The Longest Thread

• Please log in to reply
45735 replies to this topic

#44641 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 02:31 PM

FrIeDeGgS, thou have committed a sin: starting a new page. 'Tis only I who shall bring about a new chapter for the forums, for I am the god of new pages. Without me, there is no continuation of the forums. I shall let this one error pass, but be warned: turn the page again and face my wrath! 

Haha, okay, I'm kidding. Yes, that's the one I was talking about. It's possible to walk on the side rails to the beginning of the level so you can start over. I've beaten SMS several times, but I have completed it only once before, in the beginning of August. I was called back to Mario Sunshine in a dream, about two weeks ago. I found all of the blue coins by memory, and by dreaming. I can still remember the quick flashes of some of the blue coin locations from that dream. What I've been doing this time around was using the map to see how many blue coins I've collected in the area I was in. When I dream about Sunshine again in the future, I will return, and I won't ever look at the amount on the map, so if I have collected all 30 blue coins in, say, Bianco Hills, I won't know. 

• Spaghetti likes this

I'm not done building yet. 

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#44642 < NCcoaster >

< NCcoaster >

panaino

• 677 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 06:20 PM

I've noticed you guys talking about sms a few times now. Good game if I do say so myself, enough for me to have 3000 hours in it. I'm currently the 120 shines speedrun wr holder, that's been my main hobby since I stopped this. Also, weebs > Bronies

#44643 FrIeDeGgS

FrIeDeGgS

Eurofighter Enthusiast

• 805 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 07:47 PM

That's pretty cool! The only games I can remember beating multiple times (sorta) were Pokemon Black & White. I played through both like two or three times, but I never beat the elite 4 for the second time, and it definitely wasn't any kind of record time... I don't think I would be able to beat a game multiple times, and play that one game soooo much, while also having to remember to do all these very small things that shave off a second or something... 

Also, weebs > Bronies

Lol. I've only seen a few episodes of two animes and I liked them quite a bit. Although I know not to watch more because I know I'd get addicted to it and not be able to do anything else. I won't comment on the other thing since a lot of people seem to not like that fanbase, to say the least...

Edited by FrIeDeGgS, 05 August 2017 - 07:47 PM.

39751.png

Sad that I no longer have 69 internets

Current Project: Un-named Eurofighter

#44644 Spaghetti

Spaghetti

Golden State blew a 3-1 lead in the 2016 NBA Finals.

• 786 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 09:20 PM

I'm really curious to see how a Cedar Fair park's load times are, since everyone always says how they're so much better than Six Flags, but at Great America, it didn't feel like they were that long. We rode everything except the woodies, Whizzer, and The Dark Knight Ride, and the longest by far were Joker and Goliath. Joker was about an hour and 40 minutes, and Goliath was about an hour and 20, while Superman was 45 minutes, X-Flight was 30, everything else was 20 minutes, and Demon was pretty much a walk-on. Although we went on V2 at night, and the line was a lot shorter then compared to in the daytime, and it seemed like they only launched the train about every 3 minutes or so. Is this similar to how KD or KI is?

I don't know if this answers your question or not because you wanted KD or KI, but the Ops at CP are very quick and friendly. It's fun sitting in the station for ValRavn and watching the TV screen that shows the time it takes to load it up. The worst ops at CP had to be Maverick or TTD, for sure. The quickest was GateKeeper, but that's kinda obvious bc of its 1700 RPH capacity.

banner_georgia_scorcher3_sfog_0.jpg?itok

#44645 Old_Hag

Old_Hag

Lead Engineer

• 2205 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 09:26 PM

I've been at several Cedar Fair parks where I've actually seen the crews going for capacity records (they either mentioned it directly or you could overhear them mentioning it). I remember when I went to Carowinds in 2015 they were dispatching trains on Fury before the last train cleared the lift hill. I've also seen similar things on Gatekeeper and Diamondback.

Edited by Old_Hag, 05 August 2017 - 09:27 PM.

