The Longest Thread

• Please log in to reply
45735 replies to this topic

#44601 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

Lead Particle Physicist and Musical Orchestrator

• 2812 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 06:38 PM

Anybody doing anything interesting lately?

Finishing up a 675 page re-orchestration job for another popular musical. It's going to be tested out in the next two weeks once I finish up and generate all the parts (24 instruments, including the Piano/Vocal/Conductor score, but in total it's 1152 files merged down into 24 complete parts for woodwinds, brass, guitars, strings, percussion, and keyboards). Will be hitting the music stands officially in August and I couldn't be happier!

Member of a few physics experiments; Orchestrator and/or Copyist for a few musicals.

#44602 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 05:36 PM

Chester Bennington though... Actually speechless.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#44603 +Timmeh+

+Timmeh+

ranting somewhere about something

• 890 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 01:17 AM

I was on pandora this morning and Leave Out All The Rest came on. 

Sic Parvis Magna
TimmehTheAmazing

#44604 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 07:07 AM

The news absolutely shat on my day yesterday. Horrible and unbelievable. The entire new album sounds like a cry for help now.

SSCoasters Staff
The SSCoasters Forum Rules

cincinnatibearcats07sp-1.jpg

GigaSonic XLC, Déjà Vu, Werewolf, WildSide, Thunderhawk, Kaibutsu, Diamondback, Couloir

SVengeance|Voyage|LightningRod|Goliath(SFGAm)|OutlawRun|Fury325|RF2|Taron|StormChaser|Orion|

Coaster Count: 300

#44605 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 02:25 PM

One More Light certainly sounds... different now.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

Tyndrum

#44606 sean9782

sean9782

Construction Foreman

• 124 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 06:48 PM

So I saw Nolan's new movie, Dunkirk, and it was amazing.

In other news I just got a complete Rippin Rocket for $15.

4 Windseekers and counting...

#44607 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 12:19 PM

So I'm looking to get an Imgur account. *slaps PB in the face* I'm a little hesitant to do this, though. I was looking through the terms of service (don't judge me) *slaps PB*, and I noticed this;

"Also, don't use Imgur to host image libraries you link to from elsewhere, content for your website, advertising, avatars, or anything else that turns us into your content delivery network." The part that worries me is this (when talking about that ^) "...we will ban you along with the site you're hotlinking from, delete all your images..." *double slaps PB* 

The only thing I know for sure is my reaction: O____O And then the Imgur's like "Please have lots of fun!" I just read some brutal copyright rules potentially leading to not only the downfall of myself, but to SSC! I don't want SSC to be banned because of me. (Do they actually have the authority or even the ability?) *slaps PB* 

Am I understanding this right? I want to be sure, because I am not willing to put this site in Jeopardy. *nona-slaps PB* 

Edited by SCM, 22 July 2017 - 12:19 PM.

I'm not done building yet. 

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#44608 FrIeDeGgS

FrIeDeGgS

Eurofighter Enthusiast

• 805 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 03:01 PM

If you want to be safe, you could also use Flickr, which doesn't have those type of problems with their images being used elsewhere as far as I know. I remember Cobra Roller used Flickr in all his threads. I'm probably going to use it as well since when I signed up for Imgur I couldn't log back in, and I think I used the wrong email so I can't reset the password..

39751.png

Sad that I no longer have 69 internets

Current Project: Un-named Eurofighter

#44609 rgarner42

rgarner42

Construction Foreman

• 203 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 03:22 PM

I think I'm gonna play safe and use Flickr too. 

Construction update incoming... 

Edited by rgarner42, 22 July 2017 - 03:23 PM.

#44610 BGTKing

BGTKing

Administrator

• 7516 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 07:26 AM

Back from the beach. It's becoming time to start planning for my son's first birthday party.

#44611 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 01:49 PM

I know the royal celebration will be successful, it won't be long before his coronation. ;) | My dad and I just cleaned out the outside trash can. There have been spiderwebs on it this whole time. The most intimidating one was a funnel web. Spraying it out with a hose, there wasn't any funnel web spiders, but there was a water bug. I was almost disappointed, but then I cleaned out this one side of the can. There were not one, but two spiders of the same kind: brown-ish color with some white spots on it, patterned legs, a big a$$, and an orange hourglass. Yep, these were brown widows. Oh my Luna... my hand was inches away from them this morning. (eek) 

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#44612 BGTKing

BGTKing

Administrator

• 7516 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 06:37 AM

Killed a couple of similar spiders in my garage the other day, right by the door into the house. Scary with the baby crawling around everywhere now.

