cedar point knex raptor rollercoaster

• Please log in to reply
134 replies to this topic

#61 ZachCreate

ZachCreate

i am very exciting...

• 343 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:42 PM

Yay! Your back in business! I was wondering why you stopped! It looks smooth and awesome! :D

1. Maverick 2. Millennium Force 3.Top Thrill Dragster 4. Bizarro (Six Flags New England) 5. The Beast 6. X2 7. Full Throttle 8. Banshee 9. Xcelerator 10. Medusa (Six Flags Discovery Kingdom)

Posted Image

#62 timtimlaz

timtimlaz

Please call me Tim....

• 1516 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:45 PM

You're on the part where you could kinda catch you breath. This is turning out to be a very good coaster!

#63 soggyhotdoggg

soggyhotdoggg

Architect

• 605 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 01:06 PM

This is looking really nice. But I think that little helix into the MCBR is gonna be annoying to get right and also have the speed for it.

#64 Cobra Roller

Cobra Roller

I have all six Infinity Stones

• 728 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 08:34 AM

Coaster's looking great! Yeah, I was about to say that the MCBR may be a bit of a pain to do with that helix. Also, I noticed that you have some slight straight sections on the entry and exit of the zero g roll. Other than that, I WANNA SEE THE FINAL VERSION!

#65 Josh Monster

Josh Monster

Works with Alpal.

• 491 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 06:46 PM

everything looks perfect. Except for the cobra roll. can you even out the height.

I can try but speed issues have forced me to lower the second half, i will try to even it out in the next update.

Yay! Your back in business! I was wondering why you stopped! It looks smooth and awesome! :D

Yeah! Sorry, I am running out of certain pieces, my OCD color coordination is killing me. If I used different colors I might be able to finish without buying too many more pieces but I can't help it :P

You're on the part where you could kinda catch you breath. This is turning out to be a very good coaster!

Thank you. :) I needed a brake from building.

This is looking really nice. But I think that little helix into the MCBR is gonna be annoying to get right and also have the speed for it.

Thank you. I am halfway through the helix and it looks like I might need alpal to make me a launch. I will do what I can but I can't promise I won't need a launch.

Coaster's looking great! Yeah, I was about to say that the MCBR may be a bit of a pain to do with that helix. Also, I noticed that you have some slight straight sections on the entry and exit of the zero g roll. Other than that, I WANNA SEE THE FINAL VERSION!

Thanks! Do you mean between the twist and the pullout and pullin? I will check and try to fix it. I do too! :D

Alright guys, I finished half of the helix. I will post a video after I add weights to the cars because right now you don't want to see a test video. :P It doesn't even get close to making it. I will do what I can.

Pictures! :D

My new pieces! They should last a few days. :P

Posted Image

Helix
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#66 Josh Monster

Josh Monster

Works with Alpal.

• 491 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 10:44 PM

Update! I finished the helix and am now moving on to the MCBR. Speed wise it isn't looking good, i will most likely need a launch/booster of some sort, the cobra roll and helix are a pain but I will go through and strengthen as much as I can. I will add a spine to the cobra roll and helix to make it stronger and smoother. I will also rework the second half of the cobra roll.

Posted Image

Posted Image

some cool pictures:D
Posted Image

Posted Image

Let me know what you guys think and if you have any ideas speed wise PLEASE let me know! Thank you. :)

Posted Image

#67 mitch

mitch

i hate hybrid coasters

• 113 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 12:01 AM

the cobra roll looks way better. I can't believe it actually makes it to the brake run.

Posted Image

#68 soggyhotdoggg

soggyhotdoggg

Architect

• 605 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 06:02 AM

Dude you nailed that. The height of the MCBR is almost as high as the zero-g-roll like it does in the real thing. I can't believe you had the speed for that, great job :)

#69 Helmut

Helmut

Das Beste oder Nichts

• 3012 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 06:02 AM

The shaping and supporting on this coaster look absolutely awesome! It is a pity that you will need a booster, but do not feel ashamed for it. I think that by far most members would end up using a booster when they would attempt recreating raptor. The straight piece of track leading into the cobra roll almost looks like it has been made for placing a booster there. ;)

Posted Image

#70 crazyracer

crazyracer

Architect

• 550 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 08:55 AM

Wow I didn`t think you would get this far on a recreation this hard.Also the fact that your zero g is almost the height of the mcbr is incredible for speed that you have left on the ride. What i`m trying to say is I think you can finish the rest of this ride with no boosters or anything like that, just because your maintaining your speed so well.One more thing can we have a test vid of this whole thing so far thanks.;)

Edited by crazyracer, 03 November 2013 - 08:58 AM.

#71 Josh Monster

Josh Monster

Works with Alpal.

• 491 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 12:25 PM

the cobra roll looks way better. I can't believe it actually makes it to the brake run.

