b&amp;m floorless custom floorless train

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#1 GER Seano

GER Seano

GERMAN K'nex user

• 154 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 07:34 AM

HEY:) for my next coaster ( not hurricane) I'm going to make a nice floorless coaster and started to make some train prototypes.

I got a lot of knex micro pieces for building seats and started to make them.

Posted Image
Posted Image

so far so good ... I think they look really detailed and realistic like B&M floorless coaster seats.
after trying to make a chain dog a FIRST prototype for the black wheel parts was finished ( the seats are just put on them and are not finally glued or screwed on them )

Posted Image

the first prototype for the chain dog was not that good so I made another one ,the second :
Posted Image

(yes I want to make the train as realistic as possible . So I made a styrofoam form for the train )

Posted Image
YES this is what i want to build ( of cause they look better if they are finished )

the train has already 5 rows but the final train is 7 rows long

If you like the train prototype or have something to improve please tell me and have a nice day:)

Edited by GER Seano, 07 January 2015 - 10:48 AM.
I had enough time to clear the problem with my pics

#2 Yannick

Yannick

Colossos Forever

• 614 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 08:08 AM

It sounds great, but unfortunately I can't see the pics. Use Photobucket for posting pictures.

Here is a tutorial: http://www.sscoaster...g-images-16406/

Posted Image

Coaster Count: 84

Check out My new Eurofighter

1- Colossos 2- Tatsu 3- Formula Rossa 4- Kraken 5- BlueFire 6- Hulk 7- Dragon Challenge 8- X2 9- Scream(SFMM) 10- Krake

#3 -i!Koozie!i-

-i!Koozie!i-

!Wazzap!

• 368 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 12:53 PM

Please do! I really want to see it.

Posted Image

^Thanks Coasterman345^

1.IRON RATTLER 2.POLTERGIEST 3.SUPERMAN: KRYPTON COASTER 4.TITAN 5.JUDGE ROY SCREAM

#4 Spaghetti

Spaghetti

Golden State blew a 3-1 lead in the 2016 NBA Finals.

• 786 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 03:47 PM

I NEED REAL PICTURES.

banner_georgia_scorcher3_sfog_0.jpg?itok

#5 -i!Koozie!i-

-i!Koozie!i-

!Wazzap!

• 368 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 11:18 AM

That is SOOO realistic. Cant wait to see the coaster that goes with it!!:)

Posted Image

^Thanks Coasterman345^

1.IRON RATTLER 2.POLTERGIEST 3.SUPERMAN: KRYPTON COASTER 4.TITAN 5.JUDGE ROY SCREAM

#6 Yannick

Yannick

Colossos Forever

• 614 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 11:30 AM

I love these trains. They're really really realistic! One of the best costum trains I've seen

Posted Image

Coaster Count: 84

Check out My new Eurofighter

1- Colossos 2- Tatsu 3- Formula Rossa 4- Kraken 5- BlueFire 6- Hulk 7- Dragon Challenge 8- X2 9- Scream(SFMM) 10- Krake

#7 Maxlaam

Maxlaam

Tracing Tyrant's Steps

• 8116 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 12:01 PM

Wow, these turned out great! I hope their performance is alright too!

SSCoasters Administrator
Read The Forum Rules(smart)

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#8 GER Seano

GER Seano

GERMAN K'nex user

• 154 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 12:18 PM

Thank you, I planned a lot how to connect each row together but I think the ball-bowl connection is the best for knex.

I don't know if the train works that good but I'll make the styrofoam piece out of wood (my father is a carpenter ) and try to reach the weigh of SS train cars:)

#9 ACBread

ACBread

Wheat Hater

• 132 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 12:20 PM

Those look fantastic I am looking forward to what you are going to build with these amazing cars!:D

#10 GER Seano

GER Seano

GERMAN K'nex user

• 154 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 12:21 PM

I love these trains. They're really really realistic! One of the best costum trains I've seen

thanks a lot I try to reach the best results :)

Those look fantastic I am looking forward to what you are going to build with these amazing cars!:D

:) haha well, first I want to finish my current coaster hurricane but then I've got a lot time to finish my train and start to build a floorlesscoaster.

Edited by GER Seano, 08 January 2015 - 12:31 PM.

#11 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 12:45 PM

You've nailed the style I have to say. Hopefully they work as well as how they look because I want to see these things run.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#12 GER Seano

GER Seano

GERMAN K'nex user

• 154 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 12:49 PM

You've nailed the style I have to say. Hopefully they work as well as how they look because I want to see these things run.

Thanks:) well I know it's going to be difficult to distribute the weight of the cars:))

#13 Maxlaam

Maxlaam

Tracing Tyrant's Steps

• 8116 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 02:42 PM

Thanks:) well I know it's going to be difficult to distribute the weight of the cars:))

They seem pretty top heavy, perhaps you can weigh them down a bit so they don't bounce around too much on the track. Instead of styrofoam you could perhaps make it out of some clay of sorts? That should bring the weight closer to the track.

SSCoasters Administrator

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#14 Spaghetti

Spaghetti

Golden State blew a 3-1 lead in the 2016 NBA Finals.

• 786 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 04:05 PM

Can't wait to see what you can build!

banner_georgia_scorcher3_sfog_0.jpg?itok

#15 GER Seano

GER Seano

GERMAN K'nex user

• 154 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 04:22 PM

Can't wait to see what you can build!

hahaha sure but I need a bit time :D

They seem pretty top heavy, perhaps you can weigh them down a bit so they don't bounce around too much on the track. Instead of styrofoam you could perhaps make it out of some clay of sorts? That should bring the weight closer to the track.

I wanna use some type of wood compensating the weight of the seats so this custom train should weight like 6 or 7 SS cars (my father is carpenter and so this is not a problem for me :D)

Edited by Maxlaam, 07 January 2015 - 07:47 PM.

#16 CoasterWarriorUnlessSleeping

CoasterWarriorUnlessSleeping

loves the new acronym

• 121 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 05:41 PM

Great Scott!!

These look pretty good, and will look even cooler while running on a coaster.

#17 Maxlaam

Maxlaam

Tracing Tyrant's Steps

• 8116 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 07:49 PM

I wanna use some type of wood compensating the weight of the seats so this custom train should weight like 6 or 7 SS cars (my father is carpenter and so this is not a problem for me :D)

It's always nice if you have tools to your disposal. Or a creative dad :)

Btw, please use the multi-quote button if you need to reply to more people. It's the little button next to "Reply with Quote". Just click all the posts you want to comment on and then press the reply with quote button on the last one you want to add. I merged you previous double posts for you to clean your thread up a bit.

SSCoasters Administrator

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#18 Beethoven

Beethoven

Construction Worker

• 45 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 08:20 PM

I love the design. It would look even better if you painted them appropriately, like maybe paint the headrest parts black, or the harnesses orange. And of course it will only get better when the wood / maybe styrofoam pieces are painted.

ONLY IF YOU BELIEVE

#19 Muzz135

Muzz135

What to build.....

• 706 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 10:59 PM

These are amazing trains! I'm definately looking forward to seeing how they perform :)

#20 Cobra Roller

Cobra Roller

I have all six Infinity Stones

• 728 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 08:32 AM

I only have one thing to say.

[img][IMG]http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y451/Kishan_Mathur/Gusta-me-gusta-source_zps41f9432a.jpg[/IMG][/img]

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: b&amp;m floorless, custom, floorless, train