#44613 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 03:07 PM

I'd say just check for spiders routinely. You wouldn't want him running into anything dangerous. If the webs are out of reach, I wouldn't really worry about it. Spiders aren't going to go after your son. Still, the baby may threaten the spider (not knowing any better) and get bit. If he does get bit and starts to have a reaction, take him to the ER. If you can, capture the spider so they can identify it and give a better treatment, maybe even create some antivenom. (IDK how that works). 

Of course, if my child was reacting horribly to spider venom, I'm not about to search the house. I'm getting the little one to the ER. No way am I risking him dying because I couldn't get there in time. I know it isn't right, but since there is a baby involved, just kill all spiders you see, inside and out. 

Edit: By the way, I heard a story on the radio the other day that I thought you guys should hear. :) 

There was a little girl selling lemonade at a lemonade stand outside of her parent's house. She had some customers and was making sales, but then this grumpy old guy came along and asked to see her business license. She didn't have one, so the guy said he'd call the cops unless she took it down. She did. It wasn't long before her parents helped her out with the stand and then all of the neighbors came by and helped her out, even the police stopped by - not to arrest her, but to get some lemonade. I don't know if this story is true or not, as I can also see it as fake, but all the same, it's pretty heartwarming. 

"Young lady yew cayn't sell yer lemernaide here less yew hav a bisnes lahsence im call tah kawps" "What seems to be the problem, Sir?" "Awficah, she haz an unlahsenced lemernaide stend, awwest heh!" "How about I arrest YOU for trying to keep life from being better?" 

Edited by SCM, 25 July 2017 - 08:37 PM.

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#44614 Spaghetti

Spaghetti

Golden State blew a 3-1 lead in the 2016 NBA Finals.

• 786 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 09:50 PM

Spider season is normally in October here, but it's been so dry recently that the infestation is happening right now. It's bugging me. (No pun intended ;)) I swear I'll walk into 20 different webs each day.

banner_georgia_scorcher3_sfog_0.jpg?itok

#44615 BGTKing

BGTKing

Administrator

• 7516 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 11:18 AM

Had to buy a new lawn mower this week. Other one is badly damaged.

#44616 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 11:20 AM

I just read "I swear I'll walk into 20 different webs each day" and "Had to buy a new lawn mower this week. Other one is badly damaged." Sheesh BGT, I think a lawn mower is a bit extreme to take care of spiderwebs. ;) 

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#44617 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 05:43 PM

Perfect tool to use of course. I'm not sure I want to be meeting any spiders that build webs that can break lawnmowers though. Sounds unpleasant.

One day left of my placement. It's been pretty good actually and enjoying a bit of real world experience for once. It's nothing like university which I guess I was kind of expecting but it's also a useful foot in the door for the future. I've got another couple of weeks down at my dad's work after my holiday too. Exciting times.

Edited by CW5X, 27 July 2017 - 05:44 PM.

Tyndrum

#44618 sean9782

sean9782

Construction Foreman

• 124 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 06:50 PM

Just started to look at building a gaming PC, and I have to say that once you get going it a ton of fun figuring out what parts to get. Right now its looking like my build's going to be about $950 including a monitor. Excited to maybe be able to play planet coaster!

4 Windseekers and counting...

#44619 FrIeDeGgS

FrIeDeGgS

Eurofighter Enthusiast

• 805 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 09:48 PM

Really sad what happened at the Ohio State Fair with the fireball ride :(

39751.png

Sad that I no longer have 69 internets

Current Project: Un-named Eurofighter

#44620 KirbyCoast

KirbyCoast

• 340 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 10:38 PM

Really sad what happened at the Ohio State Fair with the fireball ride :(

It was kind of weird for me because the way I found out about it was that the same ride which is at the boardwalk (and is one of my favorites) closed down and they said it was because of that accident. Still it's not quite as scary because I know that a lot of it probably has to do with the fact that it's a carnival, and they don't take as good care of their rides. But watching that video made me remember all the fears I had of Fireball before I rode it for the first time.