rmc

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 JayketheKid

JayketheKid

A.K.A J-Coasters

• 953 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 07:26 PM

Man, has it been a long time since I've built! I am happy to return with this Red Rod wooden RMC! It will be heavily inspired by Outlaw Run, Goliath, and Storm Chaser. I plan on doing either a zero g roll drop or a dive loop drop, if those don't work, it'll be a normal steep drop. The lift is inspired by Goliath. This will also be the first coaster to use my steel weights. I don't have a lot more to say honestly! :) Any advice is welcome! Here, I'll just show the pictures. Enjoy!
Attached File  image.jpeg   169.62KB   3 downloads
Attached File  image.jpeg   158.4KB   1 downloads
Attached File  image.jpeg   145.47KB   0 downloads
Attached File  image.jpeg   147.18KB   0 downloads

(1)- Voyage (2)- X2 (3)- Steel Vengeance (4)- Twisted Colossus (5)- Storm Chaser [6]- Fury 325 (7)- Outlaw Run (8)- Maverick (9)- Magnum XL-200 (10)- Monster

Coaster Count: 174

Park Count: 25

#2 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 08:34 PM

These new woodies with inversions... now they got woodies with flying snake dives and rollin' dives and Luna knows what else...

It looks like a promising start so far. I'll have to keep track of this. 

I'm not done building yet. 

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#3 Spaghetti

Spaghetti

Golden State blew a 3-1 lead in the 2016 NBA Finals.

• 786 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 08:26 AM

Looks good! I can't wait to see more. How tall is it in rods?

banner_georgia_scorcher3_sfog_0.jpg?itok

#4 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 05:33 AM

Could do with maybe a touch more banking in the valley but aside from that, it looks very solid and well constructed.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#5 JayketheKid

JayketheKid

A.K.A J-Coasters

• 953 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 11:03 AM

Hey guys, I just gut a quick word update on why there hasn't been an update recently. After the first update, we had a lot of work in our basement, which is where I build. That stopped about a week after the first update. After that, I got pounded with work from school and my music career. So more recently, I hurt my ankle and couldn't build with out having very bad pain. So as soon as I recover, work will start up again. I have changed my mind in the two drops and am doing a 90 degree stall into a turning drop. It will be very cool! Thanks for reading!

(1)- Voyage (2)- X2 (3)- Steel Vengeance (4)- Twisted Colossus (5)- Storm Chaser [6]- Fury 325 (7)- Outlaw Run (8)- Maverick (9)- Magnum XL-200 (10)- Monster

#6 JayketheKid

JayketheKid

A.K.A J-Coasters

• 953 posts

Posted 29 December 2015 - 12:26 PM

Okay, I think I made this project too big. I am cancelling it. I know my problem is that I build too big. I lose interest due to slow progress. I will be starting a smaller project that should be quicker to build so yea. This project is done.

#7 WSWAoasters

WSWAoasters

• 198 posts

Posted 29 December 2015 - 02:14 PM

I thought for the longest time I do the same thing where I make my builds too big for the amount of pieces I have, and while I wait for my pieces I am forced to buy, I lose interest and take it done anyways. It really sucks to hear this, but I feel you 100 percent. Good luck on your next project!

#8 Spaghetti

Spaghetti

Golden State blew a 3-1 lead in the 2016 NBA Finals.

• 786 posts

Posted 29 December 2015 - 02:34 PM

I do the same thing, always. (Vortex, Pacific Rwister, that one Togo Coaster, etc) it's cool man.

banner_georgia_scorcher3_sfog_0.jpg?itok

#9 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 03:51 PM

That's all right, it happens to everyone. This looked like a really cool concept, so maybe you can revisit it in the future.

#10 JayketheKid

JayketheKid

A.K.A J-Coasters

• 953 posts

Posted 04 January 2016 - 06:02 PM

Thanks guys, it means a lot to have support of my decision. I promise I will have a new project that is higher quality and actually completable. There could be a revisit of one or two successful or even ones that were not in the near future!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: rmc