#44646 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 11:49 AM

I've been watching this show on the Discovery channel, called Darkness. Basically, three strangers must reach the exit. They enter separately, so they start off alone for the first few days. They have no food, no water, and no light. They only have 6 days to leave. I'd understand if people are like "Pfft no light? what's the big deal? Just feel your way around and you'll be fine." Being in the dark for so long made them start to lose their minds. The participants would hallucinate, experience high anxiety, and lose touch with time and reality... the people who have volunteered were in some way involved with the army, the marines, firefighters, etc. Part of me wonders if they have that as a requirement. 

I wonder how I would do? I don't know, since darkness comforts me. I used to sit in a dark room for hours. It was quite... healing. 

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#44647 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 12:06 PM

Nice! Have you lived in Orlando before? I'm finding the rain to be a real nuisance. I can't go to a theme park without getting my shoes soaked in a thunderstorm. Only 1 more month before I return to the wonderful California weather and mountains.

Haven't lived in Orlando before, but I lived about 2 hours South for 19 years of my life.

Went to Seaworld yesterday and didn't experience any rain.

1- Time Traveler 2- Magnum XL-200 3- The Voyage 4- Velocicoaster 5-Iron Gwazi 6- Phantom's Revenge 7- The Beast 8- The Legend 9- Tiested Timbers 10- Steel Vengeance 

Follow me on Instagram @coastergeek987
Credit Count: 305

#44648 FrIeDeGgS

FrIeDeGgS

Eurofighter Enthusiast

• 805 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 05:29 PM

I don't know how many of you play Pokemon Go still, but for those who don't know, recently these raids came out for gyms, which were sorta like boss Pokemon that required multiple people to attempt to beat, and once you did you could try to catch it. That was a month or two ago, but recently they released legendaries which would appear in the raids sometimes, which hadn't been in the game before. Articuno was out, then Moltres, and Zapdos tomorrow, each for a week, with Lugia also appearing in raids too. Me and my mom (who is higher level than me...) went to do a Moltres raid after I went to the orthodontist in a park nearby. Usually there are groups ranging from 10 - 20 people doing the raids, but this time was... sorta weird. Right before we reached it, there were these huge black flies all around the area. There have been raids there before and we went about twice to this particular gym and I didn't remember these huge flies. The group doing the raid also seemed unusually quiet, no one said a word. Usually some people are commenting things like "Oh, we're definitely gonna beat it" or "We have enough time", or cursing about not catching the legendary. We were there a little while, but just left since they had already started and it's basically impossible to do without 8+ people, so we walked around the park for about ten minutes. When we came back, since we have to walk through that area to leave, the people had all left, and there weren't any of those giant black flies. Maybe I'm just really overthinking this since I've been reading on the nosleep subreddit since I'm really interested in those type of things, but I don't let those stories get to me since they are just that; stories. Why would like 20+ huuge black flies be around this group of people though?

Edited by FrIeDeGgS, 07 August 2017 - 05:33 PM.

39751.png

Sad that I no longer have 69 internets

Current Project: Un-named Eurofighter

#44649 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 06:47 PM

There were these huge black flies all around the area. 

Well, that's racist. *trollface* | I just bought the hardest to find common food: chunky applesauce. No, really, I look every time I'm in the store. There is almost always a spot for chunky applesauce, but they're always out. I've been looking for several years for a single jar, and today was my lucky day. I was able to get one small jar of chunky applesauce. SEVERAL YEARS. I'm not exaggerating. 

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#44650 BGTKing

BGTKing

Administrator

• 7516 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 06:27 AM

Maybe the group of people hadn't taken showers in awhile and attracted them?

Saw there is a video game championship this week where the winning team takes home over $10 million.

#44651 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 02:49 PM

Honestly still really enjoy playing Pokémon Go. Never caught a legendary though. It isn't too popular where I live, and it's hard to coordinate people who still play.

