• 3012 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 02:05 AM

Cool idea! The park made me think of an even more compact Hershey Park. ;)

Posted Image

#3 msoccerkidm

msoccerkidm

Engibeer

• 699 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 03:05 AM

Thats really cool. I remember when i did this but i just built 4 rippin rockets and 2 screamin serpents

Posted Image
thanx CC10

#4 TheRandomGuy

TheRandomGuy

Sample Text

• 2058 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 10:29 AM

That looks really cool! With five coasters in one large spot, I can't keep track of which one is which. :P

The signature you have requested is not available at the moment. We apologize for the inconvenience.

#5 < NCcoaster >

< NCcoaster >

panaino

• 677 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 01:47 PM

I see you are using tape on some of your rails. I found out that micro k'nex rods are the same size as track splices, if you have any. It looks like there is a big mess of pieces but I can't tell because they are trapped between all the coasters. I would love to see a video of every coaster operating at the same time.

#6 Josh Monster

Josh Monster

Works with Alpal.

• 491 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 04:37 PM

Only the zac spin and nitrous (the coaster alpal and I made a while ago for the 9 day coaster contest) actually work. We are redoing most of the eurofighter because my little brother built the old model, so far all we have is the lift and the first drop and some demolished track. The wooden coaster needs more support but it will work.

Posted Image

#7 Josh Monster

Josh Monster

Works with Alpal.

• 491 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 10:59 PM

Alpal and I have started making an amusement park. It has five roller coasters (a wooden coaster, a eurofighter, a zac spin, a looping coaster (Nitrous), and a unique boomerang coaster). The park will also include flatrides, a train, scenery, shops, and all sorts of things. Here are some pictures of what we have so far.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Edited by Josh Monster, 17 March 2013 - 09:41 AM.

Posted Image

#8 Helmut

Helmut

Das Beste oder Nichts

• 3012 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 02:05 AM

Cool idea! The park made me think of an even more compact Hershey Park. ;)

Posted Image

#9 msoccerkidm

msoccerkidm

Engibeer

• 699 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 03:05 AM

Thats really cool. I remember when i did this but i just built 4 rippin rockets and 2 screamin serpents

Posted Image
thanx CC10

#10 TheRandomGuy

TheRandomGuy

Sample Text

• 2058 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 10:29 AM

That looks really cool! With five coasters in one large spot, I can't keep track of which one is which. :P

The signature you have requested is not available at the moment. We apologize for the inconvenience.

#11 < NCcoaster >

< NCcoaster >

panaino

• 677 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 01:47 PM

I see you are using tape on some of your rails. I found out that micro k'nex rods are the same size as track splices, if you have any. It looks like there is a big mess of pieces but I can't tell because they are trapped between all the coasters. I would love to see a video of every coaster operating at the same time.

#12 Josh Monster

Josh Monster

Works with Alpal.

• 491 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 04:37 PM

Only the zac spin and nitrous (the coaster alpal and I made a while ago for the 9 day coaster contest) actually work. We are redoing most of the eurofighter because my little brother built the old model, so far all we have is the lift and the first drop and some demolished track. The wooden coaster needs more support but it will work.

Posted Image

#13 Josh Monster

Josh Monster

Works with Alpal.

• 491 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 08:52 PM

Update! We are redoing or have redone all of the coasters. The eurofighter is looking amazing, I will get pictures of it later. We have decided on a new layout for nitrous and are going to redo all of the supports on it and raise the lift slightly. The boomerang coaster thing will be redone, the loop is poorly supported and shaped. We will also make the lift supports vekoma style. The wooden coaster is a complete circuit, all it needs is some shaping, more supports and some detail. I have a test video of it running, sorry it is so dark, when the lights are on it has a yellow tint and I was trying to fix it. Next time I will probably just have the lights on.

-------Test-------

Posted Image

#14 alpal

alpal

Lead Engineer

• 1215 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 10:22 AM

Automation is my specialty

If only I had more space/pieces/time.

#15 alpal

alpal

Lead Engineer

• 1215 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 12:21 PM

Lately Josh and I have made a lot of progress on the amusement park. Josh has been working on the wooden coaster and the boomerang coaster while I have been working on the Eurofighter. Pictures!!!!!

Posted ImagePosted Image

Something's missing
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

What is that piece of paper lying there?
Posted ImagePosted Image

This looks familiar...
Posted Image

Hmmm...
Posted Image

Test video of the Eurofighter:

Comment!

Automation is my specialty

If only I had more space/pieces/time.

#16 Maxwell58

Maxwell58

French Horn is life.

• 1765 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 03:51 PM

That backbone on the euro fighter loop, it's like BBaller's spine for SS. I love it!

The rest of the themepark looks good too! I honestly can't wait to see it finished!

​I didn't choose the band life, the band life chose me.

#17 Guest_321_*

Guest_321_*

Posted 01 September 2012 - 05:06 PM

A okay to me! :D Looking really good right now. (thumbsup)

#18 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 06:33 PM

I do believe your Eurofighter's loop needs a bit more support. What type of lubricant do you use? I really like the concept of the theme park, I like the Woodie the best so far. Will there be paths and trees and things for the park too?
SCM - For that coaster V I'd like to see a video, I don't believe you, that's kinda impossible. :D

1- Time Traveler 2- Magnum XL-200 3- The Voyage 4- Velocicoaster 5-Iron Gwazi 6- Phantom's Revenge 7- The Beast 8- The Legend 9- Tiested Timbers 10- Steel Vengeance 

Follow me on Instagram @coastergeek987
Credit Count: 305

#19 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 06:50 PM

Whoah! At the speed the car is going through the loop (meaning the eurofighter) I bet you could raise the loop to like the same size as the lift! What sort of lubricant did you use on your cars? I would LOVE to know!
I once saw a coaster; the lift was 12 granites tall (slow lift too) and the loop was 14 granites, and it was SUPER shaky! There was also nothing that launched the cars, it was beyond belief.
As for this park, I'm loving that woodie.
Edit:

I love how everything is like intertwined with eachother.

I agree, I do love that too. It's like RCT haha.

I'm not done building yet. 

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#20 venomeater

venomeater

building...

• 139 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 07:37 PM

This is awesome! I love how everything is like intertwined with eachother. Can't wait to see it done!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: amusement park