amusement park

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#21 TheRandomGuy

TheRandomGuy

Sample Text

• 2058 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 07:43 PM

I'm guessing that the mechanism is for the shuttle coaster. I can't wait to see this park finished!

The signature you have requested is not available at the moment. We apologize for the inconvenience.

#22 IOAgeek

IOAgeek

Excited for Iron Gwazi!

• 1152 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 09:24 PM

Wow that eurofighter looks cool, make the layout awesome and long!

#23 alpal

alpal

Lead Engineer

• 1215 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 03:52 PM

That backbone on the euro fighter loop, it's like BBaller's spine for SS. I love it!

The rest of the themepark looks good too! I honestly can't wait to see it finished!

Thanks! We can't wait either.

A okay to me! :D Looking really good right now. (thumbsup)

Thanks!

I do believe your Eurofighter's loop needs a bit more support. What type of lubricant do you use? I really like the concept of the theme park, I like the Woodie the best so far. Will there be paths and trees and things for the park too?
SCM - For that coaster V I'd like to see a video, I don't believe you, that's kinda impossible. :D

The loop doesn't shake at all, the track is extremely strong. However, I have a few spots that need a couple more supports. I will fix them in your honor :) Also, the lubricant we use is silicone spray. It works very well.

Whoah! At the speed the car is going through the loop (meaning the eurofighter) I bet you could raise the loop to like the same size as the lift! What sort of lubricant did you use on your cars? I would LOVE to know!
I once saw a coaster; the lift was 12 granites tall (slow lift too) and the loop was 14 granites, and it was SUPER shaky! There was also nothing that launched the cars, it was beyond belief.
As for this park, I'm loving that woodie.
Edit:
I agree, I do love that too. It's like RCT haha.

Sorry, but that loop is staying :). I use silicone spray. As for that video you saw, they probably dropped a train backwards from the top of the loop and played it backwards.;)
And if you love the woodie, we have a surprise for you.

This is awesome! I love how everything is like intertwined with eachother. Can't wait to see it done!

Thanks Venomeater!

I'm guessing that the mechanism is for the shuttle coaster. I can't wait to see this park finished!

Hmmm... guess again. Maybe a completely different way of doing station automation?

Wow that eurofighter looks cool, make the layout awesome and long!

Thanks for the advice. I made the layout longer.

Update!! There have been some changes to the park. Included are improvements to the woodie, a makeover of our looper, an automatic station with a different way of doing it, improvements to the shuttle coaster including a station, finished lift, improved loop, and the only thing standing in the way of a test video is some more troubleshooting. And, since you all like the woodie so much, I am going to let you ride it. Enjoy!!!!
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

POV of the wooden coaster.

Revolutionary automation (train stops at exit platform, waits, continues, stops at the gates, gates open and close, and the train exits. Two motors: one for the chains, and one electric motor for the entire automation. No knex motor switches involved. More explanation to come.

Our next objectives at the moment are getting the shuttle coaster to work, and trackwork for the Eurofighter and the looper.
By the way, name suggestions for the coasters/park are welcomed :D

Comment!

Automation is my specialty

If only I had more space/pieces/time.

#24 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 05:19 PM

I suddenly understand your signature. This park is brilliant. I'm with everyone else in that I like the woodie but I do want to see how the Eurofighter turns out. As for names and what not, I'm terrible at making them up. I had a couple of names for my NL coasters that weren't too bad though. Thunderhead would be a fun name for the woodie or maybe Space Shuttle for (guess what) the shuttle coaster. As for the name of the park, Six Flags K'nex Kingdom or something like that. I don't care if you don't use them. This park is going to be great.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#25 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 05:29 PM

I like the automation, but it is a it jerky.... I also really like how some of the coasters are tube supported, I am looking forward to it. :)

1- Time Traveler 2- Magnum XL-200 3- The Voyage 4- Velocicoaster 5-Iron Gwazi 6- Phantom's Revenge 7- The Beast 8- The Legend 9- Tiested Timbers 10- Steel Vengeance 

Follow me on Instagram @coastergeek987
Credit Count: 305

#26 alpal

alpal

Lead Engineer

• 1215 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 06:41 PM

I suddenly understand your signature. This park is brilliant. I'm with everyone else in that I like the woodie but I do want to see how the Eurofighter turns out. As for names and what not, I'm terrible at making them up. I had a couple of names for my NL coasters that weren't too bad though. Thunderhead would be a fun name for the woodie or maybe Space Shuttle for (guess what) the shuttle coaster. As for the name of the park, Six Flags K'nex Kingdom or something like that. I don't care if you don't use them. This park is going to be great.

Thanks for the name suggestions!! We will think about them. As for the Eurofighter, I have recently been focused on the shuttle coaster, but I will get some track work done soon.