1- Time Traveler 2- Magnum XL-200 3- The Voyage 4- Velocicoaster 5-Iron Gwazi 6- Phantom's Revenge 7- The Beast 8- The Legend 9- Tiested Timbers 10- Steel Vengeance 

Follow me on Instagram @coastergeek987
Credit Count: 305

#44652 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 08:43 PM

I've still never played that. If I ever try it, I'm sure it would be like the episode where Squidward has a Krabby Patty for the "first time". | I had a thought today: It's probably a good thing that not too many people know about K'NEX. Just for an oversensitivity joke: "K'nex is so f'ing racist! Look... those rods are WHITE and there are A LOT of them! There's only THREE black rods! Oh and look at this, YELLOW half moon!? What does that mean? And why are these 1-way connectors purple when the TWO-WAY connectors that should have this color!?" Oh me and my questionable sense of humor. :P Edit: "And look at this, even the name is sexist! There's an X and a Y disguised as a K! Subliminal!" Okay, okay, I'm done now. 

Edit 2: v *bad poker face* Heheh, yeah, I'm okay. 

Edited by SCM, 10 August 2017 - 10:47 AM.

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#44653 Dragunov!

Dragunov!

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 08:53 PM

I've still never played that. If I ever try it, I'm sure it would be like the episode where Squidward has a Krabby Patty for the "first time". | I had a thought today: It's probably a good thing that not too many people know about K'NEX. Just for an oversensitivity joke: "K'nex is so f'ing racist! Look... those rods are WHITE and there are A LOT of them! There's only THREE black rods! Oh and look at this, YELLOW half moon!? What does that mean? And why are these 1-way connectors purple when the TWO-WAY connectors that should have this color!?" Oh me and my questionable sense of humor. :P Edit: "And look at this, even the name is sexist! There's an X and a Y disguised as a K! Subliminal!" Okay, okay, I'm done now. 

What in the world... are you ok sir? :huh:

Really Crummy Contraptions designed by Apes

IMG_5782-300x200.jpg

#44654 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 11:31 PM

I probably deserve to be banned for this, but it was a necessary evil.

Attached File  20170810_000444.jpg   94.84KB   3 downloads

#44655 +Timmeh+

+Timmeh+

ranting somewhere about something

• 890 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 01:37 AM

I got my Cedar Fair ID today, I get in free to any cedar fair park + dollywood and holiday world

Also getting to see a lot of behind the scenes stuff. It was cool to see all the old posters for rides during the paramount era

Sic Parvis Magna
TimmehTheAmazing

#44656 rgarner42

rgarner42

Construction Foreman

• 203 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 02:38 AM

I probably deserve to be banned for this, but it was a necessary evil.

attachicon.gif20170810_000444.jpg

Reported... :P

Edited by rgarner42, 10 August 2017 - 02:38 AM.

#44657 BGTKing

BGTKing

Administrator

• 7516 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 06:43 AM

It's finally Friday!

Been watching a show on Netflix called Scam City. Pretty interesting about all the people trying to rip you off when abroad.

#44658 sean9782

sean9782

Construction Foreman

• 124 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 07:58 AM

I just started rewatching the show Burn Notice on Netflix. It's really not that good, but it manages to be interesting and funny so I'm enjoying it.

Excited to be getting my new puppy today!

4 Windseekers and counting...

#44659 TEDDSTER

TEDDSTER

Polar Bear

• 267 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 10:51 PM

I'm ordering a "cheap" 3D printer so I can hopefully build some cool VV track, it probably won't work good but at least I will be able to make some extra k'nex pieces! And yes, I'm still working on my S&S 4D Free Fly but the lift is giving me issues and the track keeps getting distorted..... It will be completed though  (thumbsup)

39797.png

#44660 X7123M3-256

X7123M3-256

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 05:03 AM

That sounds like an interesting project. /u/FEED_ME_BURGERS over on Reddit recently tried 3D printing coaster track. He found that it was too rough for the trains to run efficiently even after extensive sanding. If this turns out to be the case for you, you could try printing just the cross ties (and spine if present), and then using standard Knex tubing for the running rails.

Edited by X7123M3-256, 12 August 2017 - 05:03 AM.