b&amp;m floorless custom floorless train

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#21 GER Seano

GER Seano

GERMAN K'nex user

• 154 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 12:26 PM

I love the design. It would look even better if you painted them appropriately, like maybe paint the headrest parts black, or the harnesses orange. And of course it will only get better when the wood / maybe styrofoam pieces are painted.

I already planned to paint the wood but i think the seats will stay green-yellow (so maybe the painting will be yellow and green on the wood)

Edited by GER Seano, 08 January 2015 - 12:32 PM.

#22 GER Seano

GER Seano

GERMAN K'nex user

• 154 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 04:32 PM

hey here is a little update of the black wheel parts on a test track

Posted Image

i know it's not a real big update but i wanna show how they look on track tomorrow is friday and friday means working on my train!!

#23 CartRacer56

CartRacer56

Inversion Enthusiast

• 1031 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 05:13 PM

they look good but however i think i see a problem with the first 2 cars being glued together doesnt allow then to twist (banking into a turn for instance) which could cause the train to jolt to a stop

#24 GER Seano

GER Seano

GERMAN K'nex user

• 154 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 10:20 AM

they look good but however i think i see a problem with the first 2 cars being glued together doesnt allow then to twist (banking into a turn for instance) which could cause the train to jolt to a stop

oh it looks like they are glued together but i still not glued them and there is no moving problem (what a luck ) it's like a SS car, the first car can twist to the left and right

this is what i made:
Posted Image

out of one of this:
Posted Image

the screw parts are cut of and the chain dog holding system is glued on the top of the little plastic piece that's left from the cutting process :)

Edited by GER Seano, 09 January 2015 - 10:34 AM.

#25 Cobra Roller

Cobra Roller

I have all six Infinity Stones

• 728 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 11:10 AM

That's pretty ingenious. One thing I do recommend is using hot glue for the seat design; it comes off very cleanly and it's a great adhesive.

#26 GER Seano

GER Seano

GERMAN K'nex user

• 154 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 11:27 AM

That's pretty ingenious. One thing I do recommend is using hot glue for the seat design; it comes off very cleanly and it's a great adhesive.

yes this is a good idea but I wan to say that this is NOT the actual train so far i build it , I'm fixing the parts together with Patafix.(something you can hang posters with )
the final train would be glued with hot glue :-)

#27 Yannick

Yannick

Colossos Forever

• 614 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 11:32 AM

I think Patafix is not good for glueing

Posted Image

Coaster Count: 84

Check out My new Eurofighter

1- Colossos 2- Tatsu 3- Formula Rossa 4- Kraken 5- BlueFire 6- Hulk 7- Dragon Challenge 8- X2 9- Scream(SFMM) 10- Krake

#28 Maxlaam

Maxlaam

Tracing Tyrant's Steps

• 8116 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 01:16 PM

I think Patafix is not good for glueing

Read his post. He said he's using it as a temporary solution before he makes the final version with hot glue.

SSCoasters Administrator
Read The Forum Rules(smart)

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#29 GER Seano

GER Seano

GERMAN K'nex user

• 154 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 07:39 AM

Read his post. He said he's using it as a temporary solution before he makes the final version with hot glue.

This is right:)

Edited by GER Seano, 10 January 2015 - 08:50 AM.

#30 GER Seano

GER Seano

GERMAN K'nex user

• 154 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 02:00 PM

what a day worked a bit on my train after doing stuff with friends :D

here some pics. I made the 6th and 7th car ant put the seat rows on top so the train looks nearly done (but it's still not :( )

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

and here is my favorite picture of the day , train on track <3

Posted Image

#31 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 02:06 PM

Permission to say 'dang that's awesome'. You've nailed the appearance and it looks great on the track at last.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#32 GER Seano

GER Seano

GERMAN K'nex user

• 154 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 02:20 PM

Permission to say 'dang that's awesome'. You've nailed the appearance and it looks great on the track at last.

Permission granted!

:) happy to hear this, thanks:)

Edited by GER Seano, 11 January 2015 - 02:26 PM.

#33 Yannick

Yannick

Colossos Forever

• 614 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 02:51 PM

Wow, it looks even better on the track! Awesome!!

#34 GER Seano

GER Seano

GERMAN K'nex user

• 154 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 03:24 PM

Wow, it looks even better on the track! Awesome!!

danke Yannick:)

#35 Kool Coaster Kid

Kool Coaster Kid

Fellow Canadian

• 2102 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 03:59 PM

Wow, these are really good looking cars! They are very realistic, I love it! Have you tested them out on a full track yet? I cant wait to see them on a coaster, and perhaps maybe you might make some more style cars like this in the future ;)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

^Thanks Steel^

1) Leviathan 2) Behemoth 3) Vortex 4) Sheikra 5) Kumba 6) Kraken 7) Montu 8) Manta 9) Dragon Fire 10) Gwazi

#36 GER Seano

GER Seano

GERMAN K'nex user

• 154 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 04:21 PM

Wow, these are really good looking cars! They are very realistic, I love it! Have you tested them out on a full track yet? I cant wait to see them on a coaster, and perhaps maybe you might make some more style cars like this in the future ;)

oh, well, the cars aren't finished but after they are finished I'll upload a video of them on a track :)

#37 -i!Koozie!i-

-i!Koozie!i-

!Wazzap!

• 368 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 04:45 PM

I love those carts soooooooo much

Edited by -i!Koozie!i-, 11 January 2015 - 04:58 PM.

Posted Image

^Thanks Coasterman345^

1.IRON RATTLER 2.POLTERGIEST 3.SUPERMAN: KRYPTON COASTER 4.TITAN 5.JUDGE ROY SCREAM

#38 CCI

CCI

Getting Furious in 2015

• 2019 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 08:32 PM

The trains look awesome! is there something planned with the extra bit of purple rod sticking off? If not I think it would look better if you centered it.

Posted Image

l El Toro l Fury325 l I305 l Skyrush l RFII l

DEY TUK ER JERBS!!

My RCT2 Projects!

RCT2 Help/Download

#39 GER Seano

GER Seano

GERMAN K'nex user

• 154 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 09:28 AM

The trains look awesome! is there something planned with the extra bit of purple rod sticking off? If not I think it would look better if you centered it.

no,they are of no importance but I think its better if I cut them so I'll do it

#40 Top_Thrill_Dragster33

Top_Thrill_Dragster33

Lurking around

• 1290 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 10:27 AM

These are fantastic looking, you nailed the appearance to a T. Can't wait to see how these perform on the track, they may need some kind of weighting.

Posted Image
I play too many MMO's and MOBA's

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: b&amp;m floorless, custom, floorless, train