brakes eurofighter launch

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Dumbo1984

Dumbo1984

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 June 2015 - 01:47 AM

I would like to share my recent build, which is inspired by curse of Novgorod in Germany.
It features an automated instant launch, Eurofighter lift and friction brakes, as well as tire propulsion system.

I did not pay too much attention to shaping, because I focussed on functionality first.

Please check out the video and leave a comment...

https://www.youtube....h?v=cuD1cm88LEk

#2 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 18 June 2015 - 04:01 AM

This is pretty nice I have to say. Those propulsion systems seemed to work very smoothly and shaking was minimal. Do you have any overview shots where we can see the whole thing in one picture?

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#3 Dumbo1984

Dumbo1984

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 June 2015 - 04:54 AM

This is pretty nice I have to say. Those propulsion systems seemed to work very smoothly and shaking was minimal. Do you have any overview shots where we can see the whole thing in one picture?

Well, it took me some time and several attemps to make the propulstion system work as desired. Finally, I put some plastic sheet under the cars for proper transportation by the wheels. Additionally, I found a way to mount the wheel bearing directly to the track in order to follow the tracks' shaping. The white thingy you can see on the wheels is self-adhesive P-foam profile (window sealing). It has a lot more friction than the wheels themselves.

I have some massive shaking on the first hill after the launch, anyway, the launch is powerful enough to bring the train over the top hat. :P

As requested, some overview shots of my coaster...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSxex_bzWPo

#4 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 18 June 2015 - 04:59 AM

Yeah it looks awesome. I think in future if you have any tubing left for the middle of the track, use it because it helps with the shaping and the strength but this coaster wasn't about that and it looks great the way it is.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#5 Dumbo1984

Dumbo1984

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 June 2015 - 05:17 AM

Still got some red and purple tubing, but not enough to make it over the whole track.
Also need more crossties and flexible rods to make even bigger rides. It is difficult as can be to get Knex parts in Germany, even used ones.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: brakes, eurofighter, launch