I like the automation, but it is a it jerky.... I also really like how some of the coasters are tube supported, I am looking forward to it. :)

I will be working on making the automation smoother, and the Eurofighter will be tube supported.

Another update!!!
I spent probably 30 minutes today working on the Shuttle coaster, and I added another feature to the automation that makes it work.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Loopception!!!!

Posted Image

Test video!

The automation for this coaster also has no switches involved, and the automation fits nicely underneath the supports. Explanation is in the video.

Comment!

Automation is my specialty

If only I had more space/pieces/time.

#27 Josh Monster

Josh Monster

Works with Alpal.

• 491 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 05:34 AM

Loopception. Woah. I haven't seen this because I was gone when you built it and I didn't go in the basement last night. Looks awesome! You fixed the cars and the catch car from crashing into each other.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#28 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 07:51 AM

The automation looks great and works smoothly without any outside input. Maybe, in your looping coaster you should have a smaller loop next to the big loop and call that Loopception. Or maybe that's just me with my rubbish name ideas.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

Tyndrum

#29 RidesByDaan

RidesByDaan

Entry Engineer

• 704 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 01:20 PM

I really love your wooden coaster the layout is very nice!!

(Is there a way you can post a tutorial on how you made the stop, station wiht the auto gates? Because I've been trying to get my automatic gates working for 5h today but Ijust cant get it working haha I fail at those things^^)

#30 Josh Monster

Josh Monster

Works with Alpal.

• 491 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 09:21 PM

Big Nitrous update! I finished the drop, Immelmann, high speed overbank and the zero-gravity roll/high speed turn. I will add center tubing later, and the cars will be lightly weighted, we just got them from an almost knew SS set. The rest of the layout is planned to be interlocking corkscrews into the station. We will most likely be changing the lift to a lower angle and making it an automated drill launch into a roll and down the first drop. Let me know what you think, I am open to suggestions. Enjoy. (I keep forgetting how to do the youtube tags can someone remind me, thanks)

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Some heartlining
Posted Image

I had some trouble with one of the wheels we were using as a gear, I will replace it, sorry for the tint in the video.
------------------------------------------------Nitrous test------------------------------------------------

Posted Image

#31 RollerManiac

RollerManiac

Lead Engineer

• 2490 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:10 AM

Nitrous looks like it could use some more track support and some tube buffering, but otherwise it looks nice! I love the automation on Loopception, that it actually the same concept that I used on Stunt Flight. ;)

Formally RK500

#32 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:39 AM

The heartlining looks pretty good and I really like the way it loops around the wooden coaster. That certainly would make it very exciting. By the way I think the YouTube tags are like the image ones but with "youtube" in them instead of IMG.

Tyndrum

#33 Josh Monster

Josh Monster

Works with Alpal.

• 491 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 03:21 PM

Nitrous looks like it could use some more track support and some tube buffering, but otherwise it looks nice! I love the automation on Loopception, that it actually the same concept that I used on Stunt Flight. ;)

Will do. Thanks for the comment.

The heartlining looks pretty good and I really like the way it loops around the wooden coaster. That certainly would make it very exciting. By the way I think the YouTube tags are like the image ones but with "youtube" in them instead of IMG.

Thanks!

More Pictures! We finished the interlocking corkscrews, they still need some shaping work but they are pretty sturdy. Alex took some cool pictures.

We are on schedule with the lift plans. And the Eurofighter is going through layout changes. We will get pictures to you later.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#34 The Stig

The Stig

Some say...

• 4609 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 03:37 PM

The corkscrews look cool. I like the supports. The banking looks strange in a few spots. Before the 1st corkscrew, before the 2nd corkscrew, and after the 2nd corkscrew.

#35 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 06:53 PM

I like the supports on the corkscrew too. A pity they aren't smooth yet but you've admitted they need shaping work. I keep forgetting that this will just be one of the coasters out of the five. Makes me realize this project is actually massive.

Tyndrum

#36 Josh Monster

Josh Monster

Works with Alpal.

• 491 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:07 PM

Update! We finished Nitrous, the launch is fully automatic and it speeds through the layout. I also built a ferris wheel as one of the flat rides. Skip the pics, here's a video.

Posted Image

#37 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:12 PM

Now that is what I call automation. Flawless work here guys, flawless work.

Posted Image

#38 Helmut

Helmut

Das Beste oder Nichts

• 3012 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:18 PM

I really like the concept of building a themepark. It must be really fun to watch all the rides.

Posted Image

#39 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:21 PM

The whole thing looks great. The launch works really well too but I thought it would be putting quite a lot of stress on the chain dog as it rapidly accelerates, I may be wrong. I'm just wondering how long it will last but it looks great right now. Any clue as to what other flat rides are coming?

Tyndrum

#40 A.S.C.

A.S.C.

-----------

• 801 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 01:46 PM

^That's why it has a tension wheel. The force on the train dog shouldn't be as intense as it looks.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: amusement park