Dude you nailed that. The height of the MCBR is almost as high as the zero-g-roll like it does in the real thing. I can't believe you had the speed for that, great job :)

Wow I didn`t think you would get this far on a recreation this hard.Also the fact that your zero g is almost the height of the mcbr is incredible for speed that you have left on the ride. What i`m trying to say is I think you can finish the rest of this ride with no boosters or anything like that, just because your maintaining your speed so well.One more thing can we have a test vid of this whole thing so far thanks.;)

The shaping and supporting on this coaster look absolutely awesome! It is a pity that you will need a booster, but do not feel ashamed for it. I think that by far most members would end up using a booster when they would attempt recreating raptor. The straight piece of track leading into the cobra roll almost looks like it has been made for placing a booster there. ;)

Thank you for your comments! :D Unfortunately the coaster does not make it through the layout, in fact it doesn't even make it through the cobra roll. I'm not too happy about it, I have weighted and lubricated the trains and it improved it a lot but it still doesn't make it. I will strengthen the ride as much as I can but it most likely will need a booster. I was thinking one, like helmut said, right before the cobra roll and possibly one right after the cobra roll. I will try my best but no matter what I have to do I am going to get it through this layout.

I will do some strengthening and then make a test video to let you guys know where I am speed wise, also I may have more speed because right now I don't know how fast it will go through the loop, I will try to connect the drop but I will only be able to connect it for a little while because of space issues.

Posted Image

#72 Josh Monster

Josh Monster

Works with Alpal.

• 491 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 08:51 PM

I added grey rods to more of the lift and added some support. I will fix the first drop from swaying with weights. The cars don't even come close to clearing the cobra roll, let me know what you guys think I should do, for now I am going to to keep building and strengthening but later I will most likely have to put in a booster or 2.

Posted Image

The shaping of the drop is temporary because the drop will have to be taken off tomorrow because my family wants to be able to use the tv and the couch.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Test video of dissapointment. :P

I will continue to strengthen it so don't worry, at the very least it won't shake as much.

Posted Image

#73 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 09:44 PM

Wow... Strengthening isn't going to be enough for it to make that.

I wish I had advice, but I really don't know what else you should do other than the "option-that-must-not-be-named".

SSCoasters Staff
The SSCoasters Forum Rules

cincinnatibearcats07sp-1.jpg

GigaSonic XLC, Déjà Vu, Werewolf, WildSide, Thunderhawk, Kaibutsu, Diamondback, Couloir

SVengeance|Voyage|LightningRod|Goliath(SFGAm)|OutlawRun|Fury325|RF2|Taron|StormChaser|Orion|

Coaster Count: 300

#74 IOAgeek

IOAgeek

Excited for Iron Gwazi!

• 1152 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 01:18 PM

Looks good maybe just line yor trains and check your weights If they're moving or not. Also I love this ride and ya there's a huge speed lost from the coaster is the supports shaking or not? Don't build ahead touch focus on the task ahead and possible at an extra car the the train too?

#75 ForgotToGrowUp

ForgotToGrowUp

Lead Engineer

• 1732 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 10:29 PM

Wow this looks awesome. It looks like there is a lot of movement in the structures and that is all energy that could stay with the train. I think if you could keep the tubes from moving by creating triangles it would help a lot. Keep up the good work and good luck

Comet Recreation still underway.

Proof you never grow up if you keep playing with toys!

#76 Muzz135

Muzz135

What to build.....

• 706 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 03:58 PM

This probably won't work but maybe if you a tire drive at the straight spot (like on Timbuktu or my coaster) you could get enough speed to get it round the cobra roll and hopefully the rest of the layout. If you need any help just ask as I could send you some pics of my launch to help you build it as I am happy to help! :D

#77 ZachCreate

ZachCreate

i am very exciting...

• 343 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 09:43 PM

You could try to increase the lift hill size although that would be extremely hard, although that is the only thing to do besides boosters (terrible), and quitting (a tad worse). Just a tip if you can. :D

1. Maverick 2. Millennium Force 3.Top Thrill Dragster 4. Bizarro (Six Flags New England) 5. The Beast 6. X2 7. Full Throttle 8. Banshee 9. Xcelerator 10. Medusa (Six Flags Discovery Kingdom)

Posted Image

#78 Josh Monster

Josh Monster

Works with Alpal.

• 491 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 09:49 PM

I added boosters and it works! I still need to do a lot of strengthening on the cobra roll so I might not need the second booster but the extra speed it gives me could be useful. Either way I WILL STRENGTHEN THE COBRA ROLL (sorry, just wanted to make sure you saw that).

Let me know what you think! :D

Posted Image

#79 ZachCreate

ZachCreate

i am very exciting...

• 343 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 09:53 PM

Does it make it without the second booster? If it does, DEFINITELY take it away because the first booster looks natural but the second one, not so much. Still, it twists around with reasonable speed either way. :D

Edit: Sorry, didn't read the end of the video. :D

Edited by ZachCreate, 13 November 2013 - 09:22 PM.

Posted Image

#80 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 05:41 AM

Congratz on getting it to work. I think the boosters were a needed implementation.

Get working on those brakes!!! :D (And strengthening the C Roll)

1- Time Traveler 2- Magnum XL-200 3- The Voyage 4- Velocicoaster 5-Iron Gwazi 6- Phantom's Revenge 7- The Beast 8- The Legend 9- Tiested Timbers 10- Steel Vengeance 

Follow me on Instagram @coastergeek987
Credit Count: 305